Start by marking “Nobody Knows” as Want to Read:
Nobody Knows

Nobody Knows (KEY News #5)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  1,095 ratings  ·  64 reviews
Cassie Sheridan has all a television news reporter could want: an important beat in Washington D.C., a skyrocketing career, and a talent that everyone acknowledges. But then, she makes a critical mistake. Suddenly, her career is in shambles, her credibility is questioned, and her teenaged daughter makes her realize just how much time she hasn't spent with her. The repercus ...more
Published April 1st 2007 by St. Martin's Press (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Nobody Knows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nobody Knows

Joy
MJC knows how to catch her readers' attention - and keeps it. Another novel with a spine-tingling twist and lots of misleading clues, here's a good mystery if you want one. This is another one of her novels where the heroine is a KEY news broadcast journalist. I always enjoy reading about them, all of them have family issues due to their work. Just when Cassie thought she could spend time with her daughter, to somehow fix their broken ties, she gets an assignment and so, mother-daughter-day gone ...more
Gina
Apr 11, 2013 Gina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Gloria Johnson
This is the fifth in the Key News series, and once again Cassie is covering breaking news. This time, however, she is in Miami, having been temporarily reassigned (or should we say "banished") pending the outcome of a law suit against her and her News show. Stuck with covering less important news stories, she is sent to Sarasota to report on the possible hurricane heading in that direction. She finds herself in the middle of a murder mystery, coming to light when a little boy finds a severed han ...more
Lyndi
This book had some moments of goodness but just couldn't hold my attention...
Tracey T
Another "couldn't put it down" page turner from MaryJane Clark. Just when I think I've figured it out, I realize I'm wrong. Just the right amount of characters with interesting back stories. The friendship between young Vincent and the aged Gideon was heartwarming even if a little off-balance at times. Good amount of heart in this one.
Off to the library for another MJC book!

Jean Brandenburg
This was a good mystery, maybe not quite a 5 star, but more than a 4. There were several people I thought were the bad guy, so it kept me guessing. The story begins with a poor boy finding a severed hand with a valuable ring on it. You go through a reporter and a hurricane as well. I liked it.
Pam
I had never heard of Mary Jane Clark. I really enjoyed her book, and if anyone likes thrillers, this was a good one. It kept me interested, and I finished it in a day and a half. I would like to read some of her previous books.
Dawn Leitheuser
Not a bad read at all. Love Vincent he is quite the little trouble seeker. Cassie you root for. The plot was great, I kept thinking I knew who it was to find out that was a little detour to who it really was. Well written
Denise
A good mystery. I liked the story of Cassie. I also liked Vincent in the story as well as some of the other characters. The story kept me guessing. I could have done without the adult entertainment part though.
Heather Leach
I very much enjoyed every twist and turn in this engaging story. And now that I see this book is part of a series, I am excited to look for the other books in the series.
Jenn
This book was exciting and intriguing. There were some really likeable characters and some despicable ones. I just love MJCs books. She always keeps me guessing on who the bad guy is. As usual I didn't figure it out and I love that's. This is one of my favorite series.
Kelli
I love that the author sets up so many suspects. I rarely guess who the killer is in her books!
Helena Lawler
Couldn't put it down and now I am depressed it is over. I will read more from this author. LOVED IT
Balkiss Sltii
Bref, tres décue. c'est sans goût avec une héroine tout sauf attachante..
Nicole
Aug 27, 2015 Nicole marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
have
Nicole Denekamp
Just a good old fashioned murder mystery.
Suzanne
As the mother of a child with special needs, I liked that one of the heroes of the story was an 11 year-old boy with a sibling with special needs (cystic fibrosis). I felt that Clark captured the feelings of responsibility and resentment that such kids experience.

The writing itself is nothing special, but the book is fast-paced and it's fun to have a look the inner workings of TV news organizations. (The main character is a newscaster reduced to reporting on hurricanes in Sarasota.)
133skylar
Though the beginning was a little slow and confusing, the book as a whole turned out to be super interesting, and I found myself lost in it quite a bit. The mystery and secrets make it super enticing! I loved how I could relate to the book's setting so well speaking that I vacation several times a year in Sarasota and Siesta Key. The book really tied together, and it totally made sense in the end. I would say it was very well executed.
Jeanie Mccarthy Pityinger
This is a new author for me - the summary on the back of the book sounded promising and I WAS NOT disappointed! Wow, what an excellent mystery. There were so many people who I thought could've been the do-er, what a shock at the end at who had really done-it. And there were a couple of mysteries going on at the same time. I loved the charecters, the setting, everything. Can't wait to get my hand on more by M J Clark :D
bookczuk
Took a break from Kavalier and Clay for a quick dip into this book (K&C is great by the way, but I was really tired and could concentrate on all the details!) This was just the ticket for a little breather, a little escapist mystery that wasn't to hard to predict but with enough little quirks to keep it interesting.

Living in a hurricane prone area it was interesting to see how another area prepares for an onslaught.
Darlene Roy
This book held my interest right away since I live in Florida I know the Sarasota area and it was fun to read a book talking about places I have been. The story was interesting and I read the book in less than a week. You keep turning pages to see what happens next and a hurricane is coming adding to the excitement. Has all the eliments of a well written murder mystery... Recommend it as a good summer read.
Gloria
This is a fast-paced book, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It is set in Sarasota, where I live , which made it more interesting to me. There are several characters including children, that touch your heart, and the ending is satisfactory. Part of the book is concerned with preparations for a hurricane, and is told well. I will probably look for another Mary Jane Clark novel to read.
Kristen
This is a great thriller with short chapters for a quick and easy read. Nice tension, good drama and plenty of action. A good three day read. (P.S. Next weekend, I'll be able to request books and place bonus authors on my queue. I'll be at 22, close enough to 20. I should be done with my summer reads in November and request 10 books at a time, reading 2-3 a day, until I'm all caught up.)
nora
a good mystery, but also i really liked it because the mystery takes place within blocks of where i am in florida right now! the book mentions streets and places i know so well, that made it a really fun read for me. i will be sure to pass this book on to the locals, they will love reading about our town of sarasota.
Becky
This is the first book I've read from this author. I was just perusing the library shelves and picked it out from the cover art. Okay...I can hear you groan.

It's not bad. Not very complicated, but Clark utilizes lots of characters and potential red herrings, but these distractions weren't too annoying.

Chelsea
The way this book was written was harder for me to follow. Instead of coming from 1 or 2 people's versions. It comes from almost every person in the book, segmenting the storyline. I found it difficult to stay attached to the story, though it was good. A murder mystery style suspense.
Francesca Hurley
this was not exactly a book i would pick up randomly, yet i still did. i thought it was one auther, but it was a completely different auther.anyway, it was okay, but i didn't really understand it much, except the fact that it was a mystery.
Marianne Stehr
This book reads great, always keeps you guessing, but once all is revealed, there is nothing else. There is no wrap up, no explaination for all of the mystery around all opf the suspects, left you needing more.
Carter
Takes place in my hometown of Sarasota. I'm not a big mystery fan, but it was fun to read about the places I have been to often. I do have to say that the ending caught me pretty much by surprise.
  • Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9)
  • The Second Time Around
  • The River Killings (A Zoe Hayes Mystery #2)
  • Fortune
  • Fit to Die (A Supper Club Mystery, #2)
Mary Jane Clark is the author of thirteen novels, including 12 in the KEY News media thriller series, and one in her new Wedding Cake mystery series. A veteran writer and producer for CBS News, Clark worked for almost three decades at the network’s New York City headquarters. Her books are published in twenty-three languages. She lives in New Jersey and Florida.

Clark's former mother-in-law and sis
More about Mary Jane Clark...

KEY News (10 books)
  • Do You Want To Know A Secret? (KEY News #1)
  • Do You Promise Not To Tell? (KEY News #2)
  • Let Me Whisper In Your Ear (KEY News #3)
  • Close to You (KEY News #4)
  • Nowhere to Run (KEY News #6)
  • Hide Yourself Away (KEY News #7)
  • Dancing in the Dark (KEY News #8)
  • Lights Out Tonight (KEY News, #9)
  • Dying for Mercy (KEY News #10)
To Have and to Kill (Wedding Cake Mystery, #1) Do You Want To Know A Secret? (KEY News #1) When Day Breaks (Sunrise Suspense Society #1) It Only Takes a Moment (Sunrise Suspense Society #2) Footprints in the Sand (Wedding Cake Mystery, #3)