Start by marking “Tyger, Tyger Burning Bryght (Orion, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tyger, Tyger Burning Bryght (Orion, #1)

Tyger, Tyger Burning Bryght (Orion #1)

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  654 ratings  ·  43 reviews

Half-man, half-beast, untamable...except by the one woman born for him.

The Orion series

As a novice interpreter aboard the space ship Orion, Calla Fellura is in uncharted territory. Especially when it comes to figuring out how to approach the ship's sexy navigator, who seems to have no shortage of willing women vying for his attention.

Tryon Jag is an alpha male tyger, on

Published July 15th 2008 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Tyger, Tyger Burning Bryght, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tyger, Tyger Burning Bryght

Kathryn
I should be shot for reading this. More so, I should be shot for finishing.

This was a free download. Surprise.

First, one of my most rapidly growing pet peeves are writers who spell Tiger as Tyger, and worse, Bright as Bryght.

Second, the writing was terrible, though there were surprisingly few typos and editing misses as are often found in these books. Bravo to the editor.

The characters were one dimensional, the writing stilted, and the reason above all else as to why I am rating 1 star inste
Kelly
Growing up completely immersed in sci-fi/fantasy books, I get a certain thrill when I get to read adult sci-fi. Sexy, sexy adult sci-fi. Yum. Spaceships! Shapeshifters! Sex! All in one compact package. Life doesn't get any better than this.

Here I got a shapeshifting tiger/man, a wide-eyed female who ends up giving as good as she gets, an eco-terrorism subplot that elevated the story from just sci-fi erotica to something with a little depth, a couple of perverted voyeurs, and ... umm, sex in a na
Carolyn F.
Okay another cover that's wrong! The female Calla is supposed to have blonde curly hair.

Calla is on a spaceship with Tryon when he goes into his mating cycle. Don't ask me why they would have a shifter on board who is about to mate, because it makes no sense to me. Calla volunteers to help him through it (wink, wink). She starts to care for him, he wants to keep her on the side until he finds his mate. She's not having it.

The book is okay, not super hot to me but okay. There's a saboteur on bo
Brenda (b)
The Orion Series will center around the crew of the spaceship Orion and this is the first of those stories. I liked it, but can't honestly say I loved it. Tryon and Calla were interesting characters, but I didn't feel as connected to them as I wanted to be.
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: July 15, 2009 (Available Now!)
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Imprint: N/A
Author’s Website: http://www.cathryn-cade.com/
My Source for This Book: Amazon.com
Part of a Series: Yes, Orion, Book 1
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Scorching

Tryon Jag is an alpha-male Tyger — a man whose powerful instincts allow him to be one of the few people who can successfully guide ships through the deadly Cat
VampireRomanceBooks ThatsErotica
I really enjoyed the storyline between Tyron and Calla. Their drastic need for each other scorched the pages scene after scene. To be fair, I'm not a fan of sci-fi space voyage stories. I could've done without all the other sci-fi type characters in this book and especially the story of eco-terrorists. However someone who does like the sci-fi aspect would enjoy this book more than I did. It was very well written and even though it was very steamy, it wasn't all sex.
Vivian Archer
3.5
Interesting opener for a series with the overall conflict only temporarily resolved. The relations between the H/h and the sociological play of unequal classes is well done.
Veronica~Nhaughty
FYI, this is a FREE read on Amazon today :D
Carin
What do you get when you mix sci-fi and romance? Well if you're Cathryn Cade you get a compelling mix of the best of both genre's.

In Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright we are introduced to the crew of the The Orion, the space ship version of a cruise ship. We meet some of the crew but this novel centers around the ships navigation officer Tyron Jag who goes through the mating shift while trying to navigate the new ship through an area of space that needs his expertise. We also meet Calla Fellura a nov
Kendra
To view full review including excerpt and dialogue highlight, please visit BonaFide Reflections.
I completed this review as a guest post. You can also view my blog at
readersedyn (dot) blogspot (dot) com

Review:

I read Tyger, Tyger Burning Bryght as few months ago and am only just getting a chance to write the review. As I recall, this was the first sci-fi, paranormal romance I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Ms. Cade does a fantastic job of creating a believable, futuris
Sabine Priestley
I liked this. Yes, it’s short and yes it could be made longer and deeper (snicker) but for what it is, it’s great. Cathryn knows how to write hot and steamy and there’s a lot of it here.

She has fun with the whole ‘out of control mating’ trope and I thought she did pretty good with the characters considering the length of the piece. Having just read "Stark Pleasure” I’m enjoying the world she’s made.

Stephanie

Heather Wiese
2.5?/3.0

Whoa. Ummm...steamy.

Jag is a Tygerian, part man, part tiger. He is the navigator for his ship and is responsible for getting them through the asteroid belt by his planet. One little problem, the closer he gets to his planet, the more he is effected by the mating cycle of his kind. He needs to mate NOW or...well, that wasn't really explained, but apparently bad things will happen. Rage? Goes feral? Something like that. *shrugs*

Calla is the interpreter on board and also a Tygerian. Her com
Charlene
Tyger shifter Jag experiences his mating shift while on board ship with an eco-terrorist bent on destroying his ship's navigation systems. He'll rage out of control without a woman to slake his lust. Calla, female Tyger and ship's novice interpreter, volunteers to be his shift mate. She's sexually inexperienced (but not a quivering virgin) and gets in over her head. After the shift and current terrorist incident passes, he crushes her expectations for the future. How will she move on...and will ...more
Angie
Sexy Tyger

This was an absolutely awesome, sexy book. Talk about steamy and a great story to boot. Sit back and enjoy.
C.J.
Really enjoyed this short read. Liked that it was the male who came running. Would have liked an epilogue.
Trea
Futuristic romances and I have a love/hate relationship, with hatred dominating, and this book falls squarely on that side of things. While it was a (thankfully!) short and erotic read, there's very little plot to hold it together. It is that lack of plot which makes it difficult, if not impossible to connect with the characters in a meaningful way. The terrorism side plot is largely ineffective, and we get no real sense that there was really any danger in the first place. All in all, a largely ...more
Blue Sky
Ends at 90% on my Kindle. Approx 1900 locations.
Part of a series - Book 1.
Jess
I finished it just to see where the train wreck ended. Nothing about this book appealed to me. It was 100 something pages of bad sex, non-existent plot, and characters with little to no development. I will not be continuing with this series.
Min
quick read. ok story if you can get it for free. not too much to the story beyond the contrived reason why the H and h need to be thrown together and have lots of sex.

as others have noted, substituting the Y for an I in 'tiger' and 'bright' is mildly annoying. the ship is flying thru the Cattarus system. and i don't know about you, but "tyger-pussy" is not a sexy pet name. it's just not.
Lyn
Although I'm not much of a sci-fy fan, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with this story. It was pretty steamy which was hot and it also had it's funny moments which made me laugh. A bit of suspense balanced the novella off and the ending was satisfying. The only complaint I have is that it was too short.
Karen Davis
Ok honestly..I was kinda disappointed in this book. It was WAY to short, which is sad, because it has/had the potential for a deeper story line. It's a weird story about an Alpha Tyger that's alien. It has some intense sexual scenes too....I just think that the story could've been more.
Lyndi
While I did enjoy this book, the overuse of the word (view spoiler) really bothered me. Also, the ending just... ended. There should have been an epilogue to wrap up the HEA. Instead it was like "I'm gonna have sex with you now." "Aweeesome." The end!
Donna Thomas
What a crock of tiger crap this was....just some made up lore of a tiger man having to have a mate to function and run the ship, not even mate he had to have SEX so they just threw in a girl on the ship, excuse to have crazy tiger sex all thru out the book...
NaiNai
The premise sounds interesting, the blurb sounds like it could be a "so bad it's good" book...and then the book just wholly fails to deliver on both counts. Nothing interesting, nothing funny. I want the 5 hours I spent reading this book back.
Omega696
So... was there some plot? Seriously it was mostly mix of various sex scenes. There was close to none world building or character developement. I can't say I'm impressed with this book. I don't think I will continue reading this series.
Gina (bibliobuff)
A pretty hot little read. Made interesting, too, with the whole mating fever and being trapped on a ship aspect. It intrigued me enough to look into the other books in the series.
Lesli
Not so much. The story flat lined. The characters are cardboard-y. Not worth reading and definitely not worth going to the next in the series.
ms bookjunkie
Hot. *fans self* Did I mention hot? *fans some more* Nice beginning for the series, I have a feeling I'll be reading the rest of it sometime…
Michelle
Well this book wasn't what I was expecting at all.
I guess I should have read the other reviews before I started to read this one.
  • Brianna (Celestial Passions, #1)
  • Tiger of Talmare (Frontiers of Love, #1)
  • Bay's Mercenary (Unearthly World, #1)
  • Lord Demon's Delight (Demons of Dunmore, #1)
  • When Night Falls
  • Lyon's Price (Zodiac Cyborgs, #1)
  • Alien Mate (Alien Mate, #1)
  • Tempting Tara (Warriors of Kelon, #2)
  • The Trigon Rituals (Trigon Rituals #1)
  • Alien Redemption (Clans of Kalquor, #6)
  • Charlie's Bargain
  • The Bond That Ties Us (Eternal Bond, #1)
  • No Fear (Trek Mi Q'an, #5)
  • Curse of the Gargoyle (Cursed MacKinnons, #1)
  • Initiation (Xylon Warriors #1)
  • Rage (Galactic Cage Fighters, #1)
  • Out of the Box (On the Edge)
  • Belle Starr
I write red hot sci fi, contemporary & contemporary paranormal romance, inviting you along on a heart-pounding ride with heroes who are more than men, and can only be tamed by the greatest force in the universe … love.
More about Cathryn Cade...

Orion (4 books)
  • Her Commander (Orion, #2)
  • Prince of Dragons (Orion, #3)
  • Deep Indigo (Orion, #4)
Heart of Stone Her Commander (Orion, #2) Prince of Dragons (Orion, #3) Walking in Fire (Hawaiian Heroes, #1) Deep Indigo (Orion, #4)