Start by marking “100 Ways to Celebrate 100 Days” as Want to Read:
100 Ways to Celebrate 100 Days

100 Ways to Celebrate 100 Days

It's the 100th day of school--what can you do to celebrate?

Here are 100 different ideas for celebrating this fun and important day. The 100th day is about math--and so much more! From collecting to counting, baking to bouncing, reading to writing, every possible kind of activity is included for 100th day celebrations at home or at school.

Bright, detailed photographs

Published August 3rd 2010 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about 100 Ways to Celebrate 100 Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Ways to Celebrate 100 Days

Miss Kelly
Dec 17, 2016 Miss Kelly rated it liked it
Good picture book to teach the concept of numbers.
Tiffany Beedle
This book is more of an activity book for students to read. This book has 100 days with each day listing an activity to do 100 times. The book contains math as well as other subjects that are fun to learn about. Parts of this book allows the student to learn something, such as words from a different language, learning how to add, exercising, and even fine motor skills.

The audience for this book is children of all ages. This book would fit perfectly for a student who does not like to read becaus
Drew
Oct 24, 2012 Drew rated it really liked it
•Brief summary
This book is full of 100 ways to celebrate 100 days, from baking, counting, collecting, measuring, recycling, reading, writing, guessing, making, building, stitching, drawing, and so much more.

•Audience
This would probably be a good book for kindergarten to even up to 4th grade, because the things in it do require so thinking.

•Appeal
100 days of school is over whats not to enjoy.

•Implementation
I would use this book the week before or even at the beginning of the school year and hav
paula
Any kid can find a fun 100th-day project in this book. Of course there are plenty of art and craft projects for arty and crafty kids; but there are also ideas for eco-conscious kids - collect magazines to recycle; kitchen kids can make trail mix out of 100 raisins, peanuts and M&Ms; active kids can stomp 100 times; the writers can write a story with 100 words; the readers can band together and read 100 books; and any kid can borrow a measuring tape or a scale and find out what 100 centimeter ...more
Amanda Kaye
Jul 25, 2010 Amanda Kaye rated it really liked it
What a fun book! This book is perfect for any elementary age child, teacher, or parent. Full of color, a variety of activities, and really helps captivate the joy of the 100th day of school. As a teacher I personally found this book enriching. Many times I end up stumped about what to do on the 100th day of school...well not any more! There are activities from building shapes with 100 blocks to stringing 100 cereal loops onto a necklace to saying hello in 100 languages to melting 100 ice cubes a ...more
Heather
Feb 15, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it
We got this book primarily on the colorful illustrations of different groupings of 100 throughout the book. We ignored the words & the 100th day of school plot. My kids (6 & 4) loved just looking at the different combinations of 100 and what constitutes it...so basically it was a multiplication / grouping guide for us...which led to 3 days of independent cuisenaire rod play....none of which was my guiding ;)
Lupine
I wanted this to be something different than it was, so I was disappointed at first. This concept of the 100th day of school is a new one to me and I was hoping for a "activity a day" book like I had when I was a kid. However, I can see how kids might enjoy finding ways to do or make 100 of something. I can see teachers really liking this one.
Maxwoodliff
Jul 19, 2012 Maxwoodliff rated it liked it
This book would be great for students that are learning how to count. It starts with 1 and works its way up to 100. I would like to see the numbers also written out as well as just as numerical symbols in the book. I would use this book as a read aloud and project the pictures on my smartboard.
Shelli
Oct 10, 2010 Shelli rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Great book for teachers, students and parents to get ideas on how to celebrate the 100th day of school.
Laura5
Dec 09, 2011 Laura5 rated it it was amazing
My new favorite for 100 days.
Love the pictures and the layout of this book.
100 clever, easy (& often free) ways to celebrate 100.
Karyn
Karyn rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2011
Marguarite Markley
Marguarite Markley rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2012
2bibliophiles
2bibliophiles rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2014
Nan
Nan rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2011
Kyle
Kyle rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2012
Mack
Mack rated it it was ok
Jun 16, 2014
DickensAnnex
DickensAnnex rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Boat
Boat rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2014
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2011
Patty
Patty rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2010
Haley
Haley rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2012
kortney
kortney rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2013
nancy
nancy rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2010
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2015
Kristen
Nov 23, 2010 Kristen rated it really liked it
Great ideas for the "Big 1-0-0" day, for little students and bigger ones, too.
Joan Marie
Jan 26, 2016 Joan Marie rated it liked it
A new approach to a familiar topic.
Chris Young
Chris Young rated it it was ok
Apr 02, 2011
Isabel Hernandez
Isabel Hernandez rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2011
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2011
Edward Sullivan
Edward Sullivan rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2011
Bruce Goldstone is the author of several books, including 100 Ways to Celebrate 100 Days, Great Estimations, Greater Estimations and The Beastly Feast. He has worked in educational publishing for nearly twenty years. Growing up in Ohio, Bruce fell in love with reading and the magic of words, and even back then he knew he wanted to be a writer. Books have always been an important part of his life, ...more
More about Bruce Goldstone...