Start by marking “Deceptions (Sweet Valley High, #14)” as Want to Read:
Deceptions (Sweet Valley High, #14)

Deceptions (Sweet Valley High #14)

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  1,051 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A tangled web ...

Elizabeth Wakefield is stunned when Nicholas Morrow asks her for a date. A newcomer to Sweet Valley, Nicholas is fabulously wealthy and extremely handsome. Even though Elizabeth would never cheat on Todd Wilkins, her steady boyfriend, Nicholas is so attractive and sincere that she agrees to go out with him just once.

To make matters worse, Jessica, Elizabe

Mass Market Paperback, 144 pages
Published November 1st 1984 by Bantam Books

To ask other readers questions about Deceptions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deceptions

Ashley Murphy
The new rich boy wore an ascot on a date. A freaking ascot.

This was garbage.

I loved it.
Amy
This book made me yell a lot. When Arthur was reading it to me, I was either yelling at Elizabeth to grow a pair and just tell stupid Nicholas that she doesn't want to go on a date with him...or I was yelling out what was going to happen next (all of these books are ridiculously predictable). As some of my buds may know, when Arthur reads these books to me, he gives each character a ridiculous voice. There was a great moment when Todd (French accent) and Nicholas (French Mickey Mouse) were havin ...more
Lucy
One summer, I was stuck in a small town where the library had nothing good to read that I hadn't already read EXCEPT for the entire Sweet Valley High series. They completely sucked me in, although I think it's because I was very bored, and fascinated by the soap-opera americanness of Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield's lives.
BookLuva28
Jenn Ingram
The Main Plot in 50 Words or Less: Follow-up to Liz's kidnapping, now she has to deal with the new guy's advances. Is she in love with Nicholas? What about Todd? What about Jessica?

The Second Plot in 20 Words or Less: Jessica uses her feminine wiles to get Randy, a computer nerd, to hack into school computers and change her grade.

The book opens right where the last one ended, with Liz's welcome home party from being kidnapped. Nicholas is immediately infatuated with Elizabeth, instead of Jessica
PurplyCookie
Liz finds herself struggling with a dilemma: does she accept a dinner date with a guy who has just moved into town or does she turn him down? Mind you, she has a steady boyfriend that she loves dearly, so you can see the problem. Being the super-nice girl that she is, she decides to accept. Of course, her decision nearly costs her her relationship with her boyfriend.

Although Elizabeth knows that Todd is the only boy for her, she agrees to go out with handsome, wealthy Nicholas. She later learns
Tara Calaby
As a pre-teen, I thought Nicholas Morrow was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. He doesn't hold up so well these days. What kind of idiot tells someone he's just met that he's in love with her?

Anyway, this is one of those books where perfect!Liz acts in a far-from-perfect manner and doesn't have to deal with any real consequences because she IS Liz, as opposed to Jess. She runs around behind Todd's back with the boy her sister is crushing on. Nice.

The most amazing part of Deceptions is the fact that Todd doesn't p
Emily
Elizabeth decides to go on a date with Nicholas Morrow after he continues to beg her. She starts to have second thoughts when Jessica says how in love she is with him and when Todd, her boyfriend, gets jealous when he sees him talking to her. She was going to tell Todd and maybe Elizabeth about the one time only date but after that she decides to keep it a secret. The date goes very well and Elizabeth tells Nicholas that she still only thinks of him as a friend. But on the way out Elizabeth sees ...more
Hillary
I just can't believe I didn't enjoy the eighties more, you know, at the time.
Jodie
I loved every minute of this series and I still do. One of those childhood memories that never leaves you. I loved going to the library to pick up a new Francine Pascal book, nothing better in the world.
Forever Young Adult
Graded By: Erin

Read the drinking game and review here.
Marts  (Thinker)
Read this back in secondary school... 'Sweet Valley High #14 - Deceptions' by Francine Pascal
Megan Gray
I loved Elizabeth being bad in this one! A real switcheroo.
Sheila Read
I remember the cover just not the story.
Reading with Cats
Elizabeth is a dumbass.
Keli Wright
Jun 12, 2008 Keli Wright rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all the little girls
Recommended to Keli by: ?
naughty girl ahahhahah
Christina West
Christina West marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Nasreen Mangera
Nasreen Mangera marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Anriyeta Vlayeva
Anriyeta Vlayeva marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Beverly Arco
Beverly Arco marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Elisha
Elisha added it
Jul 26, 2015
Clif and Laura
Clif and Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Arie Smith
Arie Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
  • Mallory and the Trouble With Twins (The Baby-Sitters Club, #21)
  • The Substitute (Replica, #13)
  • The Wedding Day Mystery (Nancy Drew, #136)
Francine Pascal (May 13, 1938— ) is an American author best known for creating the Sweet Valley series of novels. In 1982 she created the characters and the stories for the first six books and her agent, Amy Berkower of Writers House sold them to Bantam Books. Book number one is mostly written by Ms. Pascal. From then on she wrote the stories for every book ever published in the series. After the ...more
More about Francine Pascal...

Sweet Valley High (1 - 10 of 159 books)
  • Double Love (Sweet Valley High, #1)
  • Secrets (Sweet Valley High, #2)
  • Playing with Fire (Sweet Valley High, #3)
  • Sweet Valley High: Three Novels
  • Power Play (Sweet Valley High, #4)
  • All Night Long (Sweet Valley High, #5)
  • Dangerous Love (Sweet Valley High, #6)
  • Dear Sister (Sweet Valley High, #7)
  • Sweet Valley High Collection: All Night Long, Dangerous Love, Dear Sister (Sweet Valley High #5, #6, #7)
  • Heart Breaker (Sweet Valley High, #8)
Best Friends (Sweet Valley Twins, #1) Double Love (Sweet Valley High, #1) Fearless (Fearless, #1) Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later Secrets (Sweet Valley High, #2)