Bite This!: A Richard Dick Mystery

Bite This!: A Richard Dick Mystery (A Richard Dick Mystery)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Detective Richard Dick is hired to look into mysterious disappearances in the town of Wareville. His client is enormous, the suspects are bizarre and the situation is turning critical. This isn't Dick's typical case but, then again, this laugh-out-loud story isn't your typical mystery either!
Published May 15th 2010 by Untreed Reads

To ask other readers questions about Bite This!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bite This!

Giovanni Gelati
The weekends are so much fun here; we are coming at you twice today with digital shorts by Jason McIntyre and the author featured in this post Wade J. McMahan. These stories are polar opposites and it is nice to feature them both on the same day to exemplify the diversity that awaits you at Smashwords. I found both authors there, but their works can be found elsewhere as well. Bite This! Can be found on just about any platform you chose; Untreed Reads is his publisher and they have listed it ext...more
Ebook Addict Reviews
Bite This! is a cute, tongue-in-cheek read. For me, it was a fast paced and a nice diversion. I enjoyed Mr. McMahan’s sense of humor and once I got into the flow of his writing, the story made perfect sense despite its roots in the land of make-believe. This is the first of his Richard Dick mysteries and reads well as a stand-alone.

Eve
Jessie
It is deceptive that this is listed a a book. Six e-pages long, this is a short story. Though mildly entertaining it reminds me of a skit from a not-very-funny comedy show. How do these things get published? Where are editors and proof-readers and people with judgement? Oh. Yes. These are the days of the self-published.

I've also removed this series from my mystery shelves, as there is no mystery or detecting in these stories.
Lynne - The Book Squirrel
Short story - not that brilliant!
Celeste
Celeste marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2012
Alaska
Alaska marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2012
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2010
Wade J. McMahan has published four stories with Untreed Reads Publishing. In addition to his successful Richard Dick Mysteries series, Untreed Reads also released his fantasy spoof, Flying Solo. More Richard Dick works are already in the pipeline, or under construction. His stories have also been published at such places as The Ampersand Review, Crow’s Nest Magazine, and Pine Tree Mysteries.

Owner...more
More about Wade J. McMahan...
Naughty or Nice? a Richard Dick Mystery Witches Witch? a Richard Dick Mystery Fanged The Complete Richard Dick Mysteries The Lincoln Park Horror