Scarred (Cattle Valley, #18)

Scarred (Cattle Valley #18)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  681 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Book eighteen in the Cattle Valley Series

Zac Alben loved his life in Cattle Valley until he made the ultimate mistake and introduced his partner in life, Terry, to his on-the-job partner, Jakob. He hoped the two men would hit it off, but he had no idea the meeting would forever change his life.

Scarred and broken, Zac shows the facade of a man on the mend. He returns to wor

Published August 9th 2010 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Scarred, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scarred

Outing the Quarterback by Tara LainThe Raven King by Nora SakavicAaron by J.P. BarnabySlide by Garrett LeighCut & Run by Abigail Roux
Gay Romance Featuring a Scarred Main Character (MC)
53rd out of 186 books — 32 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeCrossing Borders by Z.A. MaxfieldPromises by Marie SextonZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFaith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels
Gay Uniforms
207th out of 230 books — 97 voters

More lists with this book...

Betryal
Ter
Great story Carol!!!! I just had to read this as soon as I got it.
Very interesting twists, and things we didn't know before. I really liked the ending. (Knowing it's not smooth sailing, but together they could conquer what ever came their way) great job
I sure hope you never get tired of writing about this town!! Cause we love to read about them. LOL!!

Can't wait till the next one, Kenny and Eli, and I hope Aaron gets a good one, he needs a nice strong one. (oh how about Sean O'Brien???) and Luk...more
Shell
Carol Lynne did an outstanding job with this book! It wasn't very long, at 94 pages and I found to be a wonderfully enjoyable read for a lazy evening. I'm not going to go into much detail about the story, because there were a few fairly big surprises throughout, that I think most readers would be better not knowing beforehand. One time particularly while reading it, I starred at my ereader in shock and had to go back and reread that paragraph a few times just to make sure I read it right and was...more
Serena Yates
I really liked this story about Zac, who has a lot of guilt and secrets to deal with, and Jakob, who loves him beyond reason but can't seem to come close.

The book deals with some very real and serious issues in a sensitive and compassionate way. There is a lot of depth to the characters' emotions and I loved following the twists of the plot as we slowly discover what is behind Zac's initially somewhat mysterious reticence. And is far more than the obvious!

If you like wounded/tortured characters...more
Lucy
I was a little leery to read this when it pretty much started with a threesome, but as the book progressed, i thought the way it dealt with this mental illness was realistic and fair. There were no easy answers and no magic fix, but it did show how such an illness can be dealt with, in order to have quality of life. I liked too that Jakob wasnt perfect, since in real life, no one is. A great addition to Cattle Valley.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Poor Zac my heart went out to him. And I thought Ms Lynne dealt with his illness with great compassion.
And Jakob was a real sweetheart, even if I did have issues with how their relationship started, but that's just me!
Gwengwel
Tasha
Zac is healing from a horrible accident that has left him disfigured. Not only that, but he blames the man he is in love with, Jakob, for what happened to him. Even though he blames Jakob he's still in love with him and cannot stop thinking of him.

The two of them eventually find their way back to each other and make a go of the relationship. They had a rocky beginning because at the time Zac was already in a relationship and Jakob was a third they occasionally invited into their bedroom.

The stor...more
Melissa
Zac and Jakob... oh how I love them!

We begin this book after Zac has been treated for his face from the last book. He is really scarred and has a lot of emotional issues to deal with.

There is so much to take in with this book, it could quite possibly be the best book in this series... I know I've said that about a lot of books so far but I really loved the faith and love that Jakob showed toward Zac and how once he finally got through some of his issues, Zac gave Jakob a chance.

The emotional de...more
Vicki Thompson
Wow! There have been several nice, dramatic books here... I love them!
Donna
This started out so sad, and just about broke my heart, but thoroughly enjoyed it
Kristine Cassan
This is one of my favorites in the series. Very well written, especially trying to explain depression in words the readers understand and feel. Kudos!!
Shelby P
I really didn't care for Zac in this one. And I figured out his secret earlier on. Jakob was wonderful though. I did enjoy the plot and therefore 3 stars but the book did drag for me towards the end.
Cheryl
This one is my all time favorite of the series!!
Eyre
Lynne deals with a couple of sensitive subjects in this one, and she does a fabulous job. I was surprised by a revelation that Zac made, and I thought that it was a clever twist to add in.
Brenda (b)
I thought this was a terrific story. Zac's feelings were realistic and I could understand what he was going through. Jakob was so loving and tried his best to be supportive.
Traci
Jul 23, 2013 Traci rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Zac and Jackob, great original story. A story that delved into the mental health arena. I do not want to say a lot due to giving away the story. You will not be disappointed...
Amber
This book made me sad and happy at the same time ... I still loved it though I am addicted to the CV series .. :)
Lily
I really enjoyed reading this story from the Cattle Valley series.
Gigi
Ah, a nice hurt/comfort one-off. Just what I needed. :)
Sayuri_x
Best installment of this series for a LONG time.
Jen
Jen added it
Sep 19, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
  • Fade to Black (Clear Water Creek Chronicles #3)
  • Texas Twist (Texas Soul, #3)
  • Angel Kin (His Guardian Angels, #3)
  • Jessup (Wylde Boys, # 1)
  • Imlay's Cure (Lady Blue Crew, #3)
  • 3
  • Kinky Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies, #3)
  • Vencentio (Resistant Omegas, #6)
  • Shades of Black (Fatefully Yours, #5)
  • The Wounds in the Walls

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...
All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1) Sweet Topping (Cattle Valley, #3) Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7) Rough Ride (Cattle Valley, #4) Coach (Campus Cravings, #1)