Start by marking “Fallen Blood (The Fallen, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fallen Blood (The Fallen, #1)

Fallen Blood (The Fallen #1)

3.11 of 5 stars 3.11  ·  rating details  ·  189 ratings  ·  22 reviews
What mystery surrounds an abandoned house now owned by the Federal government, that would bring men dressed in black to a frightened teen's home in the middle of the night? That would have them drag her parents from their home? What would have them desperately searching for her, to keep whatever secret they hide. Her only hope is a lovesick teen with a secret of his own to ...more
Published June 10th 2010

To ask other readers questions about Fallen Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen Blood

Tina
AWESOME BOOK! CAN WE HAVE ANOTHER FINISHING WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM WHEN THEY GO TO VEGAS, AND DECIDE WHAT TO DO FROM THERE WITH THEIR LIVES AND THEIR RELATIONSHIP? OR TALK TO HIS AUNT AGAIN?
Shakeera Frazer
This was the first vampire novel I read and it definitely won't be my last. The characters were great and the author gave such good details. This book was an easy read that I quickly finished. Get it, you won't be disappointed!
Kelly/yllektra
This was an interesting take on vampires.
The protagonist, Brian, though a vampire is unlike other vampires we have seen on TV or read about in other novels.
Yes he does drink blood, but there's a variety of other qualities, abilities in particular that set him apart.

Brian is a vampire who awakened on his 13th birthday. He's never known his father and his mother is dead. He is provided with with blood and other supplies by his auntie and he goes to high school. He is in love with Heather,m who ac
Jolene
At first I thought this story started out slow and maybe I was loosing focus with it, but as I thought about it there was so much mystery going on here my mind was constantly running through scenarios as I was trying to figure out what was going on and trying to make sense of it. So, where I thought it was slow, was just me trying to piece everyting together and taking it all in. Where things didn't make sense, the pieces started falling into place. The mystery was what hooked me. At first I tho ...more
Birgit
What starts out as a teenage obsession with a beautiful girl soon develops into a thrilling chase in Martin Sharlow's YA novel that presents a rather unique (and quite different) look at vampires and werewolves.
Admittedly the book offers both a fascinating premise and especially the main character Brian, who might not sparkle but needs blood to keep up his strength, was well thought out. Following the story through his eyes, from secretly following the girl of his dreams, Heather, and keeping he
Shannon
Fallen Blood by Martin C Sharlow
Brian is not an ordinary teenager. He is a vampire. Heather, an ordinary girl who had never noticed Brian before, is the object of his obsession and lust. Brian gets his chance to inject himself into her life when she becomes the object of an unknown adversary’s obsession. In order to save her Brian must discover things about himself and what is capable of doing. Brian and Heather meet an unlikely ally on the road, Bobby an over the road trucker, whose help turns
♥ Amanda
I received a copy of Fallen Blood courtesy of LibraryThing.

Starting Fallen Blood, I was a little confused, but also still curious. Brian is a vampire, but not not in the sense as we've come to know vampires. He's in love with Heather, but she doesn't even really know he exists. Even though she lives across the street from him, and he visits her in her dreams. Well, Brian ends up inadvertently saving Heather when her friends and parents are taken by these men in suits and dark glasses. Think Mr.
Josheka
Renee Rearden
I had great hopes for this book. The premise was different and interesting...a combination that usually spells winner. Unfortunately, not in this case. The pacing drags, there are inconsistent character issues with Brian, (he's known he's different his whole life but describes things and acts in ways that point toward the opposite fact), and then there are the editing issues. Every book has them, so I try to overlook small errors. Sometimes though, there are just too many. Others may enjoy the u ...more
Diana Rego
I really enjoyed this book...I always like to read books that take a well known story or idea and adds a new twist and this book definitely did that. I also liked how relate-able the characters were and how Brian was dealing with problem like any normal kid would, not just the fact that he was a vampire. It definitely kept my attention and I was caught up in the story. I love the high stakes that author created for the characters and the devastating possibility that could come from them. A thril ...more
Jeff
I bought "Fallen Blood" because I love vampire novels. I really enjoyed this book. I can definitely see it being turned into a Hollywood motion picture.

Sharlow engages the reader with an exciting plot, about "Brian" a teen vampire who has a crush on a teenage girl named "Heather". "Fallen Blood" is a dangerous, mysterious, spellbinding love story. From the moment I started reading this book, I was not able to put it down. I was immediately drawn into the intriguing vampire world.
Kitty Honeycutt
MARTIN C. SHARLOW'S "FALLEN BLOOD" (REVIEW)

A Vampire named Brian falls for a human girl named Heather and finds himself going to extraordinary lengths to not only keep her safe but to make her fall for him. The only problem is when he's forced to reveal his true nature he has to take the chance on her being able to keep his secret and not finding him to be more of a monster than the ones she's running from.

-Kitty Bullard / Great Minds Think Aloud Book Club
Liesl Takle
I wasn't really impressed with this book as the writing style and errors were not good BUT it sucked me in. The end was much better than the beginning. We were given lots of things to be curious about but I wasn't driven to rush into the next book for answers. Perhaps down the track but not now. Still worth 3 star rating though as it did get pretty good.
Jackie Kunda
Who DIDN'T feel out of place in high school?? I've read a few vampire novels, and I found this one enjoyable. I really like the new angle of having the character be a "better" version of himself in the dreams of his unrequited love. It had depth to it, but was still an "easy" read. I'll be checking out more of the books in this series!
Shannon Hertz
It's nice to have a YA book from the male perspective. A little creepy with his use of mind control and his trying to control her via dreams though. Interesting enough I didn't stop reading it but not interesting enough to make me in any hurry to read the second one. It was just kind of ho-hum for me.
Abbie
Feb 22, 2013 Abbie rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: dnf
Sparkling vampires? It was bad enough when it was done the first time in Twilight. I was fighting the urge to put this down before that anyway because of how obsessed the main character was with the girl. (And the fact that i was bored to tears) But that was the cherry on the cake.
Wickedshizuku
Mar 21, 2015 Wickedshizuku is currently reading it
Interesting plot so far. Not a really big fan of the font that the paperback has, maybe it's different one on the ebook version?
Elaina Evans
It was ok, but not at all what I thought it was...
Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell
Some good ideas, but lacks some stuff ;)

marie
I liked it alot but it needed more depth.
Tabitha Ormiston-Smith
Two words. Proof. Read.
Lindsay
Nov 03, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Amazon Freebie 11/3/2012
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Nicola Ward
Nicola Ward marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Netanella
Netanella marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Terilyn Richardson
Terilyn Richardson marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
  • Blood Shattered (Shattered Series, #1)
  • Painfully Ordinary (The Lumina Saga)
  • Too Near The Edge (Cleo & Tyler Mysteries, #1)
  • The Goblin Market (Into the Green, #1)
  • Imperial Hostage (Destruction, #1)
  • Who Got Liz Gardner
  • Ghosts of Coronado Bay (Maya Blair Mysteries, #1)
  • Friends of Choice (Wings from Ashes, #1)
  • The End of the World
  • A Heart to Mend
  • The Vampire's Warden (Undead in Brown County, #1)
  • Seer of Mars (Vallar, #1)
  • Blood and Sunlight: A Maryland Vampire Story
  • Endgame (Voluntary Eradicators, #1)
  • The Prophecy (The Watchers Chronicles, #1)
  • Serenity (Afterlife,#2)
  • Breathless (The Cordelia Chronicles #1)
  • Dark Surrender

The Fallen (2 books)
  • Tainted Blood (The Fallen, #2)
Shades of Twilight Tainted Blood (The Fallen, #2) Shades of Blood Storytellers Sword: The joining