Start by marking “Rain & Fire: A Guide to the Last Dragon Chronicles” as Want to Read:
Rain & Fire: A Guide to the Last Dragon Chronicles

Rain & Fire: A Guide to the Last Dragon Chronicles (The Last Dragon Chronicles)

A light-hearted guide to Chris d'Lacey's New York Times bestselling series, 'The Last Dragon Chronicles'.
Published October 7th 2010 by Orchard (NY)

To ask other readers questions about Rain & Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rain & Fire

Elizabeth
May 26, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
As a companion book for the Last Dragon Chronicles, it is excellent for a follow-up for the series. I did not realize in my reading of this series the many characters I met. This also illustrated the interacting within the series and gave me a great appreciation for the author in the way the series developed. I already loved every book on the series and kept hunting for them. I guess I have to admit the hunting is over and now I can visit old friends for a great treat.
Rhys
Oct 16, 2010 Rhys rated it really liked it
Rain and Fire isn’t a ‘real’ book, so I can’t really give a full-blown review, but I’ll try my best!

Written by Chris d’Lacey’s wife, Jay, Rain and Fire is a guidebook to The Last Dragon Chronicles, written by Chris d’Lacey. Rain and Fire has a glossary of terms, something that I’m sure many fans will find very useful, particularly before reading Fire World, the next book due. Character biographies and other such things also feature in Rain and Fire, although most of it is more of a narrative of
Its Cha Boi Uhh Pope the Froge
It was a pretty okay book in general. Although it wasn't that interesting like some of the other books but it was around the main point of the series.
Ms. Yingling
Sep 27, 2012 Ms. Yingling rated it it was ok
This companion to the series that begins with The Fire Within and goes for seven books is an odd assortment of recaps of the different books, explanations of the mythology used, lists of characters and terms used, and biographical information written by the author's wife about how he came to write the books. This struck me, as The Fire Within did, as a particularly English book, much like the Jacqueline Wilson autobiography/memoir. I am not entirely sure that US students want to know this much i ...more
Maria
Aug 24, 2012 Maria rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book as kind of a recap of the story and a look into some of the life of the author. For example, now I know why the first book was so focused on squirrels as opposed to dragons, which annoyed me to no end while reading The Fire Within. We also discover why he incorporates polar bears, or ice bears, in the story, which initially I thought was a weird thing to do (what in the world would dragons and polar bears have in common?), but turned out to work nicely with the res ...more
Kit
Jan 14, 2013 Kit rated it liked it
Shelves: chris-d-lacey
This is basically a book that is an overview for all seven books in The Last Dragon Chronicles. I started reading it thinking it was a separate story or even an additional book and was bumped to find out it is just a review book. It gives details of how the author came about to writing the books and what led to the plot line and characters. It gives some interested tidbits that I didn't know. Like that you can actually buy the clay dragons that are in the books from a gal the dragons were inspir ...more
Carolyn Tepe
Sep 26, 2012 Carolyn Tepe rated it really liked it
These books are the first series to get my very reluctant reader son to read in fifth grade! He loves them! He is now in ninth grade and just read the last book back in Spring. I have not read books since first book but I have proofed every book report along the way. I found this guide to be a fantastic refresher and a great way to relive a great story. I am sure we will bw getting the hard copy... as the oldest is expecting the youngest to start the series soon.
Abbie
Feb 29, 2016 Abbie rated it it was amazing
Even though I've only read the first two books in this series I love it. This was a fun book to read with background info and summaries. It was the perfect way to get back into the series. I'm thinking about restarting the series soon.
Brianna
Jun 16, 2012 Brianna rated it really liked it
An excellent and concise guide to the Last Dragon Chronicles up to Dark Fire. Contains fascinating tidbits on Chris's inspirations, research, writing process and idea development when it came to writing the series.
Liah
Jun 07, 2011 Liah rated it liked it
A pretty good refresher on what happened in the last five books which began a while back now, so it didn't feel unnatural for this book to be added as an extra/bonus book of the series. A tasty backgrond insight into the writing of the series, great for fans.
Marty O'hara
Aug 04, 2013 Marty O'hara rated it it was ok
for the book Rain and Fire you have to read the series before you read this book. It's not really even about the book series in my opinion. It's more about the author.
The Literary Connoisseur
May 19, 2013 The Literary Connoisseur rated it really liked it
I found this book to be a "must read" to fully appreciate the end of the Last Dragon Chronicles. I'm incredibly sad to say goodbye to them (for now) but until next time, "hrrr!"
Ezamoosh
Oct 17, 2011 Ezamoosh rated it really liked it
Awesome book! I love getting behind the scenes on any book writing, so this is great for anyone else who does too.
Breeana
Breeana rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2015
Iris
Iris rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Ericka
Ericka rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2013
Meg O'connor
Meg O'connor rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Scott
Scott rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2015
Jacob Morgan
Jacob Morgan rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2012
Shay Cermy
Shay Cermy rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2011
Gabby
Gabby rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2014
Bhargavee Guhan
Bhargavee Guhan rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2013
Madi
Madi rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2014
EvieCake
EvieCake rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Jack Bailey
Jack Bailey rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2017
justin rhine
justin rhine rated it did not like it
Jan 23, 2012
Rachel Walker
Rachel Walker rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2013
Caroline Cassidy
Caroline Cassidy rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Lucy Anderson
Lucy Anderson rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2013
Ebony Dark
Ebony Dark rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Record of a Fallen Vampire, Volume 5
  • The Twilight Journals
  • Case Closed, Vol. 18
  • The Ship Between the Worlds
  • Evil?
  • Unicorns of Balinor (Unicorns of Balinor, #1-3)
  • Hetalia: Axis Powers, Vol. 3 (Hetalia: Axis Powers, #3)
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― 59 [Burīchi 59] (Bleach, #59)
He was born in Valetta, Malta, but as a child moved first to Leicester and then to Bolton. After gaining a degree in biology from the University of York, he returned to Leicester and got a job at the University of Leicester in their Pre-Clinical Sciences department.
Originally his writing was confined to songs and he didn't turn to fiction until he was 32. His first piece of work was a 250,000 word
More about Chris d'Lacey...

The Last Dragon Chronicles (7 books)
  • The Fire Within (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #1)
  • Icefire (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #2)
  • Fire Star (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #3)
  • The Fire Eternal (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #4)
  • Dark Fire (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #5)
  • Fire World (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #6)
  • The Fire Ascending (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #7)

“auma change in Liz, denoting that she is the equivalent of pregnant (“eggnant”?) because of the kindling of the bronze egg by Zanna.” 2 likes
“The latter refers to the dragon element only of the pair, when the two are physically separated.” 0 likes