Start by marking “Penny and Pepper (Pony Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Penny and Pepper (Pony Mysteries, #1)

Penny and Pepper (Pony Mysteries #1)

An early reader series debut for every horse lover!

Penny is visiting her grandparents out in the country for the summer. They have a surprise for her--a pony named Pepper! Along with their new friends, Tom and Tina, Penny and Pepper solve mysteries in the neighborhood, and rescue a frightened kitten!

Published January 1st 2011 by Scholastic, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Penny and Pepper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Penny and Pepper

Aubrey
Oct 31, 2016 Aubrey rated it liked it
the start of the book is penny the girl gets a horse named pepper from grandma and grandfather give a horse to penny and she is so superisd that she got a horse and pepper got lot in the woods and penny was wred that pepper would get lost in the woods.
Tiffany Neal
This is one of those scholastic reader books that is leveled for grades 1-3, but I read it aloud to my kindergartner and preschooler. Even though I know it's not meant to be a read aloud, and it's meant for emerging readers, it was a cute story. Although I do have to say that the first person present tense and repetion of so-and-so says was extremely awkward for this type of story. Overall, it was an interesting mystery that involved a pony and a kitten, and what little girl can resist those two ...more
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
This is such a fun story to read, with a great message and great illustrations. Penny is a city girl and is spending the summer with her grandparents in the country. Not much a country girl, Penny makes fast friends and realizes there's a lot to love about being in the country. She learns to appreciate beautiful horse her grandparents got, along with the new kitten he finds.

Though my children are a bit younger, my daughter absolutely loved this story. This is a great story for horse lovers and
Shelly Koressel
This is a cute adventure mystery book for 2nd graders. Penny is on a mission to find a missing kitten and rescues it. My little girl loved reading this she thought it was so neat to read her first mystery.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
This book is about a girl who goes to her grandparents house and gets a surprise pony named Pepper. J.S.
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it did not like it
May 20, 2014
Sandee
Sandee rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2011
Connie
Connie rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2015
Aletha
Aletha rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2012
Greta
Greta rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2013
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Emilia
Emilia rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2015
Alice
Alice rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2011
Katieb (MundieMoms)
Katieb (MundieMoms) rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2010
Meryem
Meryem rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Meng
Meng rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2013
Yuna K
Yuna K rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
Nov 02, 2015
Annabelle
Apr 20, 2016 Annabelle rated it it was amazing
I like it
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy rated it it was ok
Feb 26, 2013
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2012
Stacy
Stacy rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2012
Maranda Russell
Maranda Russell rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2014
Cindy
Cindy rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2015
Bethany
Bethany rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2012
Charlene Lance
Charlene Lance rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Sjr
Sjr rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2013
Sharol Rous
Sharol Rous rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2015
Katja
Katja rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2012
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2014
When I was growing up I never thought of being an author. I was a terrible speller and didn't want to write any more than I had to. I wanted to be a tap dancer when I grew up. After a few years of teaching junior high and high school, I wrote my first novel. It was a surprise to discover that I liked making up stories and writing them down. I liked it so much that eventually I stopped teaching and ...more
More about Jeanne Betancourt...

Pony Mysteries (2 books)
  • The Clue in the Clubhouse (Pony Mysteries, #2)