Роня, дъщерята на разбойника

Роня, дъщерята на разбойника

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  10,783 ratings  ·  327 reviews
В сърцето на девствена гора, пълна със странни и страшни вълшебни същества, се извисява старинен замък. Тук се ражда и пораства Роня, дъщерята на разбойническия главатар Матис. Тук я среща Бирк, синът на друг разбойнически водач. Двамата заедно ще преживеят необикновени приключения, за каквито едно дете само може да мечтае.
Published January 1986 by Народна младеж (first published 1981)

S.
My favourite character has been Lovis ever since I was small: The matriarch, the witty conscience, the passionate firebrand, the warmth giver...and by the stars, is she sexy!

The latter was a conclusion I drew much later, incidentally.

I am ever wary of calling a book 'important'; so many book covers screech it at me hysterically from their shelves in the shop, so many are woefully aimed on cumulative till-dinging.

But this book is. Very important.

Because it not only manages to be utterly exciting,...more
Sparrow
Dec 23, 2011 Sparrow rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Madeleine L'Engle fans
Recommended to Sparrow by: Heather Svensson
This was probably my favorite book I read in 2011. My friend gave it to me last year or the year before, and I always take a while to get to books that people have given me. I have to warm up to the concept of the book and get used to the cover and think about what mood would be the best for a read. I’m glad I waited so long to read it because the time/place for the read was perfect. I just enjoyed the hell out of this story. A lot of elements of the story hit my favorite things, and I loved its...more
Manny
There's this thing that happens to some children's authors who become too successful. They realise that every kid grows up reading their books, and they gradually start to feel that they ought to be, you know, telling them something important rather than just entertaining them...

So in this case we have Astrid Lindgren, who'd already written Pippi Långstrump, Emil I Lönneberga, Karlsson På Taket and several other timeless masterpieces. These books are as light as air, and any message they're impa...more
Holly
When I had finished the previous book, a book translated from Swedish, J handed me this book, another book from Sweden. I was not familiar with the author until I saw she had written Pippi Longstocking - and of course I had heard of Pipi, even though I had never read any of her adventures.

I had a great time with this book. Not only was it translated literature, but also kid lit, which I adore. The author made you really love the world in which Ronia is growing up - you could practically hear the...more
Constanze
Jan 02, 2008 Constanze rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fathers, mothers, children (grown-up children, too)
This has been one of my favourite books ever since I first read it at around eight years of age. I hadn't re-read it in at least five years, though, and was amazed at all its subtleties: it deals gently, but without pretense, with themes of gender, politics, death, and above all growing up -- the bond between parents and children, the difficulties of letting go, and of becoming your own person. At the same time, it is a very enjoyable story of adventure and exploration; it has fantasy elements a...more
Marylin Haidri
So if I ever have a daughter, I may name her Ronia in hopes that the child will be even half as plucky, wild, and big-hearted as the heroine of this book. Set in the cold and lonesome woods of Scandinavia somewhere, two robber families feud in a sort of viking version of the Capulets and Montagues. From these families come our our fierce little Ronia and kind red-headed Birk, meant to be sworn enemies but instead become sworn brother and sister. Their loyalty to each other in the face of parenta...more
Jan
How I adored Ronja when I was a little kid. Tough, stubborn and so very, very cool (though I didn't use that word yet back then I believe).

And what a magical world she lived in! How I longed to be there, scary as it sometimes was!

Definitely one of my all-time favorites, and recommended for head-strong girls everywhere.
Cheryl in CC NV
I'm glad that the issue of robbery is discussed, but the acts of it aren't. Some of the developments are a bit facile, but probably a child wouldn't notice or care. The themes of loyalty, friendship, and family, as well as of courage and growth, are so satisfying that I think this book would be on many children's favorite shelf.

I liked how it wasn't quite a fantasy/ fairy tale, but actually felt like it was something that could have happened not too long ago, not too far away. I also liked the...more
Desiree
i have been saying "woffer dun do dat" my whole life. i adore this book. just incredible. pippi is wonderful but this story is so moving and so well-written and fascinating... it far surpasses pippi. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Armina
May 26, 2014 Armina rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Armina by: زهرای عزیز
چرا انقدر دوستش داشتم؟ واقعاً دوست داشتنی بود. تو داستانِ ملکه ی برفیِ هانس کریستین اندرسن هم یه دختر راهزن بود که به خواهره کمک کرد تا بره قطب شمال که برادرش رو نجات بده. اون خیلی دخترِ باحالی بود. واسه همین این کتابم وقتی زهرا اسمشو بهم گفت کلّی ذوق کردم و کلّی دلم خواست بخونمش. واقعاً محشر بود و جای شکی باقی نمیذاشت که خانمِ نویسنده حداقل سه چهارم عمرش رو در دامن طبیعت زندگی کرده. :}
این مکالمه هم عالی بود:

« نودِل-پت پرسید: اسمش را چه می خواهید بگذارید؟
لوویس گفت: رونیا. خیلی وقت پیش تصمیمش را...more
Alexis Neal
Another classic from my childhood. Lindgren is a very capable Swedish author (best known for Pippi Longstocking and Mio, My Son), and this book is a great example. Lindgren presents the life of a robber's daughter quite compellingly--the day to day pleasures of life in and around the woods are told in vivid detail; the reality of robbing and other adult concerns are only vaguely addressed. In that sense, it is very like a child's view of life. Ronia, the title character, is spunky and courageous...more
Halfempty
Best book ever! Oh, and the picture on the cover...Ronia is so hot! She's how I imagined myself to be in my ten-year-old dreams.

On a dark and stormy night, a huge bolt of lightning shot down from the sky and SPLIT Matt's Fort in two. That was the night that robber Matt's daughter, Ronia, was born. But that same night, another baby was born...Birk, son of Matt's robber rival, Borka. When Borka moves his band of robbers into the other side of Matt's fort, on the other side of the chasm caused by...more
Misti
I love this book! I've loved it ever since I read it as a child. The characters are great and the harpies scared me when I was young. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a great, feelgood read.

ETA: I re-read this book in September 2012 after many years of not having read it. I still love it. Yes, as I'm much older now, it seems very simplistic, but it is a children's book. I love the robber's forest and can't help but think there is a whole world there that we only get to see a lit...more
Amanda
My German roommate first recommended this to me, and before I knew it she gave a copy to me as a gift. Noora my Finland friend later on also recommended this book, so I assumed it must be a classic for children in Europe.

I am not disappointed. I love all the characters: the no-nonsense of Lovis, the childlike qualities of Matt and all the other robbers. Every aspect of the book is pretty much just-right. It is light and funny but also has serious parts. Very well-balanced, I should say.
Chris
Pippi Longstockingget all the attention, but this book is better. While Pippi is wonderful, Ronia is real, and any girl can easily see herself as her. It is a wonderful story with a little more emotion than Pippi.
Jamie
This is a book I would have loved had I read it when I was Ronia's age. 6th grade, on the cusp of puberty, I got into a lot of arguments with my father that made me wish I could run away and live in a Bear's Cave with a hot red-headed dude too.

But reading it as a 24-year-old woman is a slightly different perspective. I read this from two points of view that helped me to appreciate the story and the writing a bit more than if I was reading this merely as an adult female with no particular lens....more
Emilia
Olen lukenut kolme Lindgrenin kirjaa ("Ronja Ryövärintytär", "Mio, poikani Mio", ja "Veljeni Leijonamieli"), joistan tämän sekä suomeksi, että ruotsiksi. Tästä myös pidin eniten, sillä toisin kuin kahdessa muussa yllämainitussa, tässä puuttui mustavalkoisuus-aspekti lähes tyystin. Ei ollut kaameaa pahista (kuten Mion "Kato" tai Leijonamielen "Tengil", jotka ovat niin pahoja kuin olla voi), ja hyviksetkin olivat ryöväreitä. Ronja tosin kieltäytyy jatkamasta isänsä ammattia, mutta isä ei silti ole...more
Iida
Feb 08, 2008 Iida rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves that pang of nostalgia every now and then
Shelves: five-stars
I've always loved Astrid Lindgren's books (being Finnish, I've always been reading them), and my ultimate favourite is Ronia, the Robber's Daughter. My mother read it to me when I was six, and a few years later I read it myself. Now, I return to it every now and then, for I absolutely love the warmth of Lindgren's storytelling.

Ronia's story is one of love, friendship, growing up, relationships between children and parents. The nature in the book is wonderful; the charming, frightening creatures...more
Indah W
Oohh ooohh.. I lovee Ronyaa!!

Ini buku Astrid Lindgren kesayangan guaa!! My most fave book of her!!

Cintaa bangets dhe ama Ronya and nih buku udah gua baca berkali2, huahaha.. padahal biasanya gua tipe yang males baca ulang buku, karena kadang gua lebih mengejar kuantitas, hihihi, sayang khan kalo waktu dibuang untuk baca buku yang samaa :p

Tapii.. buat Ronya maahh gua rela dhee!!

Ini ceritanya bagus bangetss!!

And abis baca buku ini, gua jadi pengen hidup di hutan, wakakakakak ^o^

One of the best thi...more
Linda
I didn't read this book until I read it aloud to my kids. Thank God they loved to hear me read! I am much the better for having met Ronia. Yes, I do love children's literature but this book stands head and tails above most. If you want to read one Astrid Lindgren book* skip the Pippi and read this one. Ronia is a true heroine: brave and strong, loyal to friends, accepting of her parents's shortcomings. She lives her own life and is not confined by the world of the adults around her which (as in...more
Kayli
The perfect story. Really-- there are no flaws with this book. Every character, every scene, every feeling is absolutely right. I love Ronia. I love Birk. I love Matt and Lovis and Noddle-Pete and everyone. This book made me laugh out loud and even brought tears to my eye. I love the adventure and the cockiness and the love and the, well, everything! I'm so so glad I bought it for my daughter for Christmas. She loves it too. So, if you have a child aged 5-12, buy this book and read it to them. I...more
Viktoria
Wohl eine der bekanntesten Figuren der Kinderliteratur hat Astrid Lindgren mit Ronja erschaffen. Die Geschichte ist spannend und bleibt es auch, wenn man das Buch schon mal gelesen und die wirklich sehr gute Verfilmung gesehen hat.
Wundervolle Frauenfiguren, nicht nur Ronja, die sich gegen ihren Vater auflehnt - er ist hier derjenige, der sich entwickeln und etwas lernen muss, bevor Ronja zu ihm zurückkehrt. Sonder vor allem Lovis ist eine spannende Frau, von der ich sogar gern mehr erfahren möc...more
Mihail Kostov
Астрид Линдгрен е доказателство, че детските книги могат да бъдат по-стойностни и по-зрели от тази, които се четат от „порасналите“. Тя се осмелява да разглежда теми като съзряването и смъртта, а в случая, макар никъде да не се споменава направо, става въпрос за брака и най-вече за компромисите и жертвите, които хората трябва да правят.
Въпреки това, книгата не ме впечатли толкова, колкото „Братята с лъвски сърца“ и моят фаворит „Емил от Льонеберия“
Fe.anggita
This my first book.

I read it when i was six, and this was the time when i knew i loved reading.

The way Astrid Lindgren drove my imagination, through jungle and robbers really excite me. And I fell in love with the world of books,,with jungle surround me and a robber and a new meaning of friendship that based on difference.

This book is based my knowledge and moral as a little girl..
This book woke up my imagination..
Margarita
I simply loved it. When I was 6, my big, black-whiskered, black-haired, brown-eyed father used to read it to me in the evenings and I did feel like a Robber's daughter. Ronia's world is marvellous, full of adventures and of love too. I read it again in German translation. It hasn't lost its charm. The hard cover of the German edition is really nice and I'm very happy with it in my library to read and reread.
Stine Kristin
I love this book because it's so complex (in a kid's literature sense); the relationship between Ronja and Birk and their ambivalence towards each other and the relationship between their families, not to mention Ronja's and Birk's relationship to their families. It's so clever and well-written and presents a great understanding of children and how to present and explain these dilemmas for them. This is what I like most about Scandinavian children's literature; it's intelligent and complex in su...more
Masha
Apr 17, 2009 Masha rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: rebel girls
Recommended to Masha by: pippi longstocking
This book contains a very tender scene of robber children combing each other for lice. A prelude to love. Also where I learned about harpies, probably my closest relations. In addition, provides me with one of my favorite, all-purpose and timeless quotes: "Woffor did 'un do that?" Thanks, rumphobs.

Not to be missed.
Emily
I picked this book up at a guest house in Kenya last week and ended up reading it in two days. I loved it! It was magical, adventurous, and fun - everything a book should be.
(It wasn't until after I finished the book that I realized the author also wrote Pippi Longstockings...I knew his name sounded familiar!)
Eva
Buku favorit gue sebenernya bukan Harry Potter, meskipun nyaris mendekati posisi top. Tapi buku favorit gue adalah Ronya Si Anak Penyamun, novel yang begitu gue cintai sampe bisa dibaca dimanapun sampe di WC sekalipun!

Pertama kali dapet ini dari bokap yang ngasih hadiah novel pas jalan2 ke pesta diskon buku di Gramedia. Dan itu udah lamaaa banget, jaman belom ada internet, jaman masih jilat perangko dan pergi ke kantor pos kalo mau berkirim pesan. Jaman nulis buku harian kalo pengin ngeblog.

Dar...more
Raven
Buku seharga sepuluhribu rupiah!

Dengan modal sepuluh ribu dapat petualangan seru, hubungan persahabatan dan ayah-anak yang mengharu biru, kisah moral yang berharga, musim2 semi yang indah, tawa riang, dan air mata bahagia! XD Kurang apa lagi coba?

*iklan banget*

NB: saya tidak jualan
What's The Name o...: children's book- wild forest girl [s] 4 38 Nov 20, 2012 09:32AM
  • Die kleine Hexe
  • Jim Knopf und die Wilde 13
  • Oh, wie schön ist Panama
  • Moominsummer Madness (The Moomins, #5)
  • Das doppelte Lottchen
  • Pancakes for Findus (Findus and Pettson) (Findus & Pettson)
  • Die rote Zora und ihre Bande
  • Minoes
  • ...och de vita skuggorna i skogen (Skuggserien, #2)
  • Karius und Baktus
Astrid Anna Emilia Lindgren, née Ericsson, was a Swedish children's book author and screenwriter, whose many titles were translated into 85 languages and published in more than 100 countries. She has sold roughly 145 million copies worldwide. Today, she is most remembered for writing the Pippi Longstocking books, as well as Karlsson-on-the-Roof book series.
More about Astrid Lindgren...
Pippi Longstocking The Brothers Lionheart Pippi in the South Seas Karlson on the Roof Pippi Goes on Board

“- Събирам лятото в себе си, тъй както дивите пчели събират мед - рече тя. - Събирам една голяма пита лято, от която да черпя живот, когато то вече е свършило. Знаеш ли какво има в нея?
И заразказва на Бирк.
- Това е неповторима пита, поела в себе си изгреви и боровинкови храсти, вътре са и луничките от твоите ръце, и лунната светлина, огряла вечер потока, и звездното небе, и гората в пладнешката жега, когато слънцето напича боровете, и ситният вечерен дъждец, и други такива работи, и катерички, лисици, зайци и елени, и всички диви коне, които познаваме, и плуването, и ездата в гората, да, виждаш ли - истинска пита, сбрала цялото лято!”
8 likes