Start by marking “Bitten to Death (Jaz Parks, #4)” as Want to Read:
Bitten to Death (Jaz Parks, #4)

Bitten to Death (Jaz Parks #4)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  4,252 ratings  ·  147 reviews

Jaz Parks here.

My latest mission has taken me to the ancient Greek city of Patras; but instead of soaking up its splendor, I'm here to infiltrate a Vampere Trust.

Only two vamps have ever escaped the tightly bound communities and lived to tell the tale: Edward "The Raptor" Samos, the most reviled criminal mastermind in recent memory, and Vayl, the CIA's number one assassin,
Published (first published August 12th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Bitten to Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bitten to Death

AH
Disclosure: I secretly enjoy this series. It reminds me of a favorite TV series – Alias, only with paranormal creatures.

This installment pits Jaz’s crew against a scary and get this – tentacled – vampire Disa in creepy castle extraordinaire. Jaz, Vayl, and Dave are supposed to meet Hamon Eryx at said creepy castle, but he is nowhere to be found. Instead, they are greeted by Disa and her vampire posse.

Jaz finds out some rather disconcerting news about Vayl, news that threatens their budding roma
The Flooze
Oh, Jaz Parks. Why do I have such a difficult time with you?

In this installment, we learn more about Vayl's past as he and Jaz visit his former Vampere Trust. Nothing goes according to plan on this mission, but when does it ever?

Rardin's world of CIA assassins and vampire bonds has potential, which I suppose is why I keep reading. But this book, like the others, strikes me as "almost"--there's almost character growth, the plots are almost detailed, the action is almost exciting...

Four books in a
Bookwatcher
Another good book of this serie but I was obligated to give only 3 stars.

I miss a lot some Jaz Parks characters that don't appears on this book, and that was really a pity (and I believe that anyone how is following this serie will agree)

Some technical observations of this book:
1) It's only Jaz (obviously, as she still is the only narrator), Vayl and Dave on this story.
2) The story is very good! Jennifer Rardin is really a amazing writer and this book is the prove. It's a tough task to create
Felicia
This book was very confusing. I really liked the first three of this series, but the dots between the emotional arcs of the characters was very muddy in this one. Also, the two main characters need to get it on already, LOL.
Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)
Originally posted at The Book Nympho

Bitten to Death is the fourth book in the Jaz Parks series by Jennifer Rardin. This one like the 3rd book was a little slow in my opinion. There was not enough action and I kept waiting for something to happen between Jaz and Vayl. I understand this is an Urban Fantasy series and the romance part isnotusually "in-your-face" like in paranormal romance but come on, four books and still no hanky-panicky?! I'm sure I am feeling just a frustrated as Vayl.

In Bitten
Kt
Jaz, Vayl and Dave are teamed up in this installment to enter into an agreement with a Vampere Trust in orfer to get a shot at their number one target, The Raptor. This particular Trust holds particular danger for Vayl as it was the very one he escaped from a very long time ago. Not only is animosity towards him high, but one member in particular has her sights set on Vayl. Jaz and Vayl have face a lot in the past, but the tangled web being weaved may just be enough to ensnare them for good.

This
Melliane

Mon avis en français

My English review

Quand je pense que ça fait un temps fou que je n’ai pas lu de Jaz Parks… J’avoue que je voulais vraiment lire ce tome en français étant donné que je les ai tous dans cette langue. Mais finalement il est vrai que j’ai attendu vraiment longtemps et j’ai oublié aussi pas mal de choses au sujet de l’histoire. Je ne sais pas si c’était finalement une bonne idée, j’aurais peut-être dû passer à la VO. Mais c’est vrai que je me pose la question une nouvelle fois main
Jenna
I love this series. It's a good mix of sarcasm, love, FBI-esque action, and vampires. Not to mention that Jas is one of the funniest characters in a book i've ever read.
Melanie S.
Ich wollte das Buch so lieben, aber dafür stand einfach zu viel im Weg. Der Einstieg fiel mir ja besonders schwer - man wird mitten in die Handlung geworfen, es gibt keine Rückblicke, mit Namen etc. wird um sich geworfen. Zum Problem wurde das, weil es Jahre her ist, dass ich den dritten Teil gelesen habe. Und ich da noch auf Deutsch gelesen habe und man die Unterschiede schon merkt bzw. dass man bei einigen Dingen erst umdenken muss.
Dazu kommt, dass sich die Charaktere hier so untypisch verhal
Tabitha (Lovely Books Blog)
Read more reviews like this at http://lovelybooksblog.blogspot.com!

It’s been so long since I read the last book in the Jaz Parks series that I’d almost forgotten what an absolutely fantastic series this is! By far one of the better series in the paranormal genre I just can’t get enough of the heart stopping action, romance, and paranormal creatures. Rardin has a great talent for creating realistic paranormal characters and, at the same time, keeping them from becoming as cheesy as they sometimes
Morgan
More of a 3.5 BUT it is mostly just due to a couple of factors.

- Severe lack of Cole. Other than some text messages he is mostly absent.
- Bergman and Cassandra are also missing.
- Dysa makes me angry deep in my special angry place. She is what I imagine those little girls from Toddlers & Tiaras will grow up to be like. She was just such a spoiled brat which ruined a lot of her badassery since she was set up as the 'big bad' of this book.
- Dave is the only 'side-kick'.

+ More slowly ramping up
Larissa
Series Rating: 4 out of 5 starts!
This is a Series Review:

A kick-ass heroine, a hot vampire boss, quirky and fun sidekicks and a lot of action and adventure… What else can you ask of an Urban Fantasy series? The Jaz Parks series by Jennifer Rardin definitely has all that and so much more.

Jaz is an assassin’s assistant for the CIA. She works for Vayl, a Vampire who was killed by his Vampire wife almost 300 years ago. From the start we get to see that they have a great working relationship that has
Julie H.
Jaz, Vayl, and Dave are in Greece working with Vayl's former Trust (think vampire nest) in an effort to resolve its compromised line of succession which has become entangled by an agreement of some sort with their longtime nemesis Edward Samos. Things are not what they seem and even the very house seems to be working magic against the team. Dave is drinking and very much off his game, Cole is texting every five minutes from his first solo mission halfway around the globe, and Jaz is uncharacteri ...more
Amy A
This, so far, is the best in the series. Set in Greece, Bitten to Death takes us back to Vayl's Trust (similar to a coven, just with Vampires). In this installment we get more of a glimpse into Vayl's past before he started working for the CIA. There's finally an opportunity to get to Samos but they need a breif alliance with the Trust. Little do they know, but things aren't going to go quite as planned.

In this book e get Jaz, Vayl, and Dave teamed up. The rest of our group are off the page for
Khalia Hades

This
Martina the Book Fairy
I chose to read this book just a few days ago after hearing about the unexpected death of the author this past Monday, Sept 20. Jennifer, your fans will sorely miss you! Rest in peace.

The series is urban fantasy with enough simmering, teasing sexual tension to keep us PNR lovers happy. Jaz is a special agent for a paranormal division of the government. Not too long ago a mission went very badly - Jaz died but came back with strange new powers. Now she's working in an even more secret division a
Jane
I've tried to like Jaz Parks, I really have but to me she just isn't that likeable. I mean, she's okay, there's just such a lot of things she says and does which fall under the category of really rather irritating. Having said that, these books are starting to look up a little. The plot for this one revolves around yet another improbable scenario and whilst I know I'm reading urban fantasy and expect there to be the elements there something doesn't work for me and I'm not sure why.

Actually I do
Vannessa
In this 4th book of the Jaz Parks series, Jaz, Vayl, hr vampire boss/lover and her brother Dave are still on the trail of Edward "The Raptor" Samos and this time find themselves in Greece to team up with Vayl's old Vampere Trust, who have agreed to help locate Samos. When they arrive, they find out that the Deyrar, the leader of the Trust is not whom they thought it was. Instead it is Disa, the only vampire Vayl has ever turned and boy does she turn out to be the bitch from hell!

The night the g
The Raptor is trying to take over Vayl's old vampire Trust, the leader has asked for Vayl's help and he and Jaz are determined to take down the enemy they have spent so long hunting. As they arrive at the Trust they realise that not everything is as it seems, the former leader is missing and the person who has taken over has her sights set firmly on Vayl. Can Jaz keep hold of her man or will he be led into temptation by an old acquaintance? And, can they finally take down The Raptor?

Bitten to De
Jessa
I have been extremely fond of this series and that has just continued with Bitten to Death. In book four Jaz and Vayl are teamed up with her brother Dave, who has some issues to work out after Biting the Bullet. Jaz is desperately trying to bring him back from the edge, while covering Vayl's back as they go to investigate dangerous happenings at his old Trust, all while trying to maintain her own sanity. Setting up the team differently from the last three books (keeping Cassandra, Bergman and Co ...more
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Jan 23, 2011 Angie (Mind Malfunction) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: UF Fans, Supernatural Bond Fans, Jaz Parks Fans
First Read: JAN 20/2011

This series just keeps getting better. I love Jasmine and Vayl working and flirting together. The heat between them is explosive and if they don't do something soon - they're bound to explode!

Jaz is a smart, sassy, short fused, emotionally disturbed, crazy CIA agent. Vayl is a 290 year old vampire who is aesthetic perfection, but is just as emotionally disturbed as Jasmine. I firmly believe they'll get their HEA and I'm just waiting for it to happen.

It's nice to see Jaz o
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Jaz, Vayl and David travel to Pantras, to Vayl’s former vampere Trust with the hopes of finally taking out Edward “The Raptor” Stamos. They struck an agreement with the Trust’s Deyrar, Hamon, to ambush Stamos during an agreed-upon meeting. Everything’s set and should run smoothly but this is Jaz Parks we’re talking about and nothing is that simple in her life. Upon arriving at the Trust the gang discovers that the Trust has a new leader with deep & tangled ties to Vayl. Can Jaz & Vayl ov ...more
Cirilai
Jaz Parks est une série que j'aime beaucoup. Elle réunit tout ce que j'aime en matière de Bit-Lit, c'est-à-dire une héroïne qui ne manque pas de caractère, un vampire charismatique, une histoire d'amour compliquée, de l'action, des personnages secondaires sympathiques et des intrigues avec des créatures surnaturelles en tout genre. Je trouve que Jennifer Rardin a su trouver le bon équilibre entre tous ces ingrédients et le mélange est pour moi une réussite.

On retrouve dans ce tome notre Jaz et
Miki
Vous pouvez retrouvez cet avis dans son intégralité sur mon blog Lecture Toute une Aventure où il a été publié en premier.

Style:
Jennifer Rardin avait vraiment la plume pour ce genre de récit, l’histoire est captivante et les aspects psychologiques qui définissent ses personnages sont bien documentés et institué dans le cours de l’histoire. L’intrigue principale, parsemée d’intrigues secondaires, est bien ficelée et Jennifer nous entraîne dans son univers très facilement.
L’humour est toujours
Karissa
This is the fourth book in the Jaz Parks series by Jennifer Rardin. It was pretty much on par with the third book of the series as far as quality goes. I am still enjoying these books but I thought that this book was marginally less great than the other books.

In this book Jaz, Vayl and David return to Vayl's old Vampere Trust. They have an agreement with the leader of the Trust that they hope will lead to the assassination of Edward Samos, the Raptor. Unfortunately when they arrive they find tha
Amanda The Book Slayer
Another excellent addition to the Jaz Parks Series! Re-Read worthy!!!

Recommend: Jaz Parks fans. Think Jason Bourne meets Cat and Bones it makes for one intense ride.

Highlights:
*They have to visit Vayl's former Trust in order to take Edward Samos out.
*All hell breaks loose when Jaz meets up with Disa, Vayl's former mate and lover. Sparks fly and fires follow and not the way you think.
*The house has a life of it's own. Stephen King would be proud.
*Jaz meets and enlists the help of werewolves and w
Seth
Quite a turn-around for the series. This book takes most of the friends away to off-stage stuff and lets us focus back on Jaz and Vayle, with her brother around for some much-needed contrast.

The three are in Italy at the compound of a small group of vampires that Vayle has a complicated history with, supposedly working with them to set a trap for Samos, the big bad guy behind the smaller bad guys of the past 3 books. We get vampire politics, Vayle's complicated history, David's shell-shock from
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Plot Summary: Jaz faces family issues as her brother's career is put in jeopardy and her father's sanity lies in question. In addition, the battle with The Raptor continues in Patras, Greece, where a new player arrives as the team meets a woman with ties to Vayl's past.

Jaz's latest mission has taken her to the ancient Greek city of Patras; but instead of soaking up its splendor, she's supposed to to infiltrate a Vampere Trust. Only two vamps have ever escaped the tightly bound communities and li
Emina
alyson and alysha
Bitten again

Great novel with unexpected turns and twists such in bring into the mix werewolves backing with werebears, sweet. More kissing between Vayl and Jas nice but they need to get serious in the next novel. Even with the age different when did that a vamp from getting serious with their mate. I know they both have hang- ups but give your reader's a brake and get on with it. I still suggest newcomers to Jaz Parks novels to come on board and start reading the trilogy.
  • Dayhunter (Dark Days, #2)
  • Hallowed Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #2)
  • Hunter's Prayer (Jill Kismet, #2)
  • The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2)
  • Tall, Dark & Fangsome (Immortality Bites, #5)
  • X-Rated Bloodsuckers (Felix Gomez, #2)
  • Kitty's House of Horrors (Kitty Norville, #7)
  • Last Vampire Standing (Oldest City Vampire, #2)
  • Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3)
  • The Vampire's Kiss (Savannah Vampire, #3)
  • The Watcher  (Anna Strong Chronicles, #3)
  • On the Prowl (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #2)
  • Burning Bridges (Retrievers, #4)
I’ve spent all my life in the Midwest, which has certainly shaped my perspective on all kinds of issues, from the question of whether or not we really have an accent, to the many and varied uses of corn.

I was born in Evansville, Indiana on April 28, 1965. Mom tells me almost every year what crappy weather it was that day. However I like to think of my birthday as the first frost-free date for my p
More about Jennifer Rardin...

Jaz Parks (8 books)
  • Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Jaz Parks, #1)
  • Another One Bites the Dust (Jaz Parks, #2)
  • Biting the Bullet (Jaz Parks, #3)
  • One More Bite (Jaz Parks, #5)
  • Bite Marks (Jaz Parks, #6)
  • Bitten in Two (Jaz Parks, #7)
  • The Deadliest Bite (Jaz Parks, #8)
Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Jaz Parks, #1) Another One Bites the Dust (Jaz Parks, #2) Biting the Bullet (Jaz Parks, #3) One More Bite (Jaz Parks, #5) Bite Marks (Jaz Parks, #6)

“Your father sounds frightening," Trayton said.

"He once made a general cry."

"No."

"I shit you not. The guy had to retire after that. I mean, really, who's going to follow your orders after some damn colonel's reduced you to tears?”
80 likes
“Is your butt buzzing?"

Cole, you have the worst timing! I jerked upright, tring to pull my phone out of my pocket and managing instead to bang my elbow against the wall.
Ow! Oh, shit that hurts! You know, the guy who decided it should be a funny bone was just a freaking masochist. Or is it a sadist? I always get those mixed up.”
35 likes