Start by marking “Operation Summer Storm (Operation, #1)” as Want to Read:
Operation Summer Storm (Operation, #1)

Operation Summer Storm (Operation #1)

Tate Maddox is a wanted man, accused of a crime he didn't commit.Summer Sheldon holds the key to his freedom-for a price. Her demands are simple--rescue her journalist sister from a rebel hostage camp and she'll hand over the evidence to clear his name. There's just one small catch. He has to take her with him. From the depths of a Cambodian jungle to the tropical paradise ...more
Published October 29th 2010 by The Wild Rose Press (first published October 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Operation Summer Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Operation Summer Storm

Hope Frost
Aug 25, 2013 Hope Frost rated it really liked it
This is my first book by this author and I have already downloaded the others in this series. I really loved the story, and the way the author kept the story moving. There were some "edge of your seat" moments and some moments when you wanted to throw the book and say WTF were you thinking, but in the end you see the method to the madness. The characters were developed, the plot was easy to follow and you were left wanting to read the next one now. All of the makings of a success in my eyes.
Jacqueline
Hmm. This had enough problems for me that it wasn't really all that enjoyable to read. The writing was a little awkward around the edges for example the author going for the obvious word choice everytime so much so that it was noticable. That sort of thing will work out as the author becomes more experienced. There was more telling than showing. The characters motivations were sort of all over the place.

Lots of things happened but not everything was important to the story. I know that real life
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
I'd give this romantic suspense a solid 4 stars. It was a quick enjoyable read full of action and tantalizing sensuality.

I enjoy romantic suspense, but still don't read it as often as other genres. I am always a little worried going into one since I read a smaller number of books of this nature, there is a higher chance I will find a dud. That was not the case with this novel. I enjoyed the spunky Australian, Summer and American Marine, (very drool worthy) Tate.

It included action, exotic locatio
Rhonda Dennis
Feb 18, 2012 Rhonda Dennis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! I'd put it down to do some things around the house, but within minutes, I was picking it back up because I HAD to know what happened next. This fast-paced adventure was full of action, suspense, and the men--WOW! Karlene's novel was well-written, making me feel like I was right there with the characters. I look forward to reading more of her work.
Wendy
Nov 10, 2010 Wendy rated it really liked it
What a great book! A real page turner! Loved Summer and Tate such a great couple. Summer sure says what's on her mind. Yep, definitely goes up there as one of my faves.

SirenBookReviews
Apr 23, 2011 SirenBookReviews rated it really liked it
Ready for a hot romance filled with plenty of action and suspense? Operation Summer Storm has all that and more. This edge-of-your-seat story will lure the reader away from the world as this book is engaging and memorable.

Summer wants to save her sister, and she finds Tate Maddox to do the job. She's got a bargain for him. Find her sister and rescue her, and in return she will prove his innocence. Seems simple, right?

No, not really. The world they enter is dangerous and unlike anything they've e
Kerri Williams
Feb 07, 2012 Kerri Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been a real long time since I couldn't put a book down, but from the first page of Operation Summer Storm I was hooked with no way out.
Tate and Summer make an electric couple on the edge of danger and I was on the run with them.
I laughed, cried and wanted to slap the hell out of both of them but that's what makes this book so compelling. I went to bed at 11:30pm knowing I had an early start for the mornings work. I tossed and turned until DH told me to gt up and read the last chapters or
Debbie
Feb 25, 2012 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Refreshing! Not only was this a great story with lots of action, the author created realistic and likeable characters. With today’s trend of female main characters you can find all combinations of ditzy-hormone imbalanced-she Rambo with impaired relationship skills.
Summer and Tate make for an explosive team as Summer risks all to save her sister. The action never stops and there’s the added chemistry between the two to spice things up a bit and throw them off balance.
You are dragged through the
Mzkarinann
Nov 20, 2010 Mzkarinann rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. While this wasn't a book I would normally read, I loved another book from the author so thought I would give it a read and I'm glad I did. The many situations they got in to made it an interesting, unpredictable and fun read. Couldn't put it down at all. Would recommended this book to anyone. Thank you Karlene for another excellent read. Can't wait to read more of your books in the future.
Greta Branas
Dec 03, 2014 Greta Branas rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book! Had me on the edge of my seat. Couldn't put down and I fell in love with the characters. I highly recommend this book!!
Kim Filippo
Kim Filippo rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2013
Paula Clark
Enjoyable fast paced read - plenty of action with some suspense and romance thrown in :)
Suzanne Brandyn
Suzanne Brandyn rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2011
Helen
Mar 06, 2011 Helen rated it it was amazing
This was a great story loved the suspense and the romance it grabbed right from the first page
Elsie Dobrzanski
Elsie Dobrzanski rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Marina
Marina rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2012
Gail
Jul 03, 2014 Gail rated it it was amazing
Very good. Could not put the book down.
Bperry
Bperry rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2016
Krystal
Krystal rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2013
Phillip Ressler
Phillip Ressler rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Missnoname
Missnoname rated it it was ok
Aug 31, 2014
Fiona
Fiona rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2011
Juanita Kees
Juanita Kees rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2012
Brandi Money
Brandi Money rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Fiona Barry
Jul 14, 2012 Fiona Barry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!
Mariko
Mariko rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2013
Samantha Parker
Samantha Parker rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Shattered Sky
  • As Darkness Falls (Dungirri, #1)
  • Under Fire  (Under Fire #1)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • My Brother's Keeper
  • Promises
  • Bridie's Choice
  • Absolution (Suspense Series, #5)
  • Fatal Heat
  • Mountain Ash
  • Cold Day in Hell (Security Specialists International, #2)
  • Red Heat (Men In Uniform, #1)
  • Behind Closed Doors (Daniels Brothers, #1)
  • The Merchant of Death (Playing the Fool, #2)
  • Icebound
  • The Sunnyvale Girls
  • The Boss and Her Billionaire (Love on Deck #1)
  • Zoe's Muster
Karlene lives on the Mid North Coast of NSW. She writes Romantic Suspense, New Adult, Fantasy and Rural Romance, contemporary fiction.
Currently working on Book two of Whiskey State of Mind. You can check it out book one,here-> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BW24W4A
More about Karlene Blakemore-Mowle...

Operation (4 books)
  • Operation Willow Quest (Operation, #2)
  • Operation Swift Mercy (Operation, #3)
  • Operation Date with Destiny (Operation, #4)