Start by marking “Matchmakers, The” as Want to Read:
Matchmakers, The

Matchmakers, The

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  1,065 ratings  ·  62 reviews
Single mom Dori Robertson is suddenly under pressure to find a new father for her eleven-year-old son. And he’s already chosen the guy – former pro-football player Gavin Parker. As it turns out, Gavin’s daughter wants her dad to marry again, too. When the kids join forces, Gavin suggests he and Dori start dating, just to satisfy the kids. Dori figures it’s safe enough…unti ...more
Audio CD
Published April 6th 2011 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Matchmakers, The, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Matchmakers, The

Cris
Ai que alivio ler um livrinho com uma historia gostosa e que não abusa da nossa inteligência!
A mocinha, Dori, é viúva e mãe de um menino de 11 anos, o Dani, que esta doido para ter um novo pai, e tem um plano para conseguir isso. Ele se alia à Melissa, filha de Gavin e os dois armam todas para unir os pais.
Gavin decide se aproveitar da situação e arma um acordo com Dori, o que ele quer é ter o melhor disso tudo sem se comprometer, mas a Dori não é uma mulherzinha sem espinha que aceita qualquer
Fernanda
digamos que é mais 2.5 estrelas
enfim, uma leitura, mais ou menos previsivel, a não despertar nenhum entusiasmo por ai alem.
nota-se que foi escrito a meio dos anos oitenta, em que socialmente certas "cenas" nao seriam obviamente bem vistas! (nada de cenas hot) :P

para quem aprecia um romance "aguinha com acuçar" é sem duvida uma leitura a considerar.
Debbie
While driving her son Danny to school, Dori Robertson never expected him to ask for a new daddy, but he did. Stunned, she forgot were she was and what she was doing. Getting a handle on things, she turned around without looking for traffic. Spilling his drink, Gavin Parker followed the driver that had cut him off. The women and her son seemed to be having problems of her own but that didn’t mean he would let the matter slide. Many different decisions made by Dori and Gavin kept putting them toge ...more
Glenda L
Single mom Dori Robertson is suddenly under pressure to find a new father for her eleven-year-old son. And he's already chosen the guy -- former pro-football player Gavin Parker. As it turns out, Gavin's daughter wants her dad to marry again, too. Whe the kids join forces, Gavin suggests he and Dori start dating, just to satisfy the kids. After that --- romance is in the air even though Gavin fights it to the bitter end.
Nancy Brady
Dori's son Danny wants a new dad. It has been five years since his father died and made Dori a widow. When he brings it up in the car, she almost gets in an accident. The driver of the other car, Gavin, follows her to her stop and really makes a scene.

Despite this, Gavin Parker is the dad he wants. Michelle, his daughter, wants the same thing...for her dad to re-marry and have a normal family life.

Gavin wants no part of marriage and warns Dori off falling in love with him. Yet both kids become
Aromas de Cor
Este romance é antigo, muito, a primeira versão é de 1986, e foi o primeiro de muitos que levou a autora ao sucesso que alcançou actualmente. Uma história doce, fofinha, sem perversidades, traições, dramas que estão associadas a muitas histórias de hoje em dia.

É uma leitura agradável para um fim de tarde. Uma mãe em apuros que se vê a braços com o seu filho pré-adolescente que lhe quer encontrar um namorado. Entre muitas peripécias, ele chega mesmo a colocar um anúncio de jornal para lhe encontr
Debbie Heaton
In Macomber’s romance novel, Dori Robertson and Gavin Parker are both single parents. Dori has a son and Gavin a daughter who are both eleven. When the children decide they want their parents to marry again, they hatch out a plan to pair Dori and Gavin together. In an attempt to appease the situation, the couple begins dating only to find stars in each other’s eyes.

A great story about children and their desire to be a family.
Anitha Anilkumar
Linda Yezak
Debbie Macomber can pump passion into a kiss like nobody else. The fireworks between single mom, Dori Robertson, and single dad/former pro- football player, Gavin Parker, threatened to set my car afire as I listened to the CD.

The only thing that bugged me in this novel was not having enough of Gavin's past revealed to explain why he was such an arrogant jerk at times. He issues the order, "Don't fall in love with me," does everything he can to make it happen, then gets mad at Dori when she does
crayolaab
I gave this book 3 stars instead of two primarily because it's a reprint - it was originally written in 1986 and was Debbie Macomber's first book. While the storyline is now probably fairly commonplace, it seems like it may have been somewhat more unique back when it was written. I found the characters a little bit more interesting than usual, although the usual stereotypes about men and women frequently appear. One aspect of Debbie Macomber's books that I do usually enjoy is the setting; she's ...more
Shari
this is a cute one.
Englishrose
I had this author recommended to me and thought I should go back and try one of her early books. I must say that I was surprised how much I really enjoyed this book. I don't read too many contemporary romances, but this one was really fun. The characters were humorous, especially the kids. The situations were well played out. I'll admit that I wished it was longer (it's only about 150 pages) but I probably would have finished it in one sitting no matter its length.

Shelley
Cute, easy read.
Micah
The romance tropes (matchmaking children, single mothers, jaded hero) are all heavily present, and the "Harlequin kisses" were strangely over-described, but the plot was solid and the pacing was perfect. A cute vintage Macomber novel - fun, fluffy, and satisfying
April Suter
Cute little story of how a single mom of a son almost runs her car into a hot single dad with a daughter. Son decides it is time for mom to find him a dad and talks to his new friend and she makes the same request. So the parents decide to create a sham to keep the kids at bay, but when you rate the kisses and each one gets a higher number, people involved may have to change their plans.

186 pages
Lea
Good story about two people who have an unlikely meeting and their children who feel they are destined to be a family. Danny's character annoyed me a little, but that may be because I don't have children. The ending wasn't as emotional on Gavin's part as I would have liked (which may have had to do with the way it was read on the book on tape). Overall another good story by Debbie!
Marta Pinto
Já li livros melhores da autora. Eu diria que é uma sessão da tarde literária, mas fraquinha, fraquinha.
'Chele
Even though I knew what is going to happen from the beginning, I still enjoyed this story! Debbie Macomber always makes me smile in the end. The football hero single dad (with a daughter) meets a single mom with a son. The son tells his mom that he want's a dad. The story goes from there.
Barbi
I loved all of the characters in this book. I was rooting for Dori and Gavin the whole time. I also loved the addition of Danny and Melissa, the 2 kids and how they teamed up to get their parents together. What a delightful read!
This was a very cute story, and for being written in 1986 not too dated. Well, except for the sweatband the woman wore on hear head while jogging!

It was a cute, clean story and held my attention while driving around Wisconsin today.
Tiffany
Cute, fun and I think clean story. I have only read 2 of Debbie Macomber novels and this one was kind of similair to the first with the kids trying to set them up but was cute and fun in it's own right. Was a quick read.
Amanda
I wish I could do half stars because this one would probably only rate a 2.5. It was predictable like a lot of her books, which I can kind of deal with, but this one just didn't have intersting enough characters or plot.
Shay
This was the first romance novel I ever read, and I've managed to keep it through eleven moves and enough years for a baby born the day I got the book to be legal to drink now .... So, yeah, I like it.
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
Cute story reminding me of parent trap in a way. Two kids working to bring their parents together. Ms. Macomber writes sweet contemporary. While easy to read also easy to forget.
Collyn
"But although she was with family and friends, she'd never felt more alone. She felt as if she'd lost a vital part of herself and she had - her heart."

pg# 177
Diana
i probably wasnt suppose to be radint this until i was a ittle older but i flipped through the pages and i just couldnt stop. it was a really goor book
Nicci
Just a quick fun summer read. Although the way the children characters are written they seem way older than the age written. A great quick read.
Jill Smith
This book was awful! An interesting premise - but so slow, unrealistic & poorly written! I will never read another book by Ms Macomber again!
Ratforce
Debbie Macomber writes contemporary romance novels, including The Matchmaker about a single woman whose plan to pretend dating a man goes awry.
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • The Sea Serpent and Me
  • What You Wish For
  • Q Is for Duck: An Alphabet Guessing Game
  • Bloodline (Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective, #2)
  • Old, New, Red, Blue! (Step into Reading) (Cars movie tie in)
  • Murder at the Academy Awards: A Red Carpet Murder Mystery
  • Dangerous Curves (NASCAR, #1)
  • A Picture Book of Abraham Lincoln (Picture Book Biography)
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Dinner at Mr. Jefferson's: Three Men, Five Great Wines, and the Evening that Changed America
  • A Little House Traveler: Writings from Laura Ingalls Wilder's Journeys Across America
  • Frog Goes to Dinner
  • Knit Two Together (Chicks with Sticks, #2)
  • Freestyle with Avery
  • Jump, Frog, Jump!
  • Moon River and Me: A Memoir
  • She Woke Up Married

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)

“But although she was with family and friends, she'd never felt more alone. She felt as if she'd lost a vital part of herself and she had - her heart.” 9 likes