Start by marking “Hemlock Bay (FBI Thriller, #6)” as Want to Read:
Hemlock Bay (FBI Thriller, #6)

Hemlock Bay (FBI Thriller #6)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  5,248 ratings  ·  186 reviews
FBI Agent Dillon Savich discovers that his sister owns four paintings, worth a million dollars each, that are at the heart of an intricate conspiracy in this "New York Times" bestselling thriller.
Published July 1st 2002 by Jove Books (first published August 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Hemlock Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hemlock Bay

Deborah
Somebody snap me out of my coma. The overall story line was promising but the interaction between the characters was very weird. I wondered if they were just page fillers. I could not wait to finish it and only did so because I wanted to know how it ended.
J.S. Bailey
It took me two weeks to read this book, and unfortunately I did not enjoy it. I did like my first foray into Catherine Coulter's work (The Cove), but this one just didn't grab me. The characters felt flat and most of them seemed to have the same voice and personality. There were also some problems that should have been caught by an editor but weren't: at one point Sherlock is talking to her husband Dillon's sister and says something about "Dillon's mother" doing something. Why didn't she say "yo ...more
Victoria
I expected this would be a romance novel but it was more a whodunit. Not bad---if you can believe a woman who had a splenectomy (along with other injuries) got out of the hospital after a few days and within a couple of weeks managed to take down a couple of really bad dudes with her martial arts skills, fall in love after swearing off men, and fly to Sweden to nab the head bad guy. But whenever she got in a car everyone was solicitous about putting a pillow between her stomach and the seatbelt.
Darlene
A thriller like the other FBI series I have read with Sherlock and Savich. Twists and turns, but an overload of unexplained paranormal happenings that were supposed to be frightening but just left me shaking my head at the absurdity of it. Liked the book, but how many time could smart people make themselves so vulnerable to be targets for murderers? I will definitely continue reading Coulter FBI series, but prefer them more believable.
Tanya
Riptide and this book are strange. The main character is subjected to many awful, unrelated events. This author really abuses her women! I couldn't get through Riptide, but did skim Hemlock Bay. The Main character seems to have been flayed in another novel, and in this one she must face two unrelated bad guys in quick succession. I find it difficult to buy in to her characters as well as the plot.

It did make for a fast beach skim.
Joene
This is a great story, with interesting characters and a twist you don't expect. Sherlock and Dillon involved as well! Dillon's sister is either suicidal, or someone is trying to kill her! Meanwhile, Dillon is tracking a killer with some unusual talents, who wants to destroy him! GREAT STORY!!!!
Deborah
I just happened to pick up this FBI Thriller, and at #6 in a series, did not know a thing about it. So, that being as it is, it can be a decent stand alone mystery. I liked the characters. There are four that share the limelight with two mysteries equally sharing page space. Very involved, full of twists and turns, and if you enjoy the great masters in the art world you will like the theme here.
I had a problem with the strong overlay of paranormal activity, and had to finish just to determine wh
Miss Kim
I like Coulters FBI series, but this one was realllly out there. I had a hard time grasping the majic trick premise here.
Dotti Elrick
I thought this was a nice addition to the FBI series.
Savitch and Sherlock are back, and hunting down a pair of brothers Tommy and Timmy Tuttle who have gone on a killing spree. When Dillon finally catches up to them in an old barn, he's unsure of what he has seen. The brothers have kidnapped two young boys and are going to sacrifice them to the "Ghouls". First one of the brothers Timmy is no longer male but a female, and her brother is calling her Tammy. The second is the Ghouls, they appear to
Maurean
This was my fourth foray into Coulter’s FBI series featuring Savich & Sherlock, and unfortunately, my least favorite of them all.
In this book, we follow two basic storylines; First, the story begins with Agent Savage rescuing two boys who are about to be dismembered by the Warlocks, a sibling pair of serial killers, by killing Tommy and shooting Timmy – only to find out that “Timmy” is really “Tammy”, a sort of mystic, who uses “ghouls” to dismember and kill her victims.
On top of this, the
Kristen
This was a good, exciting thriller.

Husband and wife FBI Agents Dillon Savitch and Sherlock take down two vicious brother serial killers, who turn out to be a brother and sister. The brother is killed and Dillon badly wounds the sister, but when she eventually escapes and vows to get back at Dillon he knows he'll have to watch his back.

When immediately after the case finishes, Dillon receives word that his sister, Lily has crashed her car into a redwood and is in hospital, he worries if this is a
Asho
This book was really dreadful. I thought it was so bad, in fact, that I almost gave it two stars simply because after a while I sort of enjoyed mocking it.
There was precisely one element of this book I enjoyed. For some reason I thought it was sweet and appealing whenever Lily would describe her cartoon character No Wrinkles Remus. I liked her in those moments.
The rest of this book drove me crazy. The dialogue was the worst part. It was awful. And, yes, I think it is particularly difficult to wr
Psj
This is possibly the worst book I've ever read. This had some of the worst dialogue I've ever read and most of the details in the book were used multiple times and were completely unnecessary. The story was completely implausible and offered no explanation as to any information behind the supernatural phenomenon. Not even the characters in the book are confident enough to state that the criminal had supernatural powers or if she was just some David Copperfield wanna-be. What was up with the cart ...more
Pattianne
Hemlock Bay - FBI Thriller #6 - Savich and Sherlock - (Lily Savich and Simon Russo) - Savich's sister runs into a tree, the townspeole think it is a suicide attempt (which it is not).

FBI Agent Dillon Savich is on a challenging case involving the kidnapping of two teenage boys, when trouble boils up in his personal life. His younger sister, Lily, has crashed her Explorer into a redwood in California's Hemlock Bay.

Is it another suicide attempt, the second since the loss of her young daughter som
Merredith
Jun 18, 2011 Merredith rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: FBI series lovers
This was book number six in the FBI Thriller series. Savich and Sherlock are back! This book is about Savich's sister, who we'd briefly heard of before, when her daughter died in a previous book. Also, there's a continuation on the serial killer Tuttles storyline they'd previously introduced in an/some other book(s). Both stories were resolved. I like reading mystery/adventure books in a series, because you get to know the characters involved and see what's going on in their lives. The main prob ...more
Dan
Another good addition to the series as Sherlock and her husband continue to hunt out the crooked and deceatful. This series is growing more and more on me. They are written well enough to pick any one within the series to read and enjoy. Although it's just me, but I am reading the series in order, I am anxiously waiting to jump into the book inline.

Hemlock Bay has a well put together plot that was international. Taking the reader right next to the characters as the plot formed, deceaved, and fel
Kathleen Messmer
The storyline was good, however, I found the language stilted and forced. Other than that I found it full of action and I really liked Lily, Savich's younger sister who has suffered much in her short life. I was actually routing for her more than the main characters. Since it was one of Coulter's early novels I cut her some slack on the language thing. I'll probably read her again, hence the four stars rather than five.
Judy Goodnight
This was sort of a schizophrenic read. The plot line with Savich's sister, Lily, suspected of attempting suicide, the husband & his threatening parents, the creepy psychiatrist who wants to treat her, and the setting of the not-quite-right small West Coast town are all reminiscent of previous Coulter books in the series. Strong sense of deja vu in these sections of the book.

The other storyline where Savich & Sherlock are trying to track down the Tuttles, siblings responsible for the kidn
Gina
Since the disappointment of The Edge, the books have gotten better... but not by much. I liked the plots in this one, and the small twists, but otherwise, that's it. Savich and Sherlock are return characters and are true to the first time they appeared, but there wasn't enough heat between Lily and Simon for me. I didn't find their characters very strong. They weren't flat, they just didn't pop off the page at me, like I'm used to in a good novel. It was like, they were there - that was the end ...more
Uwe
getting better, not to many flaws this time, but still things only someone who remembers well can see it ........ at the end, the pics from the caribbean, he said from aruba ......the pics never came from there because tammy was on Tortula and later on Antigua. See ......small things !
David Ivester
I admire the writer's artfulness. She is a talented writer and project manager. However, it i obvious this book was written in a hurry. At one point, she confuses the names of two of the characters. I have to say that I did enjoy reading it though. It was a very fast read.
Joanne
Love her Savich and Sherlock books and this one is especially good. Two intertwined plots, one focusing more on Savich's sister Lily, while the other is Savich's FBI case with paranormal activities thrown in for excitement. Loved it and could not put it down.
Diane Shipley
I pretty much agree with all the comments, this is a weird book, I am not into pretend, and I hate confusion, this is not a good book, and I suggest you don't even start it, the characters are great, as usual, but this plot is so weird......
Pamela Ralston
I loved the series from the start. The Cove hooked me right away and kept me there "til the end. As a result I have continued reading the series. This book though seemed to me Hard to jump from one premise to the other smoothly and with real purpose.
Hemlock Bay had too many plots in it. the Tommy, Tammy, Timmy bit was just too much. As a fan of the Fantasy and Sci-Fi genre, even I had trouble with this plot. This being said the rest of series is entirely worthwhile.

Vera Maslow
It was suspenseful, but there was a lot going on. The dialogue was okay, but kind of unnatural again. I did not feel the romance aspect. It didn't feel like there was any build there. It just felt like there was too much going on and nothing was really focused so everything was mediocre.
Joanie
Savitch and Sherlock, the FBI, are involved in a ghoulish search for the people that stole Lily's grandmother's paintings. Tammy or Timmy(whichever) are trying to outwit the authorities. The book had some good characters along with some baffling ones and alot of twists in the "valleys". I think this was a pretty good read!
Joyce Ferrante
Catherine Coulter is one of my favorite authors, and this book certainly did not let me down! FBI Agents Dillon Savich and Lacey Sherlock are involved in another exciting case in Hemlock Bay. This time Savich is more personally involved because of paintings his famous grandmother had done and problems his sister,Liy, was having. He and Sherlock discover some upsetting news related to the expensive paintings that they must handle. Lily is involved as she works with an art dealer to help find out ...more
Lisa Dawson
So much going on

This book has two plots intertwined. And even though both plots are robust, you don't get lost going back and forth. There was so much action going on. Very fast paced book.
Lori
I did like reading it, but found myself annoyed that I was even bothering.
First, the romance portion is obvious. Second, the dialogue can be ridiculous. No one would say that. No one. Third, the main mystery was supernatural and unbelievable.
On the other hand, the sub-mystery about the forged paintings and Savich's "depressed" sister was interesting, and I just like Savich and Sherlock, even if Sherlock's role was quite diminished in this offering.
If Coulter is literary cotton candy, this book
Kaye
I have read a few books later in this series and i am glad I didn't start with this one. The main characters Dillon Savich and his wife Sherlock are both FBI agents. Usually they are very competent but this one has them bungling time after time. Also the other main story line (that usually turns into romance) envolves Dillion's sister. What starts as an interesting idea, is she crazy or someone trying to kill, becomes just silly. Way, way, way too much happens to her. I'd call the series, thrill ...more
  • Impulse
  • Kiss the Moon
  • Hiding in the Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #2)
  • Final Target (Wind Dancer, #4)
  • Slow Burn (Buchanan-Renard, #5)
  • Falling Awake
  • The Color of Death
  • Fear No Evil (No Evil Trilogy, #3)

FBI Thriller (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • The Cove (FBI Thriller, #1)
  • The Maze (FBI Thriller, #2)
  • The Target (FBI Thriller, #3)
  • The Edge (FBI Thriller, #4)
  • Riptide (FBI Thriller, #5)
  • Eleventh Hour (FBI Thriller, #7)
  • Blind Side (FBI Thriller, #8)
  • Blow Out (FBI Thriller, #9)
  • Point Blank (FBI Thriller #10)
  • Double Take (FBI Thriller, #11)
The Cove (FBI Thriller, #1) The Maze (FBI Thriller, #2) Split Second (FBI Thriller, #15) Eleventh Hour (FBI Thriller, #7) Point Blank (FBI Thriller #10)