Slightly Engaged (Slightly, #3)

Slightly Engaged (Slightly #3)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  1,255 ratings  ·  56 reviews
There are a lot of things
worse than being Slightly Engaged . . .
being entirely broke, completely alone and wholly perplexed.

It's been a year and a half since Tracey and Jack moved in together, and everything's totally perfect -- well, okay, almost perfect. There's still Tracey's mom, who says they're "living in sin," and her friends, who are all smug, married and totall

Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Slightly Engaged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slightly Engaged

Alicia Prevost
God, I want to like this book series!!

I LIKE the writing. I do. It's well written, the plot is fun, most of the characters are a lot of fun but I walked away from this one much like the last one. I actually sped read through it just to get it over with but I wanted to like it.

Here's the thing...I didn't know it in the 1st or 2nd book but this one made it clear to me.

I don't like Tracey.

Everything else about this book WOULD work for me. I just...don't like Tracey. This ENTIRE book was her obsessi...more
Julia
Guess I'm getting too old for this genre of ChickLit. I just wanted to keep smacking her with a 2x4. Characters need to grow and progress and, though it seemed like she made progress at the end of the first book, apparently she actually didn't because every single one of her neuroses was in full bloom throughout the second and third book.

I give up on this series (but not on the author).
Car
I did not enjoy this book. I only finished it because I wanted to find out how it ended without just flipping to the end of the book. The main character, Tracey, was utterly annoying with her obsession to get engaged. She also displayed boneheaded behavior at times when she probably could have gotten a proposal if she wasn't so self-involved.
Kelsey
Tracey was too whiny. I finished it just to see how Jake ended up proposing, but I really didn't want to read it. I think I'll take a break from this series for a while.
Francesca Rock

Woah! This was quite a change from book two. In book two Tracey was her own woman, and she loved Jack but she had her own life. In this one - her life suddenly seemed to revolve entirely around whether or not he was going to propose. In essence, her whole life revolved around whether or not a man was going to be in it. That's quite disappointing Tracey. You let me down chicka.

That being said, it was written well enough that Tracey managed to get me riled. I didn't like her behaviour - ignoring...more
Emily
Stacy
This book was cute, just like the rest of the "slightly" series!! I enjoy reading about Tracey's escapades...especially because she reminds me a lot of me when I was single and young. I remember that anticipation of "will we ever get engaged?"--especially after my now husband, then boyfriend, picked a fake (which turned into real) fight with me at the jeweler as we were trying on rings. Oy.

I really enjoy how Tracey has to keep reminding herself to take charge in her life...too many of us have s...more
Penny
In this installment of the "Slightly" series, Tracey's inner monologue is wordy. Copious. Skim-worthy. So let me just break it down so you can skip Slightly Engaged like I wish I had:

(view spoiler) The End.
Elvia
I'm loving these books. The whole time Tracey is desperate for her boyfriend, Jack to propose to her. She has realized that just living with him is not enough and she wants the relationship to go forward. When she finds that his mother has given him a diamond, she really can't rest. Every moment is like, "Is this it?" I won't ruin it but it was definitely entertaining.
Ashlee
The reason I didn't give this book 5 stars is because I just can't stand when current events in Hollywood are discussed in fictional literature. When the characters are talking about Julia Roberts' twins, many people won't get that.
If I ignore every reference to a celebrity, I really enjoyed the book. It was a quick read, and it actually gave a really good message to young women who are waiting on the man to get engaged. It really speaks about how you can't wait for others actions to influence...more
Vicki
This is seriously THE BEST SERIES I have ever read! I highly recommend it to everyone! I love the characters, especially Tracey. I could relate to her on so many levels it was scary, at some points I was convinced author Wendy Markham had somehow gotten into my brain and wrote about my life! I breezed through the book and was eager to start the next, and the next - by the time Suburban ended I was so sad to have to say goodbye to the storyline and characters! I still say there needs to be a fina...more
penelopewanders
Well, I know I did get engaged at some point, but I honestly don't think it was the issue it is here, so I'm finding it a bit hard to relate to this need to validate happiness by turning it into marriage. Seems like any fiancé would do... almost. She does at some point say she'd rather not be married to will than living un-engaged to Jack, but seems to forget that sentiment by the following thought. Ah well, the value of chicklit is its lightness, right? Give me Jennifer Crusie any day.

Ending a...more
Stephanie
This book was okay...not great, not terrible, but somewhere in the middle. It seemed like every other sentence out of Tracey's mouth was, "Oh maybe he's going to propose to me now." It got SO repetitive it was annoying. If she wasn't so occupied with getting engaged and just going with the flow, the rest of the storyline would have made for a great book. Tracey just had to ruin it! :-P It took me a while to get through just because Tracey was frustrating me so much, but still a fun read.
Denise
This is the third book in the series, and so far my least favorite. I found the main character, Tracey, irritating as she whined and wallowed in pity for all 320+ pages, waiting for her live-in boyfriend Jack to propose. Each chapter and section is the same. Tracy builds up every upcoming event and holiday, and then complains when the proposal doesn't come. I just wish there were other story lines to complement this one.
Amber
I the next installment of Tracey's life, she is desperately awaiting Jacks proposal as she watches all her friends become engaged and get married. Watching her ups and downs you feel her annoyance/desperation in a very funny way. This is another great book in this wonderful series and I have already started the next one. Can't wait to see how the wedding turns out.
Celeste Johnson
This was a pretty cute book! Unfortunately, I thought it was the 1st of two novels, turned out to the be 2nd of three novels. To say the least, I'm kind of caught in the middle -- but delighted to be so. I'll probably start reading the next book tonight..just too many books to read. I can't keep up with what my mind has in store.

I bid you good reading!!
Denise
So far this is my least favorite of the series. Maybe I'm just reading them too close together, but certain things got on my nerves. For instance, Kate. She was driving me crazy. And attempting to book a place for the wedding before you are even engaged -- come on! I still like the series though, and I want to read the next one. :)
Dominica
All of the "Slightly" books are hysterical. Their cutesy and girly but sometimes you need an easy read. These books really try to encompass the crazy thoughts that go through our twenty somthing minds when we're single/engaged/married. If you're looking for a great read on the beach, this one's it.
Sheena
This was a very cute book! I loved the writing style of Markham with Tracey's hilarious thought processes. I felt like Tracey was a girlfriend spilling out her emotions to us in an on going casual conversation. This was the first I've read from the series...makes me want to read the others!
Erica Rae
This book was about Tracy and Jack and how Tracy waits for Jack to propose and she lets it take over her life...in the last three pages of the book she realizes she needs to take life by the horns n live it...once she does that she is much happier....n finds herself engaged...
Cindy VanBebber
I enjoyed reading this book, but at times it was almost too cliche. I love chick lit but sometimes I wanted to yell at the characters because they weren't realistic. Also, the ending was out there. But not bad for a vacation read, and can definatly be read in a weekend.
Lisa
Definitely a cute book... I was getting slightly annoyed how she carried on and on about not being engaged yet, but the entire book was adorable. I'm really not sure how I read it all today, but I'm excited to pick up the next one from the library sometime soon!
Angela
I really enjoy this series. The first two were great; the character is very relatable. She still is in this third installment, but I found that it lacked plot depth in comparison to the other two. Still, I'll definitely be reading the next one!
Lea Anne
I really enjoyed the first two books of this series. I really had to push myself to get through this book because the main character, Tracey, couldn't stop WHINING about getting married! It was very irritating and really ruined this book.
Deborah
The third installment in Tracey's life. This time around Tracey has the guy but wants the ring. I'd love to read future installments, such as, Slightly Married and Slightly Pregnant.
Easy, fun read.
Amanda Carmichael
i liked it "slightly less" than the other books...definitely placed in the middle of a 5 book series. it was a quick, one evening read, and it did not make me think. mission accomplished :)
Jen
Tracey and Jack have been living together for 18 months in their "cozy" one bedroom Manhattan apartment. Tracey is ready for Jack to ask the big question, but is he commitmentphobic?
Terri
Written the way my friends and I actually speak to one another, this trilogy was devoured, discussed, cried over, and laughed at for months after the book(s) were finished!
Amanda
I loved this book so much that I read the other ones. Big mistake. This is the only one that I liked. It keeps you guessing, are they getting married or not. I loved this one.
the central character is focused on one things and one things only. getting a diamond on her finger. and her obsession with this makes her come off as shallow and a bitch.
  • Whose Wedding Is It Anyway? (Red Dress Ink)
  • Monkey Business
  • Crossing the Line
  • Inappropriate Men (Red Dress Ink)
  • Name & Address Withheld
  • The Key (Rachel Benjamin, #3)
  • Burning The Map
  • My Fake Wedding
  • Tart
  • The Funeral Planner
  • On The Verge
  • True Lies of a Drama Queen
  • Mafia Chic
  • Girl Most Likely to
New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than seventy published novels and has sold more than three million books worldwide. Under her own name, Wendy achieved New York Times bestselling status with her single title psychological suspense novels. Those novels and the women's fiction she writes under the pseudonym Wendy Markham have also frequently appeared on...more
More about Wendy Markham...
Slightly Single (Slightly, #1) Slightly Settled (Slightly, #2) Slightly Married (Slightly, #4) Mike, Mike & Me Slightly Suburban (Slightly, #5)