Dear Prince Charming (Glass Slipper, Inc., #2)

Dear Prince Charming (Glass Slipper, Inc. #2)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  764 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Too short to be a model, too unartistically inclined to be a designer, Valerie Wagner has finally found her niche in the fashion world she loves as the publicist for Glass Slipper, Inc., and the mastermind behind the launch of their brand-new glossy magazine. She's signed up the perfect cover model - Prince Charming, an advice columnist who's won the hearts of millions of...more
Published (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Dear Prince Charming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Prince Charming

Chin
Dear Prince Charming, Once upon a time, Donna Kauffman placed a fairy tale twist on a book about, Valerie Wagner. She can’t be a model because of her height, not artistic enough to be a designer. However, she finally found her niche within the fashion world she loves for the glossy publicist for Glass Slipper, Inc magazine. She's signed up the perfect cover model - Prince Charming- he is an unknown, America's sweetheart, the sexy and sensitive man who's helped millions of women get their man to...more
Kimberly
Very cute book. I have never read Kauffman before but I really enjoyed this book.
While Valerie and Jack are very cute the best relationship is between best friends Jack & Eric. Whoever Kauffman used as a example of friends for Jack & Eric she really hit it on the mark you can't help but smile. That being said Jack and Valerie have a connection they can not seem to sever no matter how much they believe they should. Jack is pretending to be Prince Charming (who is really Eric - but Eric h...more
RoseMari
Valerie Wagner may have stretched the truth a little to get the job with Glass Slipper, Inc., but she was meant for and loves her job with the godmothers. And she had been the ideal employee until she has to keep a huge secret from her employers, a secret that could potentially sink the launch of the new magazine. The alpha male dubbed Prince Charming (a.k.a. Eric has won the hearts of women across the country by giving them outstanding relationship advice. The thing is that he isn’t actually “...more
Qnpoohbear
Valerie Wagner has finally scored her dream job as a publicist for the about-to-be-launched Glass Slipper magazine. They snagged Prince Charming, a man who knows just how to fix relationship problems, as their cover boy and columnist. Eric is also a hunk, which Valerie knows will help sales. There's only one problem - when Eric realizes that the magazine launch will make him a public figure, he decides to come out of the closet. Eric wants to be able to have a private life but he also refuses to...more
Linda
Valerie Wagner loves the fashion industry but can't seem to find her place in that world. When she becomes the publicist for the launch of a new magazine, she knows she's finally found her niche. When she convinces popular advice columnist "Dear Prince Charming" (Eric) to publish his column in the new magazine, she plans a huge media event. At the last minute, Eric calls and wants to back out of the media event. He has decided to "come out of the closet" and has a new boyfriend. Afraid that his...more
Jackie
There is something about a fairytale that makes you forget your cares for a bit. This contemporary rendition sets itself apart by its sheer "fantasy feel" overlaid with the reality of the story taking place centering on a modern couple. Not only is it filled with a lot of over the top scenarios but a genuinely heartwarming cast of characters that includes a giant dog named Gunther who is in a class all his own!

A modern romance with some serious twists to the plot that double the readers pleasure...more
Kate
The book is sizzling. I can feel the live sparks emanating both from Valerie Wagner and Jack Lambert. I like the fact that this book can enjoy without reading the other Glass Slipper books.
Summerfly
Penelope Vargus
Although the title would make you think this book is filled of overused themes and boring plot lines, this book honestly blew me away. I loved the main character because she was easily relatable and refreshingly strong. She did not follow the lead male around like a sad puppy or pine away silently in her room. She stood up for herself ( uncommon in today's chick lit). I honestly did not see the high suspense coming at the end of the story and will also never look at a dressing room the same.
Cailin
I really love Glass Slipper Inc. You really feel like the characters are wanting a change and that's why they take a chance with Glass Slipper. This time we get a better look into the work behind the curtain of Glass Slipper and learn about the new employee who is willing to do a lot to keep this job. Including keeping her hands off the new face of the magazine the not so Prince Charming.
Katie
I did not have super high expectations on this book. I got it at the library knowing that I'd read a few of her books before. This book surprised me. Yes, it was a little slow going in the romance department but the story was good and her descriptions were vivid. I could easily picture the Eric and Jack. Parts of the story made me laugh out loud and her description of Gunther was great.
Mia
Here's the thing about this book - it's an easy read. Very easy. I finished it within two hours.
Honestly, it's a pretty decent book with some funny parts. Yes, there could be some more depth to it. And yes, at points it gets a little hokey, but not all books are going to be classics.

It's a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon, if the cable is broken and you've read everything else.
Andrea
Fun, light read. Entirely predictable - sometimes you really need a good fluff book to read but occasionally they are frustrating when the characters can't see why their plan (or the plot of the book) just is going to fall completely apart at the end. Still - would probably read more of her stuff if in the right mood.
Sharon
I love the idea of the Glass Slipper Agency, run by three women to help people's dreams come true. Here, they are about to launch a new magazine and this story centers on their publicist. Kauffman gives just enough tweaks to the staples of the genre to give her plots interest and momentum.
Erika
A quick, brain-clearing piece of fluff. I like the UST, but the whole premise seems a little silly, especially since Valerie is so guilt-ridden over everything. Gunther makes the story by keeping it funny in some of the slow bits. It is well-written compared to other books in the genre.
Amber
An easy, fun read, with a cute twist on an old fairy tale. The plot was simple and could have used more complexity, but the romance factor was great! This was just slightly on the light side of beach reading - I prefer something a little more challenging to think about.
Bookgirl89
omg this is by far the worst book i have ever read. the narration was horable, the dialog was worse. the dramatic parts was hilarious. this was the first romantic novel i have read and am pretty sure it was my last.

horrible book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Erin
Is this the state of romance in the current society? That the "happily ever after" is a couple who has been dating for 10 months and is maintaining a multiple-continent relationship? In the immortal words of Weekend Update - "Really???"
Crystal
I am really suprised but I really loved this book. I like the Cinderalla twist she puts in the book and you really fall for the characters. Definately a must read for those that are looking for something light and fun!
C.L. Coons
Jun 21, 2009 C.L. Coons rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance fans, chick lit fans
This is my first Kauffman, and I just LOVED this book. I'm a big beach-book reader, and this was another perfect, fun, sexy beach read. I can't wait to read more of her work. Loved the characters!
Mollie *scoutrmom*
May 03, 2010 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance fans
Shelves: romance, read-in-2010
The protagonists in this book have to come to grips with their fears and learn to live and to make love a priority. Much better done than the author's early work.
Kelly
Yes, I know it was fluff but this was really good, well written fluff. I really enjoyed this book. Going to have to look into her other books.
Sandy
Boring, dry, and uninteresting. It dragged on and on and on. Nothing jumped out at me. I DO NOT RECOMMEND. 1/5 stars.
Just - The romance reader
I'm on the fence on whether to give this one a 3 or a 3.5

It was a good easy read. The characters were amusing.
Christine
Cute setup between a publicist and a male advice columnist who advises female lonely-hearts. Nothing is as it seems...
Mrs. Klass
this book is what cait calls a "fluff" read. i couldn't quite get into it, and i abandoned it about halfway...
Alicia
A quick, easy beach read. Predictable plot and some embarrassing dialogue, but light and easy.
Mem
Publicist's launch of a new magazine runs into a problem. The solution becomes as big a problem.
Jenn Bragg
Cute story. It fit in with the others in the series very well.
Carlie
this book was amazing, I read it in about 3 days, it was great!
  • Deep Sea Dead (Pauline Sokol #4)
  • "Wicked" Women Whodunit
  • Man at Work
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Includes: Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
  • My Pleasure (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #2)
  • The Truth About Cats & Dogs (Men of Courage #4)  (Fear Familiar, #18)
  • Pleasure Exchange (Pleasure Games, #3)
  • Unwrapped (Hot Scot Trilogy #3)
  • 32AA
  • Hello, It's Me
  • Mischief Becomes Her (Sunshine Girls, #2)
  • Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2)
  • Wanting Something More (Stepp Sisters Trilogy, #3)
  • Sex as a Second Language
  • Bad Boys On Board (Includes: Watson Brothers, #1)
  • Undone
  • Kiss the Bride
USA Today bestselling author of the Cupcake Club Romance series (and brand new Bachelors of Blueberry Cove series!), DONNA KAUFFMAN has seen her books reviewed in venues ranging from Kirkus Reviews and Library Journal to Entertainment Weekly and Cosmopolitan. She lives just outside of DC in the lovely Virginia countryside, where she is presently trying to makeover her newly empty nest into somethi...more
More about Donna Kauffman...
Sugar Rush (Cupcake Club #1) The Cinderella Rules (Glass Slipper, Inc., #1) Bad Boys in Kilts (Chisholm Brothers #1) Merry Christmas, Baby Sweet Stuff (Cupcake Club, #2)