Ice Dreams (Candy Apple Special Edition, #2)

Ice Dreams (Candy Apple Special Edition #2)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The brand-new Candy Apple book--a super special!--from New York Times bestselling author Lisa Papademetriou!
Rosa Hernandez has always loved ice skating, but it wasn't exactly a popular sport in her hometown of Miami, Florida. So when her mom's job transfers them to Chicago, Rosa can't wait to take her skating to the next level. She promptly enrolls in classes, where she m...more
Published January 1st 2011 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Ice Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice Dreams

Alexis
My opinion on this book is that it's really entertaining. This book is also a girly read from Candy Apple. The page count is good and it's a strong story. The concept of this story is that it's really strong, well thought, entertaining, and appealing to young readers. This book would most likely be for tweens and pre-teens. The book is about a girl named Rosa and how she wants to do good in the skating competition. The book also features how Rosa has a crush on someone, how she has a long distan...more
Ashlet
truely a candy apple book!!!!!!!!!i loved rosa.(i actually resemble meena!!!!!) seriously but i was'nt able to decide whether jacqui was the real villian of the book because in the end she seemed nice... i actually wonder if they make a film on it which actor they are gonna show for anton(i mean he's described in the book nearly as edward cullen id described in twilght)
Emma Xoxo
This book is very interesting... It inspired me to become an ice skater... So im going to take a go for it!
Julie
The plot was a lot better than I thought it would be, but some of the writing was horrible. Lots of cliches that had me rolling my eyes. However, this being a children's book I expected that. The worse thing about this book is the fact that I feel like the author was writing something on a subject she knew nothing about. My sister skates competitively, so I know first-hand what it's like. The book just throws a bunch of "skating" terms around. Completely inaccurately. A lot of that was made fun...more
Kaylin
Mar 24, 2014 Kaylin rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
It was interesting. I thought that some parts of the book could be more detailed. Rosa is cute and I love the plot and problem. This book overall is great, but I gave it three stars because off in my opinion poor writing. Still, the book is interesting to read.
Rebecca
This book is about Rosa loves ice skating.Her mom transfers to chagio and they have really good rinks.She says its perfect to make new friends.Rosa meets a really mean girl who thinks she's a ice queen in of ways.Rosa has some tough compation!!!!!Yikes look out Rosa.They have a compation coming up lets see if rosa's dreams come true.But you will have to read the book to find out cause I don't know eather!!!!!!!
Sophie
It is a book that can relate to some peoples life. I like it because, she might not love skating but she puts her ALL into it. It teachs a valuable lesson. Thank you!
Lauren C.
Even though this is 1 of the best authors in the entire world, I didn't really like this book :( the other ones in this series r amazing though :)
Samriddhi
LOVED IT
this was really a good book to read,
I've read this book a couple of times but I'm still not bored with it.....
Ashley
This was a good book. It's funny and had me smiling many times. I suggest it to preteens and early teenagers.
Brielle
One of my favorite candy apples so far. Super sweet, and also a bonus for diversity!
Sunaina Chander
I loved this book! It was one of the best books I have read!!!
Sabrina A
This was the first Candy Apple book I bought :)
Lotus
This book is getting very interesting!
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Macaiya
Macaiya marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Esfiliya Asimionese
Esfiliya Asimionese marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Manar
Manar added it
Aug 07, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Megan Smith
Megan Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Elizabeth Gusek
Elizabeth Gusek marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Kellie
Kellie marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Alana
Alana marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Lisa Papademetriou is the author of Sixth-Grade Glommers, Norks, and Me (named one of the Best Books of 2005 by FamilyFun.com ); the Accidentally Series; The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls from Jersey; How to Be a Girly Girl in Just Ten Days; Drop; Chasing Normal; and M or F?, Ice Dreams, and Siren's Storm.

Forthcoming:
Fury's Fire
Confectionately Yours: Save the Cupcake!
More about Lisa Papademetriou...
Accidentally Fabulous (Accidentally, #1; Candy Apple #12) How to Be a Girly Girl in Just Ten Days (Candy Apple #4) Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5) M or F? Save the Cupcake! (Confectionately Yours, #1)