Start by marking “Mann of My Dreams” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Mann of My Dreams

Tinnean

Mann of My Dreams (Spy vs. Spook original online fiction)

NOTE: MoMD has been removed by the author from her online site, pending publication. A revised series under the new title, Spy vs. Spook will be published by Dreamspinner, with the first novel, Houseboat on the Nile, available now.

What starts out as curiosity on the part of a senior special agent of the very covert Washington Bureau of Intelligence and Security becomes a s
Published (first published March 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Mann of My Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mann of My Dreams

Evenfall by Santino HassellSpecial Forces by Aleksandr VoinovMind Fuck by Manna FrancisAfterimage by Santino HassellThe God Eaters by Jesse Hajicek
M/M Novels That Are/Were Available Online
18th out of 287 books — 447 voters
Zero at the Bone by Jane SevilleWarrior's Cross by Madeleine UrbanMexican Heat by Laura BaumbachEvenfall by Santino HassellLuck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling
Best Gay Assassins and Spies
45th out of 179 books — 455 voters

More lists with this book...

ElaineY
I want so much to give this 5 stars because it has all the ingredients that I look for in an MM romantic suspense. Unfortunately, the Alternate 1st Person
POV was so so overdone I can't give it the 5 stars it would have easily had.

The book starts off with Mark's POV then the next chapter switches to Quinn's POV. The problem is that Quinn's POV includes almost the entire scene already covered in Mark's POV. Worse, some parts are repeated verbatim so you're taken through the entire scene all over
Vio
I have had Mann of My Dreams buried somewhere on my computer for a long time and I probably would never have read it if it wasn't for the published editions becoming available to buy this year, which I loved of course. You would have noticed by now I am hopelessly addicted and in love, and its all because of Mark and Quinn, they are to blame completely. They hooked me in from the start I was captivated and unable to free myself from their clutches, it was a useless fight and any initia
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Wow! What a ride! And a long one at that!

I absolutely loved this one. I got caught up in all the suspense and mystery and the suspicion from both characters in the beginning of their relationship.

Because this book is so long, it's obvious a lot happens during the novel. One of those things is seeing the multiply layers both Quinton Mann and Mark Vincent have. I found it fascinating the way they were portrayed from outsiders and secondary characters but then how they were so different with each
Eden Winters
Jan 17, 2011 Eden Winters rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What can I say about Mann of My Dreams, other than the fact that it totally blew me away? The heart-pounding action, the hot chemistry between our two heroes, each a star of competing organizations. From the very first paragraph this story grabbed me and wouldn't let go. There's also spin-offs, all fantastic. I cannot recommend this story highly enough. Bravo to Tinnean for creating characters so real that you could almost invite them to dinner.
Cori
Sep 15, 2011 Cori rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. 4.5 stars - the only thing I would have changed is that it seemed a bit unnecessary to go back and re-do an entire scene from the other character's POV. Instead, maybe do the chapter from alternating POVs. It seemed to get a bit redundant in the parts where the MCs were interacting and I found myself skimming quite a bit.

Other than that, though, the story was great, the secondary characters were such an amazing addition to the story, and the growth of each of the MC
Sonya
4.75 stars. If Mark had actually said the words "I love you Quinn" it would have been perfect. I loved that Mark's inner voice stopped snarking at him and he realized that Quinn wasn't playing him. Both characters were fantastic and I loved them. I'll be rereading this story often. The chemistry between the two was hot and the sex was so good. I also loved the music and movies mentioned throughout the story. I'll be updating my IPOD.
Lori K
May 19, 2011 Lori K rated it really liked it
Only thing that kept it from a solid 5 was the repetition.

Right up there with The Morning Star for free online fics!

Hellen
Snowtulip
Jan 20, 2011 Snowtulip rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
I am a sucker for epic stories with action, suspense, romance, and humor. This book has all of that. I love the relationship that develops between Quinn and Mark; the pace of that relationship is perfect. Even though it was a long story, I was very sad to see it end. At first I wasn't a fan of the POVs and replay of events, but I soon started to enjoy the way this was done and seeing the same event from a different view. So much so, that I missed Mark's POV at the end of the story. I enjoyed the ...more
LenaLena
Feb 18, 2011 LenaLena rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, free-reads
I liked this book, the sex was hot and stayed hot, but it was to hard to suspend my disbelief frequently. The trail of bodies left behind, competing intelligence agencies, fancy gadgets, all that.

Another thing that bugged me was the frequent references to Quinn being the Ice Man. Really? I don't think we ever see him being particularly icy. Did I miss that bit? Mostly he is just needy.

Lots of potential, needs better execution.
Ladypessi
Nov 12, 2010 Ladypessi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love, m-m, online-story
Camilla
Jun 02, 2011 Camilla rated it really liked it
Shelves: pdf, online-reads

Cant believe I made it through this.. Feels like I've done nothing else but read for a week non-stop.. Hmmm.. Maybe I have..

This is a free online read about Mark and Quinn.. Two guys on opposite teams so-to-speak.. Well, at least work wise..

Even though I didnt really like the changing POV's and the fact that we had to read the same scenes over and over again, I really loved these two together. I loved how it started out a game for them, how they tried to mindfuck the other one as much as possibl
Lady*M
Nov 21, 2013 Lady*M rated it did not like it
I struggled through the third of the story and I just couldn't go on. This is extremely rare for me. The repetitions irritated me and I just couldn't suspend my belief enough to believe that these two protagonists were intelligent, capable super agents. Maybe, I'll try to reread this story later but for now, I'm abandoning it. DNF.
ED
Mar 05, 2011 ED rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved it... It actually deserves 5 stars, but I had to reign myself in a bit. It is to long. POV's are my favorites, but scenes that are repeated could be condensed. It is more important to get a second opinion of an emotion of a scene. There is no need to replay the whole section a second time step by step.
The book has the potential to be in the top 10 of m/m readers, but would need editing... cutting unnecessary scenes etc.
I would say that there is enough material that could be us
Tamela
Six Stars. That is what I'd give this if I could. I actually was disappointed when I saw ~END~ at the bottom of the screen because there was no more Quinn & Mark.

I highly recommend this free read to anyone who wants to read a good love story or a good spy story. But when they are put together, as they are in Mann of My Dreams, they are truly amazing.

I loved the plots, the intrigue, ALL the characters and all I can say is I want more, More, MORE!!!!

To find this fantastic story click here....
TracyMN
Apr 17, 2012 TracyMN rated it it was amazing
These are my favorite Tinnean characters, also part of a small group I love so much I couldn't bear to choose between them.

It's all here, in the form and fashion that is pure Tinn. Wit, dialogue, and "love-in-spite-of", in perfect measure; I read this book as a serial, the elements conspiring to the peculiar pleasure that is, at heart, desire for more forestalling its own end.

If I knew anything about writing, I'd call it her best work to date.

Tracy
Holly
May 02, 2011 Holly rated it it was amazing
I really liked this story. In it we meet Quinn, CIA and Mark, WBIS. Mark gets curious about Quinn after they first meet and starts digging into his background and trying to find out more about him. Quinn finds out that Mark has a file on him but doesn't know why, that being so he decides to take action to find out. This leads to very, very interesting story, sexy and intriguing.

I was sad to see it end.
Chance
Jan 17, 2011 Chance rated it it was amazing
I really really love this story. I think I re-read this story like for 5-6 times till I realize there are some minor mistake that can be ignore which I don't even realize on the first read. Ha ha. This must be because I read too many time. And this is the first time I go read a book for so many time and I never get bored.
DL
Apr 05, 2012 DL rated it really liked it
I read this back before I bothered listing any of my books. I remember being irritated by the changing POV the first time I read it but then I succumbed to the books charm, to Tinnean's voice and the book became one of my few re-reads. It is one that I pretty much smile the whole way through.
Boyboygirllove
I honestly love this book...BUT...my ADD kicked in and I kept getting distracted by other (shorter) books. It is definitely worth the read and I hope one day to go back an finish the last 40% of the book:)
Lynnebaby
Jan 05, 2011 Lynnebaby rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Fun story with great characters and conflicts. Divided into episodic chapters which make it easier to break for a snack or real life once in a while. A lot of fun to read and re-read.
Miriki
4.5

Quite an interesting read. Although there was some repetitive in the first few chapters because there were 2 POVs in first person from both main characters.
Marsha Spence
Jan 01, 2013 Marsha Spence marked it as dnf
I tried. I really did but just couldn't get into it. I think I'll try it again after editing and publishing.
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
Nov 14, 2011 ♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) marked it as to-read
I want to read this but they took it down pending publishing. :(
Edina Rose
Dec 17, 2010 Edina Rose rated it liked it
Good book, good plot, but it could have been more clever.
Nic
No longer available online. See Spook vs Spy series.
Zaa
Aug 04, 2011 Zaa rated it really liked it
4,5/5 - Thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommend.
inume27
Apr 25, 2012 inume27 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm
Reread the WHOLE thing... just awesome!
Jill
  • Indulgence
  • Traveling Blind
  • Underlying
  • Desert Dropping
  • The Morning Star (Shadow of the Templar, #1)
  • Second Wind
  • The Slayer's Apprentice
  • London Calling
  • Esperanza
  • The Introspective Debate of Owen Brody
  • Art Criticism
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
  • Death by Misfortune (Bill Turner, #2)
  • The Cross of Sins (Fathom's Five, #1)
  • The Administration (The Administration, #1-7)
  • The Geography Of Murder (Geography of Murder, #1)

Spy vs. Spook (4 books)
  • The Start of a Beautiful Friendship (Spy Vs. Spook #0.5)
  • Houseboat on the Nile (Spy vs. Spook, #1)
  • Not My Spook! (Spy vs. Spook, #2)
  • Forever  (Spy vs. Spook, #3)