Start by marking “Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)

Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  114 ratings  ·  17 reviews
All are terrified of the ruthless legend of al Shahin--the Black Hawk. Sheikh Shahin Aswadi doesn't mind. It makes his job easier. He is one of the immortal shape-shifters who serve the ancient Egyptian god Set-Sutekh, and no human has dared approach his hidden oasis encampment for nearly a century.That is, until intrepid anthropologist Gemma Haliday comes sniffing around ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Nocturne #100, 281 pages
Published October 19th 2010 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Shadow of the Sheikh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow of the Sheikh

Lynsey A
I was a bit disappointed in this story after liking the first one so well. For some reason I did not connect to the hero or heroine. I didn't warm up to them at all. What really clinched it for me was the scene (view spoiler) ...more
Lyra Dimagiba
I got this book when I was wandering around a second-hand book shop. At first, I thought this is a stand-alone book. Then I began reading and found out that it was actually a trilogy.

Since I don't know where to buy the first book, I decided to just read it anyway.

I thought that reading the book without any knowledge about the first story will just confuse me, but I was wrong. I caught up with the story easily, so it was the first thing that made me like the book. The other was that it was writ
Alice Janell
I received this as an eARC back in September. I breezed through it pretty easily, and it wasn't until the very, very end that I realized I was reading a book that was part of a series.

"Shadow of the Sheikh" is book two of Nina Bruhns "Immortal Sheikhs" series. Though, honestly, you can definitely read "Shadow of the Sheikh" without reading the first book.

Be prepared for a bit of a let down, however. While you may not need to read book one, you'll definitely want to read book three -- "Shadow of
Nina Bruhns
Jul 11, 2010 Nina Bruhns rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
The Immortal Sheikhs, book 2

Sheikh Shahin Aswadi—the harbinger of death, a ghostly figure who rides the wind in the form of a powerful black hawk. No mortal has dared approach his hidden oasis encampment for nearly a century. They are all terrified by the ruthless legend of al Shahin.

All but intrepid anthropologist Gemma Haliday. Determined to find her missing sister, Gemma has foolishly disregarded the dire warnings of local villagers…and walks straight into a trap Shahin has laid for her.

He ta
Sandra
Middle book of the trilogy and it was a much better read than the first one.

We still have lots of Egyptology, ancient Gods, shapeshifting and a hungry vampire and our H/h this time Sheikh Shahin Aswadi, Leader of the Death Warriors and Gemma Halliday.

This book pays tribute to E.M. Hull The Sheik, which was a favourite of mine when I was a teenager.

If a war is to be averted between Light and Dark, Night and Day, then it is up to the Halliday sisters to prevail.

Ruthann Barrett
I absolutely loved this book. Too bad there isn't another one following the story.
Stacie
This is a continuation of the Immortal Sheikhs series of three sisters who meet shapeshifters in the Egyptian desert. While search for her lost sister, she meets Sheikh Shahin Aswadi who has the legend of being able to turn into a Black Hawk. Once she walks into his world, he keeps her and she can not go back. She does not realize that she is walking into a trap. Shahin thinks that he will just be with her until he tires of her. But then finds that he does not ever want to be without her.
Deanna
I found the story quite confusing. I think it would have helped if I had read the first instalment of the Immortal Sheikhs series. Perhaps then I would have better understood what was happening. I also don't think that the idea of immortal Egyptian royalty who are vampires that must feed on a mortal's blood once a year was believable for me. I guess I shouldn't read these kind of stories but I did give it a chance.
I read this trilogy out of order, starting with book 2 and working through book 3 (and have yet to read book 1).

Bruhns marries her love for Egypt and hieroglyphics with desert vampires and shape shifters, and viola! The Desert Trilogy that so far carries through with a 2.5 rating (unless book 1 changes that).
Angarad
My God, Shahin is way sexier than Rhys :)
I thought I was readying some kind of Romeo and Juliet adaptation which only leaves you wanting to lonw how it all ends
However I have to say I thought this was way too short and hoing too quickly.
Athena Braun
Slightly better than Lord of the desert..Things were explained more..To tell you the truth though nothing much happens..A ghost army yawn..I love reading about Egyptian romance and Sheikhs but this was Lukewarm at best..
Michelle Berry
Very silly, but entertaining.
Glynda Roy
I enjoyed this series. Start with first book Lord of the Desert, then this one, and last Vampire Sheikh. Very Good.
Marina
I give this 3 1/2 stars. It was good. The characters are great, nice storyline, overall nice romance.
Kiru Taye
I enjoyed this book. Will be checking out the other stories in the series.
April
It was really good, really leaves you hanging for bk 3
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Immortal Sheikhs
Janie
Janie marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Megan Jackson
Megan Jackson marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Sherry Sandlin
Sherry Sandlin marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Dorothya
Dorothya marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
  • Mistress of the Underground (Secret Vampire Society #4)
  • The Vampire Who Loved Me (Sons of Midnight #2)
  • The Shifters (The Keepers Trilogy #2)
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons #2)
  • The Vampire Affair
  • The Wolven (The Keepers Trilogy #3)
  • Renegade Angel (Hearts of the Fallen 0.4)
  • Lone Wolf  (The Pack #10)
  • The Slayer (Time Raiders #2)
  • Last of the Ravens
  • Incubus
  • Dark Crusade (Unbound #4)
  • The Shadow Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #9)
  • Alaskan Wolf (Alpha Force #1)
  • Taken
  • Vampire Vendetta (Vampire #2)
  • Poisoned Kisses (Mythica #3)
  • Fallen (Of Angels and Demons #2) (Harlequin Nocturne, #109)
New York Times and USA Today best selling author Nina Bruhns is an avid world traveler and adventurer with two graduate degrees in archaeology -- all great fodder for her stories, giving them broad dimension, vivid settings and characters that are out of the ordinary. In addition to hitting both the NY Times and USA Today bestseller lists, her novels have earned two RITA nominations, and won numer ...more
More about Nina Bruhns...
Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1) A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3) If Looks Could Chill (Passion For Danger, #2) Red Heat (Men In Uniform, #1) Catch Me If You Can (New Orleans Trilogy, #1)