When All My Dreams Come True (Colorado Runaway, #1)

When All My Dreams Come True (Colorado Runaway #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  432 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Bobbie McIntyre dreams of running a ranch of her own. Raised without a mother and having spent most of her time around men, she knows more about wrangling than acting like a lady. The friendship of her new employer awakens a desire to learn more about presenting her feminine side, but ranch life keeps getting in the way.
Published February 1st 2011 by Harvest House Publishers (first published January 4th 2011)

Anitamaedraper
This book packs a wallop between its pages. The story is set among the mountains of 1872 Colorado Territory. Lots of space with plenty of rocks and trees to offer rustlers something to hide behind.

The story starts in the middle of an action scene and there’s plenty more between the pages on account of all the bank robbers and rustlers. Suspense and suspicion are maintained so you don’t really know who the bad guys are or how they’re involved until the end.

I like that the heroine, Bobbie McInt...more
Karen Witemeyer
If you love non-stop action, gritty heroines, and rugged cowboys with godly values, this is the book for you. Janelle Mowery has crafted a fast-moving tale filled with cattle rustling, bank robbing, and even a mountain lion thrown in for good measure.

Bobbie McIntyre is a tomboy heroine who can out-ride, out-shoot, and nearly out-wrangle any man she comes up against. Jace Kincaid is a godly man determined to make his father's ranch succeed but is beset by crisis after crisis. Thrown together unwi...more
TJ
Really 2.5/5.0, rounded up.

I really hate giving a book a lower rating than a three if there is not something in particular that I really dislike. There isn't anything wrong with this book, it just isn't very well done and all those little "not very good" things add up to an "Eeh" and a shrug.

Here's the gist. The story is so-so, the writing elementary, the plot - while promising - never succeeds in grabbing one's attention enough to invest in the outcome and the Christian message overshadowed th...more
Tausha
4.5

I really liked this one. There were several preachy parts yet I understand how it was part of Bobbie figuring out who she was. I am always drawn to the tough cowgirl who would rather be outside on a horse rather than inside the house cooking and cleaning. ( I relate!!) Fun story! Quick, clean read!
Jenni C
Pros: This book was somewhat entertaining...the idea of a female wrangler is original...the author held a coherent story and I liked the characters. Good plot twists and mystery.

Cons: (Not really a con)...but the book is very preachy...Religion is a heavy part of the story line which may or may not appeal to most audiences. I was not expecting it to be THAT much a part of the storyline, but it is. Even though the plot had a lot of twists, I did find myself wanting to fast forward to the end.

De...more
Janine
“When All My Dreams Come True” by Janelle Mowery is the first book in her 'Colorado Runaway' series and the first book I have read by Ms. Mowery. I have to say I can't wait to dig into the rest of the series in the next day or so for I just couldn't put the book down. This is a book that I have picked up one other time before at the library but time ran out before I read it so I picked it up again when I needed more reading material, and now I am completely kicking myself for not making time bef...more
Title: WHEN ALL MY DREAMS COME TRUE
Author: Janelle Mowery
Publisher: Harvest House Publishers
February 2011
ISBN: 978-0-7369-2807-6
Genre: Inspirational/historical

Bobbie McIntyre lost both her parents within a short span of time. Dislocated and orphaned she is sent to work as a ranch-hand for Jace Kincaid. But when she arrives on Jace’s ranch, she is shocked to find Jace and his man threatening to hang her for stealing cattle. She managed to talk him into hiring him on, and trying to break in his pr...more
Janalyn Voigt
When Jace Kincaid hires a new wrangler he expects a man rather than a woman who can ride and rope with the best of ’em. Bobbie McIntyre is quite a proposition for a beleaguered rancher to take on. He has enough to think about already with cattle rustlers thinning his herd. Still, he admires Bobbie’s grit, and there’s no question she’s a great ranch hand. Now if she’d just stop getting under his skin.
Bobbie grew up without a mother, so she’s more comfortable in trousers than dresses. Why, all of...more
ACS Book-finder
The setting of this story is on a Colorado ranch. The young rancher is struggling to keep the family ranch alive after the death of both his parents. He is faced with seemingly endless problems of cattle rustlers. The funny thing is no other rancher is being targeted by the rustlers. Then walks in his latest hire who turns out to be a woman by the name of Bobbie that can outshoot and out rope any of his other ranch hands.

He soon discovers her need to know Christ. He seeks to win her heart not o...more
Brenda
If your a fan of historical western romance, that also has a strong christian message woven in then your going to be in for a real treat when you pick up the action packed "When All My Dreams Come True," the first book in the Colorado Runaway Series by Janelle Mowery.

Talk about working in a male dominated world, that's just what Bobbie McIntyre does. She is a cowboy errr cowgirl who was taught by her father to rope and wrangle, but when he dies Bobbie decides its time to leave the ranch where he...more
Carla Stewart
In this first book in the Colorado Runaway series, Bobbie McIntyre and Jace Kincaid have one thing in common – they both love cattle ranching. Bobbie’s dream is to own her own ranch one day; Jace wants to prove he can run his successfully after the death of his parents. When Bobbie shows up wanting a job at Jace’s ranch, Jace is hesitant to hire a girl wrangler, but Bobbie proves herself to be knowledgeable and competent. As Bobbie is taken under the wings of Jace’s sister, her feminine side eme...more
Michelle
More like 4.5 stars

This was a very enjoyable book with a sweet romance thread in it. I liked how the author used the fact that the ranch hand was female to enhance the tension in the story, but did it in a subtle way. I also loved not knowing who the bad guys were for a majority of the book. The faith thread was strong, and most likely would be understood best by Christians, but I loved how the author made it clear that doing good things isn't what saves you. Well done.

The hero in this story wa...more
Donna
this is a well written book that has a strong story line. It is considered a christian romance and has many religious moments.

Ranch owner Jace Kincaid figures the Lord is testin...more
Abigail
3.5 While there was obviously plenty of difference in the particulars (such as a tomboy girl cowhand in this book vs. a now-penniless rich girl learning to be a rancher's wife in the other), there was, for my taste, too much similarity with A Hopeful Heart, by Kim Vogel Sawyer, in the driving plot force: both have a ranch slowly being destroyed by rustling and (view spoiler).

If you like the genre, or don't mind some broad...more
Babs
Bobbie McIntyre meets up with 2 wrong men trying to take her out. After talking to one another she meets Jace the ranch owner she is supposed to work for. Jace in turns meets a girl instead of a boy that was supposed to come work for him. They thought she was the cattle rustler that has been attacking Jace's cattle. Jace's family takes Bobbie in to live in the house as she can not stay with the other hands in the bunkhouse. As time goes on Bobbie proves herself until someone says she is a bankro...more
Amber Stokes
With lots of action and a sweet romance, When All My Dreams Come True kept me from having many dreams as I stayed up very late in order to finish the book all in one night! From the opening chase scene to the various attempts on Jace's and Bobbie's lives, it was easy to speed through this book with all the stamina of a wild horse.

Although the premise of this story, with a female wrangler hounded by danger and caught by love, is not as original nowadays, Mowery still manages a fresh take on this...more
Debbie Lynne
I fell in love with Bobbie and Jace right off the first pages. This is a true western, not just a story set in the west. It has cattle rustling, gunfights, fires, cattle drives. It's a terrific story. Janelle Mowerey did a wonderful job developing the characters. The setting was well written, enough so, that I felt like I could get around there myself. The pace was excellent. I didn't want to put the book down. There just wasn't a good place to! I had to turn the page to find out what else was g...more
Angel **Book Junkie**
****************** Stats **********************
Hero : 4 Heroine : 5 Peak Factor:3 Plot:4 Writing:4
**********************************************
Overall Star rating: 4

If you do not like christian chic lit then this is NOT the book for you. The Heroine I loved Bobbi. I love a strong woman who is ready and willing to face a man head on. I sympathized through her pain and felt the book as I read it. I love Jace he was a good Christian man. The only reason I did not rate the book higher is because t...more
Sandra
Jul 21, 2011 Sandra rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a historical western setting
When All My Dreams Come True is a good example of making life tough for a character...and then making it tougher. The action in this novel never stops. It starts on the first page with the opening lines, "I'll be dead in a minute. Maybe less." How can you close the cover on words like that? From the very beginning, Bobbie fights for her future---her life , while Jace fights to keep the ranch he inherited from his father and protect Bobbie. This is a western mystery that keeps the reader guessing...more
Shellie
Fun little story! Bobbie wants to own a ranch of her own. Problem is, she is a 'her' and not a 'him'. She is hired on as a ranch hand and soon discovers that Jace Kincaid's ranch is the target of some mischief and malice. Soon, Bobbie finds herself right in the middle of it all with no where to go. Now, she has to prove she can help out all the while Jace is trying protect her as he would any of his other employees....accept he is falling in love with her.
Samantha
I didn't like this book as much as I'd expected to; it was kind of predictable and somewhat unrealistic. The dialogue didn't sound real; instead, it sounded forced at times. However, I did like the plot and the characters were developed enough. I did like how the characters grew and changed over the course of the story but I feel that there wasn't enough depth even at the end. Although I enjoyed this book, it just didn't have the same impact on me as most others.
Sherry
Mostly predictable, but in a true-to-its-genre kind of way. Very enjoyable.
Gail Starr
Western stories are not my typical style of choice, but this was a very good book. Bobbi is a female hired hand for a rancher in the late 1800's. She loves being out in the open and working with horses which is not typical of the era, especially a female wearing pants and working with the men. There's intrique in the story, cattle rustling, false accusations against Bobbi, attempted murder, romance, friendship and faith.
Natalie
Was surprized by this book,didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did,and am looking foward to the next book that will be coming out in the fall. This book is set in the west with a female wrangler who was hired on at a ranch.the story line includes,bank robbery,cattle wrestling,some lighter moments with the ranch hands and of course romance,throughly enjoyed this book!
Joanne Chatterton
This book started with a bang right from the first couple pages. I enjoyed the way events played out and the intersection of the siblings was believable. I don't want to give any spoilers, but I think I would have preferred the book ended a little differently than it did.
Aimee
I was in the mood for a good western set romance. There was a lot of rustle 'em up action in this book. Strong female lead. Christian fiction for sure, but clean and easy reading. I'd give it 3.5 stars if I could.
Kari
I like books with a cowboy type theme, so this was pretty interesting to me. The story could have been told in far fewer pages, however. It was repetitive in many places, so it got a little boring at times.
Maiya
I couldn't get myself to finish this book. I would not recommend this book to anyone who loves adventure, like me. It was very slow going and had a predictable plot. A very fluffy, boring book.
Tanya
Interesting story about a girl who is a cowgirl during a time when women typically stay around the house. It has a love story and a mystery element.
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Girl becomes ranch hand
In old time Colorado
Falls for ranch owner

A little far fetched
Couldn't suspend disbelief
Christian--too preachy
  • The Vigilante's Bride (Texas Rangers #1)
  • Lady in the Mist (The Midwives, #1)
  • Embers of Love (Striking a Match, #1)
  • Prairie Rose (A Town Called Hope, #1)
  • Love Finds You in Homestead, Iowa
  • Surrender the Wind
  • No Place for a Lady (Heart of the West, #1)
  • A Measure of Mercy (Home to Blessing, #1)
  • Before the Season Ends
  • A Texan's Promise (Heart of a Hero #1)
  • To Love Anew (Sydney Cove, #1)
  • The Voyage of Promise (Grace in Africa, #2)
  • Ransomed Dreams
  • Finally a Bride (Texas Boardinghouse Brides #3)
  • Making Waves (Lake Manawa Summers #1)
  • A Hearth in Candlewood (Candlewood Trilogy, #1)
  • From Ashes to Honor (First Responders #1)
  • A Vote of Confidence (Sisters of Bethlehem Springs, #1)
Janelle Mowery became a member of American Christian Fiction Writers in the year 2002 and is an active member in one of their critique groups. She has written a number of historicals, one which finalled in the 2003 Noble Theme contest. In 2004, she had a short story titled ‘A Fair Chance’ published in the e-magazine, Romancing the Christian Heart. In 2005, her third novel, entered in the San Gabri...more
More about Janelle Mowery...
Love Finds You in Silver City, Idaho When Two Hearts Meet (Colorado Runaway, #3) When Love Gets in the Way (Colorado Runaway, #2) Always Remembered (American Tapestries) Showdown at Barncastle Inn

“Jace leaned down. 'Are you crying?'
'No.' She looked away and swiped her sleeve cross her face. 'Just leaking happiness.”
3 likes