Operation Summer Storm (Operation, #1)

Operation Summer Storm (Operation #1)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Tate Maddox is a wanted man, accused of a crime he didn't commit.Summer Sheldon holds the key to his freedom-for a price. Her demands are simple--rescue her journalist sister from a rebel hostage camp and she'll hand over the evidence to clear his name. There's just one small catch. He has to take her with him. From the depths of a Cambodian jungle to the tropical paradise...more
Published October 29th 2010 by The Wild Rose Press (first published October 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Operation Summer Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Operation Summer Storm

Alana ~ The Book Pimp
I'd give this romantic suspense a solid 4 stars. It was a quick enjoyable read full of action and tantalizing sensuality.

I enjoy romantic suspense, but still don't read it as often as other genres. I am always a little worried going into one since I read a smaller number of books of this nature, there is a higher chance I will find a dud. That was not the case with this novel. I enjoyed the spunky Australian, Summer and American Marine, (very drool worthy) Tate.

It included action, exotic locatio...more
Rhonda Dennis
I really enjoyed this book! I'd put it down to do some things around the house, but within minutes, I was picking it back up because I HAD to know what happened next. This fast-paced adventure was full of action, suspense, and the men--WOW! Karlene's novel was well-written, making me feel like I was right there with the characters. I look forward to reading more of her work.
Wendy
What a great book! A real page turner! Loved Summer and Tate such a great couple. Summer sure says what's on her mind. Yep, definitely goes up there as one of my faves.

Jacqueline
Hmm. This had enough problems for me that it wasn't really all that enjoyable to read. The writing was a little awkward around the edges for example the author going for the obvious word choice everytime so much so that it was noticable. That sort of thing will work out as the author becomes more experienced. There was more telling than showing. The characters motivations were sort of all over the place.

Lots of things happened but not everything was important to the story. I know that real life...more
SirenBookReviews
Ready for a hot romance filled with plenty of action and suspense? Operation Summer Storm has all that and more. This edge-of-your-seat story will lure the reader away from the world as this book is engaging and memorable.

Summer wants to save her sister, and she finds Tate Maddox to do the job. She's got a bargain for him. Find her sister and rescue her, and in return she will prove his innocence. Seems simple, right?

No, not really. The world they enter is dangerous and unlike anything they've e...more
Hope Frost
This is my first book by this author and I have already downloaded the others in this series. I really loved the story, and the way the author kept the story moving. There were some "edge of your seat" moments and some moments when you wanted to throw the book and say WTF were you thinking, but in the end you see the method to the madness. The characters were developed, the plot was easy to follow and you were left wanting to read the next one now. All of the makings of a success in my eyes.
Mzkarinann
I absolutely loved this book. While this wasn't a book I would normally read, I loved another book from the author so thought I would give it a read and I'm glad I did. The many situations they got in to made it an interesting, unpredictable and fun read. Couldn't put it down at all. Would recommended this book to anyone. Thank you Karlene for another excellent read. Can't wait to read more of your books in the future.
Kerri Williams
It's been a real long time since I couldn't put a book down, but from the first page of Operation Summer Storm I was hooked with no way out.
Tate and Summer make an electric couple on the edge of danger and I was on the run with them.
I laughed, cried and wanted to slap the hell out of both of them but that's what makes this book so compelling. I went to bed at 11:30pm knowing I had an early start for the mornings work. I tossed and turned until DH told me to gt up and read the last chapters or...more
Debbie
Refreshing! Not only was this a great story with lots of action, the author created realistic and likeable characters. With today’s trend of female main characters you can find all combinations of ditzy-hormone imbalanced-she Rambo with impaired relationship skills.
Summer and Tate make for an explosive team as Summer risks all to save her sister. The action never stops and there’s the added chemistry between the two to spice things up a bit and throw them off balance.
You are dragged through the...more
Gail
Very good. Could not put the book down.
Helen
This was a great story loved the suspense and the romance it grabbed right from the first page
Paula Clark
Enjoyable fast paced read - plenty of action with some suspense and romance thrown in :)
Lee
review to come. Loved this first installment in the Operation series
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Ela
Ela marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Jenni Shaw-olsen
Jenni Shaw-olsen marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Erna
Erna marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Juzz Brindley
Juzz Brindley marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Hanna Krivinchuk
Hanna Krivinchuk marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Nargis Sultana
Nargis Sultana marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Karlene lives on the Mid North Coast of NSW. She writes Romantic Suspense, New Adult, Fantasy and Rural Romance, contemporary fiction.
Currently working on Book two of Whiskey State of Mind. You can check it out book one,here-> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BW24W4A
More about Karlene Blakemore-Mowle...
Whiskey State of Mind (Whiskey Shots #1) Whisky On My Mind (Whisky Shots #2) Blindsided (Sentinel Securities, #1) Operation Swift Mercy (Operation, #3) Operation Willow Quest (Operation, #2)