The Harrowsmith Illustrated Book Of Herbs

The Harrowsmith Illustrated Book Of Herbs

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  2 reviews
From the tasty practicality of sweet basil to the ornamental splendour of roses, THE HARROWSMITH ILLUSTRATED BOOK OF HERBS is the first definitive guide to growing a herb garden in Canada or the northern United States.

Lora
Excellent book with color drawings to help identify herbs and then detailed passages to help you learn to grow them. As an added flavor: some opinion and personal voice of experience, and the poetic voice of the gardener as well.
This goes on my herbs shelf next to my chair. I will be referring to this again later. I have liked both Harrowsmith books I found. It helps me better than catalogs from California that keep telling me that their plants don't grow in cold climates.
Michael Gentile
Tells the story of herbs in canada. Then details different garden layouts for herbs, including specialty gardens such as culinary and tea. Finally the book goes into detail with each herb and its uses and a bit of personal history from the author. Overall extremely informative for anyone looking to grow herbs in Canada, or anywhere for that matter.
Megan Ferguson
Megan Ferguson marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Dexxa
Dexxa added it
Dec 01, 2013
Pat Haley
Pat Haley marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2013
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2012
The Organic Home Garden The Harrowsmith Perennial Garden: Flowers For Three Seasons The Organic Home Garden: How to Grow Fruits and Vegetables Naturally The Art of Perennial Gardening: Creative Ways with Hardy Flowers Portraits Of Flowers