Sunset Hearts (The American Heroes Collection)

Sunset Hearts (American Heroes Collection)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  254 ratings  ·  21 reviews
After witnessing a mob hit and learning she'd die next, Daphne Peres chose to escape her boyfriend by jumping into the stormy Gulf of Mexico. She didn't count on being rescued by hunky fishing guide Alan Walker. Lucky for her, his equally hunky boyfriend, Jerald Carter, is a Florida Marine Patrol officer. Living in hiding with easy-going Alan and intensely passionate Jeral...more
Published June 11th 2010 by Siren-BookStrand

To ask other readers questions about Sunset Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunset Hearts

Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
This was a pretty good erotic menage story. Daphne is dating a mobster. She sees him kill someone and over hears him planning to kill her. So, she slips overboard and swims to shore. Alan finds her when he's out fishing and decides to help her. Jerald, Alan's boyfriend, isn't too happy with that.

Over time, they fall in love with each other. When Daphne's life is threatened, Jerlad sends her into protective custody and everything falls apart.

I really liked this story. Alan's motivation behind he...more
toofondofbooks
This book was bounced around from 5 stars to 2 stars depending where I was. It seems like it took me forever to read it. I liked the way it started, and was intrigued by the plot. Then, after the 3 finally got together, it seemed to drag for a few chapters. Near the end, I got mad at the characters for TOTAL LACK OF COMMUNICATION!!! GRRRR. Drives me crazy when that happens in books. Also, I didn't like how the conflict with the mob boyfriend got swept under the rug. I would have liked to see (vi...more
Brandy
May 05, 2012 Brandy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
This stands out to me as a book that shows the importance and development of each relationship within the threesome. Each man clearly loved each other and had a believable path to love with the heroine too. I frequently find myself frustrated with MMF stories where the guys feel solid but the woman feels like a tagalong or where one guy seems much more interested in a third than the other, but I didn't have any of those feelings when reading this one.
Judith
An incredibly emotional book about two men involved in the boating industry off the Florida Gulf Coast and who find a girl nearly dead, floating in the water. Their relationship is of two years duration so far, and while they both love each other dearly, Jerold still struggles with the full ramifications of "coming out" and now add in this "stranger" that his partner Alan insists on helping. When they find out that she is running for her life from a crime family, their finer instincts kick in--a...more
Elle
in between 2.5-3. I liked it :) Here is the description of it.

After witnessing a mob hit and learning she d die next, Daphne Peres chose to escape her boyfriend by jumping into the stormy Gulf of Mexico. She didn t count on being rescued by hunky fishing guide Alan Walker. Lucky for her, his equally hunky boyfriend, Jerald Carter, is a Florida Marine Patrol officer. Living in hiding with easy-going Alan and intensely passionate Jerald is no sacrifice, especially when faced with the alternative...more
Angel Hatfield
Not Bad

Overall this wasn't a bad story. Unfortunately I felt the authors crammed a whole lot of story and not enough with the characters. I found that I was hurrying just to get the story finished and not because I couldn't put out down.
Kazza
This was just what I was looking for.

If you enjoy -

- a decent storyline

- something sweet with an edge

- something with a bit of emotion or angst

- an erotic menage, complete with M/M as well as M/F/M

- engaging characters, who have their moments

- a HEA

Then Sunset Hearts certainly qualifies on all counts. It was pure fun and sexiness. Can't go wrong with that. Really enjoyed it. I know this was 'penned' as Macy Largo but I normally read, and enjoy, Tymber Dalton. Anyway no matter the name on the b...more
Jimmy Hanson
I loved this novel at first, especially the 'courting' stages. Both men, deep down, are incredibly kind and sweet, even if it takes Jerald a while to come around.

By the turn of the novel when they are separated, the glow started to wear off. Daphne's continuous crying got on my nerves, and when Jerald and Alan completely switched personalities it became too unrealistic. Add in how often the MEN started crying ... and it just lost all the brownie points it had gotten in the beginning.

A funny quir...more
Mspink
There is no mistaking the "voice" of Tymber Dalton here. This had such a lovely "love slave for two" feel to it. It was a delicious story and incredibly emotional. Two hunky men taking care of the beautiful female. All strong characters but willing to expose their weaknesses too. It was heart wrenching at times when they were apart. But all in all it was a wonderful read. Don't miss it!! If you love TD's books, you will inevitably love this one!!
Annie

I wanted to like it more than I did, but I just didnt. It was a good book with a good story line. I really dont know what it was missing. I think it was just me.

The book took place over several months, but all three of them fell into a relationship together quick. I wasnt feeling the vibes between them at all. I love between Jerald and Alan was obvious, but not so much with Daphne. The heroine was not TSTL, but I didnt like her. *shrugs*.
Shelly
Not gonna go over summary.

If you've not read this one by Dalton, I would definitely recommend it.

I really liked this book a lot. I wanted to love it. But, my dang memory starts to kick in as I'm happily reading and I'm like HEY - Haven't I read this before? Sure enough, the storyline is relatively similar to the author's 'Love Slave' series and her 'Stoneface' novel. I guess that's bound to happen sometime.

Happy reading!
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
While this one was a good read, I did not enjoy it quite as much as the other book, Dead Moon Rising....while in most of these book/stories you have to suspend belief a bit at how quickly things happen...this one for some reason was harder for me. All in all a good solid read but not necessarily a re-read...
Obsessed with book smex
I absolutely loved this story! I found it to be emotionally intense in places, but not enough to drive me away. The triad's reunion at the climax of the story brought a smile to my face. I'm looking forward to more from this author.
Plainbrownwrapper
For some reason, this is one of my favorite mmf stories. I was not at all surprised when I found out that "Macy Largo" is a pen name for Tymber Dalton, since she's my favorite mmf author. There's lots of good emotion throughout the book.
Tia
I loved the book, thought it had all the needed emotions involved and the happy ending had me tearing up. One of the best in it's category that I've read lately.
April
Super sexy read! Great story with plenty of drama. Love the steamy scenes and the hot manlove! Can't wait to see more of this author!!
Sandra
a really great read. Hot sex scenes, a little bit of action and so emotional. :) A must-read.
Sara
Ah, loved it. It had everything, sexy men, hot sex, upheaval, more hot sex and HEA... ah so good
Melanie♥
Marsha Campassi
Marsha Campassi marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Northman
Northman marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Sofia Câmara
Sofia Câmara marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
  • Stoneface
  • Love Under Two Gunslingers
  • Kansas Heat
  • The Glass Knot
  • Good Horses, Fast Cars and Real Men
  • Necklace of Shame
  • Two to Love (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #2)
  • Appassionato (Dream Marked #1)
  • Delilah's Downfall (Texas Temptations, #2)
  • Angelique (Orchidea: Love on the Bayou, #1)
Dead Moon Rising