Start by marking “Dr. Brad Has Gone Mad! (My Weird School Daze #7)” as Want to Read:
Dr. Brad Has Gone Mad! (My Weird School Daze #7)

Dr. Brad Has Gone Mad! (My Weird School Daze #7)

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  435 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
The weirdness never stops!

Ella Mentry School's counselor wants everybody to stop arguing and get along with one another. He wants everybody to be polite! He wants everybody to live in peace and harmony! What is his problem? Now the boys have to play with dolls! The girls have to play with action figures! And that's only the start of Dr. Brad's weird methods. . . .
Published October 20th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published September 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dr. Brad Has Gone Mad!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dr. Brad Has Gone Mad!

Sara
Jan 06, 2015 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mr. Klutz and Mrs. Coco thought a boy at school was a genius. They took him to room 104 to run some tests on him. The boy thought Dr. Brad was going to take out his brain and replace it with a monkey brain. He tried to hypnotize the boy which did not work. Then the boy tried to hypnotize a girl which did work. You have to read the book to see what happens to the girl.
THE END
Ruth Ann
This story portrays Dr. Brad as the school counselor, but I think he is really the school psychologist as he is responsible for talking to kids who are different. "Like kids who are smarter or dumber than everybody else. Or kids who learn faster or slower than everybody else. Or kids who have problems."
A.J. writes some unusual poetry and the gifted and talented teacher, Ms. Coco, wonders if he is a genius and needs to attend Dirk (a school for the highly gifted). Dr. Brad is called upon to help
Christina Hank
Jul 15, 2016 Christina Hank rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 6 and 7-year-olds love this book series. They're a fun read for adults and at the appropriate reading level for the girls to read on their own (with a little occasional struggle!). Great introduction to grammatical functions such as asterisks and hyphenation, and a comical narrator voice. Love these!
Tara
Feb 05, 2015 Tara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: katelyn
I liked it when every time the big loud speaker came on it said that AJ had to go to Mr. Klutz's office. I also liked when Dr. Brad said bring your favorite toy to school. And then the next day they had to switch toys because they were going to learn how to play with different toys.
Marcie
Oct 06, 2012 Marcie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Marcie by: CCIRA Read Aloud Month
Although irreverent, there's a great example of a footnote using an * on page 7. I also loved the advice "So if you're not sure if something is good or bad, just say it's interesting." I might have a hard time being comfortable reading this aloud if only for the comment when the A.J. should be tested and he asks, "Do I have to pee into a cup?" I can see high school or even middle school student's getting this, but third or fourth graders?

OK! I'm liking it better after the paragraph that starts
Kaytee
Oct 19, 2015 Kaytee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
everybody said things that were not true to dr.brad then he called me i was a little scared because the others might be right then i asked him creepy qeashtions that my friends been talking about do you think he is creepy you have to read the book to find out good luck!!!!!!
Sebastian Perez
Mar 25, 2015 Sebastian Perez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
andrea is going to get in trouble.oooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Lydia
May 11, 2015 Lydia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is so strange.
Tyler Butler
Aug 01, 2011 Tyler Butler rated it really liked it
Dr.Brad is weird and he will never stop.Ella Mentry school counselor wants AJ and his classmates to be polite. Dr.Brad wants people to live in peace and harmony.It is funny that boys play with dolls and girls play with action figures.I like this book because it is funny and interesting.The funniest thing is Dr.Brad is not a doctor he looks like a president.In the book Dr.Brad Has Gone Mad Dr.Brad is crazy just like Mr.Klutz.This book is just like Mr.Klutz is Nutz because there both crazy.
Cecelia
Mar 27, 2015 Cecelia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like when A.J. thinks Dr. Brad is going to take out his brain and replace it with a monkey brain.
Shelli
Dan Gutman understands young reader’s humor and has created a fantastic book formula to draw in even the most reluctant of readers. The My Weird School series is perfect for students to practice their reading skills with its repetitive yet hysterical narrative and story lines. But don’t mention that part to your kiddos, they might run away in fear they could learn something. A must have collection for any grade school library or classroom!
Ahmad Hassan
Aug 28, 2010 Ahmad Hassan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I happen to like this book because I enjoyed the part where everyone get along with each other.In this book, Mr. Klutzus and Ms.COCO tells A.J that they think he is a genius. They said that because thought his poetry was brilliant. The one he wrote in the gifted and talented program at his school.They had him tested by Dr.Brad but them he goes too far.Can Aj stop things before it goes too far??Read the book to find out!!!!!!!!!!
Jill
Jan 05, 2014 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My six year old son couldn't get enough of this book...his first read-aloud chapter book. I have a feeling we will be reading the entire series! Very funny and entertaining with cute illustrations on several of the pages.
Taliahshaw
I learn That all boys does not like girl stuff well some boys that i know like girl stuff such as there video games.Well some girls not really play video games but i do.I like this book Out of all of his books by and bout this was funnier than the other ones this one is the same as mrs.daisy is cazy is smae because like both of them are cazy and both of them is funny
Adam
Nov 06, 2011 Adam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny
I like Dr.Brad has gone mad because Dr.Brad tries to hypnotize A.J. but cannot. He makes girls play with action figures and boys play with barbies because he wanted them to learn to share. A.J. wrote a poem that makes the princapal and the gifted and talented teacher cry and gets tested. A.J. might get sent to dork school!
Abe
Jan 12, 2011 Abe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was pretty weird because AJ hates school, but his principal and Ms. Coco say he's a genius just because he mixed up his words and had to make a poem. I liked it because Dr. Brad was doing these weird tests on AJ that don't even have to do with real intelligence tests.
Samantha
AJ may be a genius. This comes as a shock to him. Of course, if he is a genius, he'll be sent to Dork School - I mean Dirk School! AJ doesn't want that and does everything he can to thwart Dr. Brad's plans.
Kristine
finally a series that my kids love and i enjoy reading with them. I find myself laughing at all the most amazing things in the history of the world, because that's the first rule of being a kid!
Dree
Why 3 stars? Both my kids have loved these books. Me, not so much, though sometimes they make me giggle though I wish I could control that reaction better.
Luke Geddes
Jul 23, 2016 Luke Geddes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny
Andrea's not so perfect anymore. Will AJ hypnotise Andrea in this book? (He won't.) Read and find out!
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
dr brad made a lie detector and makes the kids go thru it to see if they answer his questions truthfully.
Colin E.c.
Um, I really liked this book because I like the weird school because it's cool. And weird.
Jennifer Evers
Oct 22, 2012 Jennifer Evers rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uwm-645
Kind of funny, very snarky, sassy, etc. Kids would like it if they don't love school.
Luca
Apr 09, 2016 Luca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seriously? PLay with barbies? personaly I hate any kind of action figure.
Tim Hardin
Apr 17, 2011 Tim Hardin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
found this hilarious, A good read aloud book for young children.
Fariha
This book is awesome!!! It's so funny!!! Seriously it is
Pearl
Jul 02, 2011 Pearl rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: waybra
boring!!!!my sis fell asleep while reading it!!!!
Mateo (pokemon time!) Rivera ;)
this book was amazing beacause it is very funny!
Katie
Dec 14, 2012 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book. See why series is popular.
Gideon
Oct 29, 2013 Gideon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action
awsome book can't wait for more!
  • Captain Disaster (Squish, #4)
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000 (Frankie Pickle, #2)
  • The Little League Team from the Black Lagoon
  • Stranger Things (Looniverse, #1)
  • And Then There Were Gnomes
  • The One Hundredth Day of School! (Ready, Freddy!, #13)
  • Horrible Harry Goes to Sea
  • Jake Drake, Bully Buster
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Mutant Mosquitoes from Mercury (Ricky Ricotta, #2)
  • Zap! I'm A Mind Reader
  • Star Jumper: Journal of a Cardboard Genius
  • All About Ellie (Critter Club, #2)
  • Trouble at the Arcade (The Hardy Boys: Secret Files, #1)
  • Ticket Trouble (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #10)
  • Attack Of The Tyrannosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #1)
  • Patches (The Puppy Place, #8)
  • A Fabumouse School Adventure (Geronimo Stilton)
The author of over 80 books in a little over a decade of writing, Dan Gutman has written on topics from computers to baseball. Beginning his freelance career as a nonfiction author dealing mostly with sports for adults and young readers, Gutman has concentrated on juvenile fiction since 1995. His most popular titles include the time-travel sports book Honus and Me and its sequels, and a clutch of ...more
More about Dan Gutman...

My Weird School Daze (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Mrs. Dole Is Out of Control! (My Weird School Daze, #1)
  • Mr. Sunny Is Funny! (My Weird School Daze, #2)
  • Mr. Granite Is from Another Planet! (My Weird School Daze, #3)
  • Coach Hyatt Is a Riot! (My Weird School Daze, #4)
  • Officer Spence Makes No Sense! (My Weird School Daze, #5)
  • Mrs. Jafee Is Daffy! (My Weird School Daze, #6)
  • Miss Laney Is Zany! (My Weird School Daze, #8)
  • Mrs. Lizzy Is Dizzy! (My Weird School Daze, #9)
  • Miss Mary Is Scary! (My Weird School Daze, #10)
  • Mr. Tony Is Full of Baloney! (My Weird School Daze, #11)

“My name is A.J. and I hate school. It was Monday morning. I had just walked into Mr. Granite’s third-grade class. Everybody was putting stuff into their cubbies. My friends Ryan and Michael” 0 likes