Start by marking “Lost Girls (Sherry Moore, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lost Girls (Sherry Moore, #3)

Lost Girls (Sherry Moore #3)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  191 ratings  ·  37 reviews
George D. Shuman returns! In his eagerly anticipated new thriller, blind psychic Sherry Moore combs the Caribbean to find the murderous kingpin of a human trafficking network and finds that she must confront a man who shares her talent for seeing the final moments of a dead body's life.
Published (first published September 16th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Lost Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Girls

Katy
Please note: This review written and posted 10/2/2008, after reading a copy of the book I received from the Amazon Vine program in exchange for an honest review. Another thing you should know: this was the second book in this series I had read, and I absolutely loved the other one I read (book 4, Second Sight), so consider, when deciding yay or nay on this series, that at least one of the other books in the series was good enough that I'm willing to overlook the problems in this one and put the ...more
Goldenwattle
Lately I have read several books with women being commodities and it's becoming annoying. This was another. Actually this was the worst of the examples, at least in the horror perpetuated. It was not the most effective though. Another book I read recently with females being used and abused by males made me angry and want to punish someone. This book in contrast just bored me. The writing needed a severe edit. I skimmed large sections. In the final part of the book Sherry became simplistic and na ...more
Novel Destination
The author undertook some very tough issues----human trafficking, drug trade, political corruption, behind the scenes power brokers and also voodoo in this book. I commend Mr. Shuman. I really picked this book up because of the premise that a blind woman (Sherry Moore) could intuit or "see" the last thoughts a person had at their death. Sherry Moore holds the cadaver's hand and sees images that can then be utilized to find the killers or, perhaps, save others. The work is tiring and difficult. S ...more
Moriah Barach
Didn't really care for Shuman's writing style. Subject matter was very intense. Wouldn't recommend it.
Paul Pessolano
This is a Sherry Moore novel, and for those of you who do not know Sherry Moore, let me give you a brief resume.

Sherry Moore is blind but has the ability to touch a dead person's hand and relive the last 18 seconds of their lives. The first Sherry Moore novel was called "18 Seconds".

In "Lost Girls" Sherry is drawn into a mystery that stretches from the Russian states to the Caribbean. She has to deal with the dregs of society that are trafficking in drugs and prostitution.

Jill Bishop is a young
Denise
4.0 out of 5 stars Wow -- this one was really good!, October 10, 2008

This review is from: Lost Girls: A Sherry Moore Novel (Hardcover)

I really liked this one. I had been so disappointed by Last Breath - so I was afraid to even try it. The story was really interesting. The background info about Haiti and the corruption and crime there was fascinating. The plot regarding the kidnapped girls for the sex trade was very well written. Funny though, Sherry was really not the focus of the book and that
Rich Stoehr
Lost Girls is a hard look at human trafficking, sex tourism, voodoo, and slavery. What it is not is what it says on the cover - it's not a Sherry Moore novel.

It's a serious subject that George Shuman tackles in Lost Girls, and a subject worth looking at. It's modern-day slavery at its absolute worst and something that is largely ignored today. It is a sad and shameful truth of the modern world, that the buying and selling of women as property goes on unpunished. It's a tale worth telling well, i
Shonna Froebel
This is the third book in the series featuring Sherry Moore. Sherry Moore is blind and has a special skill. When she holds the hand of a dead body, she can see what was going through their mind just before they died.
Here, she is asked to hold the hand of a dead man who died while coming down from Mount Denali during a storm. The hope is that what she sees will lead them to the other members of his party. She does see information that helps the searchers, but she also sees something that she can'
Glenda Bixler
Lost Girls: A Sherry Moore Novel
By George D. Shuman
Simon & Schuster
ISBN: 978-1-4165-5301-4
244 Pages

Lost Girls by George D. Shuman is one of those books you hate to love! The storyline of human trafficking is horrendous; however, the story created surrounding the topic is an exciting, fast-paced thriller that takes you from the cliffs of Mount McKinley to the jungles of Haiti! Shuman is a 20-year veteran of the Washington D. C., Metropolitan Police Department and he writes with the fascinatin
Christine
Third book about Sherry Moore, the psychic who, by touching the hand of a deceased person, can “see” the last 18 seconds of that persons thoughts. This ability leads her to the top of a mountain in Alaska to try and help a group of stranded mountain climbers. What she sees however, is far more sinister than she expects and leads Ms. Moore and the reader from the deep freeze of Alaska to the tropical heat of Haiti, and right into an inside view of human trafficking. I thought this was a difficult ...more
εlﻨբ ツ
Normalde sevdiğim bir seriydi ama bu kitap için aynı şeyi diyemeyeceğim. Çok havada kalmış bazı yerler. Vur-kaç yapar gibi konulara fazla değinilmeden olayın sonu getirildi. Eğer bütün kahramanlara -en azından tatmin edici- yer verilseydi kitap bir bu kadar daha kalın olurdu. Üzülerek söylüyorum ki fazla beğenmedim.

İlk başta mahsur kalan dağcıları okuyoruz. Neyse Sherrry devreye giriyor tabi. Sonra hoop Haiti'de insan kaçakçılığının içine dalıyoruz. Kadına yapılan adiliğin sınırı yok maalesef. "
Cookie
Wird als "Top-Thriller" beworben, ist aber eher ein Mystery-Krimi, weswegen ich ihn auch dort einsortiert habe.

Die Handlung plätschert so vor sich hin; eine rechte Spannung wollte sich bei mir nicht einstellen. Irritiert hatten mich die ständigen Wechseln der Örtlichkeiten und Zeiten. Bei letzterem war mir nie so ganz klar, in welcher Zeitspanne ich mich eigentlich befinde. Kirre gemacht hat mich der ständig wechselnde Blickwinkel. Mal wurde aus der Sicht eines neutralen Beobachters geschrieben;
Liz De Coster
I enjoyed the first book in this series, mostly because of the premise. The second book raised some interesting moral and legal questions related to the premise. What I have found, though, is that by the third book this series has reached the sensationalistic limits of storytelling. This is the sort of wall reached in many long-running series, where each book has to "top" the previous book with any number of ludicrous coincidences and preposterous plotlines. This is only the third installment of ...more
Suzan
I picked up this book because the title Lost Girls reminded me of Peter Pan and because it was set in the Caribbean. What I found was a thriller that left my heart pounding and broken. This book is a sad story of the human trafficking (aka sex trade) business with a mystery as a means to present the story. Not only are the descriptions of the horrors done to girls and women affecting but they will live with you forever. It was ironic that Brazil won the honor of being the site of the next summer ...more
Evelyn
Blind psychic Sherry Moore travels to Haiti to find the murderous kingpin of a human trafficking network after "seeing" horrific images from the man's son who died on the slopes of Denali. There she finds that she must confront a blind man who shares her talent for seeing the final moments of a dead body's life in order to locate a missing young woman from Chicago.

Tightly plotted and fast-paced. The action scenes on the slopes of Denali are breathtaking. Shuman explores a touchy subject in huma
Pugalicious
A disturbing thriller dealing with human trafficking. This is the third mystery featuring blind psychic Sherry Moore, but the first I have read. I will definitely be reading the other two. The images of the sex slave trade and the women/girls who are forced into it are horrifying. Even more horrifying is the inability of the government to make any substantial difference. The ease in which these women disappear is every parents nightmare. Read if you dare, but prepare to be haunted for weeks.
Jacqui Gordon
3rd book in a series featuring Sherry Moore a consultant who is blind and when she touches a dead person's hand she sees the last 18 seconds of their life. Lost girls is about slave girls being trafficked in Haiti and because of the the political situation how hard it is to gather evidence and convict those responsible. I like these books because they are written well and I find the descriptions of the last 18 seconds fascinating. I wonder what my 18 seconds would be?
Linda
This is the third, I think, in a series, and I liked it so might have to go back and read the first two, if I can find them. Our library quite often has the middle of series but have either never had the first books or have sent them to the Friends book sale. It is hard to find all of books in a series and it seems like there are many series of books out there.
Melissa
I love this author. He usually catches my interest with serial killers, but this book was a great surprise. I read it one day. Another Sherry Moore novel where she tries to find a castle with women in Haiti that are being beaten and trafficked to Brazil and South America. Gross detail, but great background in history and religion! loved it.
Reggie Alexander
I enjoyed the story and the premise but thought it could have been edited a bit better. The main character is a blind psycic who can relive the last 18 seconds of a dead person life when she holds their hand. She uses this to help solve an international human trafficing story. It was an interesting way to dive into a dark subject.
Olivia J
Very Engaging and written brilliantly.

This book, for me, was almost impossible to put down. A great thriller that is based around crimes that still occur today, with a fierce main character who has an “ability” that helped make this book stand out from all the others. I loved it, and thought it was excellent.
Lou
The storyline was exciting and horrific at the same time. The book moved along at a good clip and the characters were very real. The story was moving in different areas yet was always keeping my attention and the horrible things were just that too. So if you like Sherry Moore novels then this is a winner.
Garryvivianne
This was a pretty good story. Story about Sherry Moore, a psychic, & apparently there are other books about her, which I would also like to read. This involved trafficking of young girls from all over the world, being smuggled into the Carribean & South American countries.
Heidi
Nov 01, 2008 Heidi rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Amy Hess, Lisa Helmick
This is my first time reading one of his novels, I am really enjoying it.

* Finished this quickly. It was a good book. I was fascinated by the details of human trafficking. I probably would have gotten more out of the characters if I had read Shuman's previous novels.
Skilly
I like these books and I'm just starting the 4th one. I'm finding myself not liking the main character Sherry though. It's almost like these books would be fine without her. She doesn't really do much in them for me to care about her. Maybe #4 will be different.
Becky
Don't go out alone in a foreign country. The books mainly deals with trafficing a women for sex. The abductions and happens to these women & girls. A real eye opener. The main character, Sherry is not a key figure in this book as she was in 18 seconds.
✿ ♥  Heather ♥ ✿
Very addictive, I just couldn't put it down. It was quite horrifying and in the beginning I was hesitating whether I should read further because of what I was reading about, but it was actually worth reading on. Educational really.
Nikki
This book is an eye opener.. though it is fiction, the story it unwinds about the trafficking of women is devastating. I can't believe human trafficking is a reality, I can't believe we don't know more about it. Read this book.
Anne
Third in the Sherry Moore series, this story begins thrillingly with a mountaintop rescue in Alaska and ends with human trafficking in Haiti. Hard to put down, but very gritty. Three and a half stars.
Zanade
Considering the topic I thought "Lost Girls" was a great book! I carried this book everywhere I went until the very end... Until I was sure that Sherry Moore and Carol Bishop was safe.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Stalking the Dragon
  • Valley of the Soul (Dubric Bryerly, #3)
  • Flowers for Her Grave (Grim Reaper Mystery, #3)
  • Fan Mail (Sophie Anderson, #3)
  • To Wish or Not to Wish (As You Wish, #3)
  • The Double Cross (Someday Quilts Mystery, #3)
  • Battle of the Network Zombies (Amanda Feral, #3)
  • The Zodiac Paradox
  • Sword and Sorceress 24
  • A Spell for the Revolution (Traitor to the Crown, #2)
  • Unsympathetic Magic (Esther Diamond #3)
  • Wildcard (Dr Steven Dunbar, #3)
  • Storm Peak (Jesse Parker Mystery, #1)
  • Ghost in Trouble (Bailey Ruth, #3)
  • When a Man Loves a Weapon (Bobbie Faye, #3)
  • Tricks of the Trade (Paranormal Scene Investigations, #3)
  • Charmed Circle (A Cass Shipton Mystery, #2)
  • The Frenzy Way (The Frenzy Wolves, #1)
George D. Shumanis author of Lost Girls, Last Breath, and the Edgar Award–nominated 18 Seconds. A retired twenty-year veteran of the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan Police Department, he resides in the mountains of southwest Pennsylvania, where he now writes full-time. To learn more, visit his website at www.georgedshuman.com.
More about George D. Shuman...

Sherry Moore (4 books)
  • 18 Seconds (Sherry Moore, #1)
  • Last Breath (Sherry Moore, #2)
  • Second Sight (Sherry Moore, #4)
18 Seconds (Sherry Moore, #1) Last Breath (Sherry Moore, #2) Second Sight (Sherry Moore, #4) Rattleman