WPF 4 Unleashed

WPF 4 Unleashed

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The #1 WPF Book--Now Updated for WPF 4! Full Color: Code samples appear as they do in Visual Studio! Thorough, authoritative coverage, practical examples, clear writing, and full-color presentation make this one of the most widely acclaimed programming books of the last decade. Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is the recommended technology for creating Windows user in...more
Published June 7th 2010 by Sams (first published 2010)

Ben Rand
After reading a string of really great programming books, this was quite a let down. The book looks really nice: good use of color for the code samples, nice layout, etc.

Mainly I was disappointed that the book didn't present a cohesive project (or projects) that you gradually built up, learning WPF features along the way. Instead it's a bunch of loose examples that rarely have any bearing on each other.

There are some really good sections (the Visual Studio style window in Chapter 5), and the s...more
Matt Hartzell
Jul 12, 2012 Matt Hartzell rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Software Developers
WPF 4 unleashed is a great resource if you are learning WPF for the first time. It covers a broad range of topics and concepts, and also identifies many idiosyncracies of the technology that may affect you as you develop applications.

However, the book does not reach a five-star level because MVVM is not at all discussed. It is, literally, not mentioned once. To me, the MVVM design pattern goes hand-in-hand with WPF, and is one of the most important reasons for using WPF. All of the code example...more
Matteo Tomasulo
If you are looking for a clear, interesting and "how to think WPF" book this is for you.

If you are looking for a complete reference I suggest instead this: Pro WPF in C# 2010
Andy
Feb 21, 2012 Andy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: tech
This is a great book if you need an introduction to WPF or just need a reference for WPF concepts and best practices. It has a very good balance of description and examples. I would recommend this to anyone that wants to learn WPF or has "just messed around" with it.
Robert Chapman
Going back to my roots as a programmer with this one. I still very much enjoy reading about technology and dreaming up cool ways to apply it to business problems.
Jonny
Good book on learning WPF coming from a Windows Form background.
Manu Singhal
Manu Singhal marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Soumya
Soumya marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Vikash Fauzdar
Vikash Fauzdar marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Yaroslav
Yaroslav is currently reading it
May 20, 2014
Carl Figgins
Carl Figgins is currently reading it
Apr 29, 2014
Volodymyr
Volodymyr marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Kanika Arora
Kanika Arora marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Ercenk
Ercenk added it
Dec 08, 2013
Alexander
Alexander marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Windows Presentation Foundation Unleashed (WPF) 101 Windows Phone 7 Apps, Volume I: Developing Apps 1-50 WPF 4.5 Unleashed Silverlight 1.0 Unleashed .Net and Com: The Complete Interoperability Guide