Start by marking “Welcome To Camp Nightmare (Classic Goosebumps, #14) (Goosebumps, #9)” as Want to Read:
Welcome To Camp Nightmare (Classic Goosebumps, #14) (Goosebumps, #9)

Welcome To Camp Nightmare (Classic Goosebumps, #14) (Goosebumps #9)

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  9,775 Ratings  ·  223 Reviews
The food isn't great. The counselors are a little strange. And the camp director seems demented. Billy can handle all that. But then strange things start to happen after dark, his parents won't answer his letters, and his fellow campers start to disappear. What's going on? Reissue.
Library Binding, 160 pages
Published April 1st 2010 by Turtleback (first published 1992)

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome To Camp Nightmare (Classic Goosebumps, #14)

Justin Padilla
more concise. (January 2010)

Billy has just been sent off to Camp Nightmoon by his mom and dad. While on the bus to camp, Billy encounters many characters, such as Mike, the fat kid who's scared of everything; Colin, who wears sunglasses and a red bandana around his long brown hair; Jay, the jockish kid with wild curly red hair and Dawn and Dori, two girls from the Girl Camp faction of Camp Nightmoon. The busdriver stops the vehicle in the middle of a desert on the way to the camp and orders eve
Sally906
Jan 02, 2015 Sally906 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, childrens
I avoid the horror genre like the plague so when I am required to read horror for a challenge I turn to children's horror - I can manage that - just!

R.L. Stine wrote his Goosbumps series in the 1990s and my daughters devoured them. They are about as scary as I can cope with!

Billy is off to his first Summer Camp and a bit nervous about his first time away from his parents. It soon turns out that he has every reason to be nervous. First the camp bus deserts them on the side of the road where they
Elgalla
I will be copy-pasting this for every Goosebumps novel I'll be reading.

On a whim, I decided to read all of the Goosebumps books. Some of them I've read before but, for the most part, I haven't. I won't be giving any stars; this doesn't mean anything about my actual opinion for the books, it only means that I don't think I can realistically, objectively rank 62 books which are not even meant for my age. I did enjoy the ones I read as a child and I am enjoying the ones I'm reading now, so that's w
Carmen
Apr 28, 2015 Carmen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
Billy is 12 and going to his first overnight camp.

First, the bus driver drops them off in the middle of nowhere after putting on a monster mask and scaring the crap out of the kids. Then, while waiting for someone to pick them up, the kids are attacked by these weird creatures. A man called "Uncle Al" shows up and frightens them away by shooting at them with a rifle.

Once they actually get to Camp, things are even stranger. There's no nurse or medical aid. Kids are getting injured and disappearin
David Santos
Aug 31, 2011 David Santos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
Now I know where Ashton Kutcher got it from! This book was very interesting. I've been camping many times, with a group and as a counsler, so I can relate to the story of weird sounds or no sounds at all and people disappearing. (yes they did return)

I hated the ending. I guess being a "children's book" they had to end it on a PG note, but my goodness it was such a good book could have been much better towards the end.

No science fiction in this book, well almost none and I guess that's why I enjo
Amber
Aug 12, 2015 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood
I always loved the end of these.
Adamaris Jauregui
Nadin
الرواية تصلح للأطفال، بالرغم انها غير مفيدة ولكن لتزجية الوقت ربما.

(view spoiler)

بالمناسبة الترجمة لم تكن جيدة كفاية.

رواية بسيطة ضمن القرائات الضخمة كي لا "يهنج" عقلي :D
Kimberly Larreta
This book was about these kids who went to a camp with their school. When they got to camp the bus driver stopped kicked everyone out and took their stuff out of the bus and left them in the middle of nowhere.I would recommend this book to people who like spooky stories.
Jessica
Jul 14, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goosebumps was so popular when I was a kid, we would get in fights in the library over who got to check the new one out next. No joke.
Andrew
Have to admit, at first I didn't quite understand where this story was going, but then I started getting an idea. I was wrong because there were two twists at the end that I never saw coming...and one of 'em I don't even KNOW where it came from, but it pretty much told me that the entire story didn't even take place where I thought it did.

Billy and his friends Dawn and Dori are going to separate camps. Billy to a boys camp and the two girls to a girls camp. Eventually, the characters start call
Edward Ledesma
Jan 04, 2016 Edward Ledesma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was good because R.L Stine described the book very well like telling us that the clouds were blocking the sky.I recommend this book to any who loves scary stories/creepy.To me this book was really good and I feel like R.L Stine put a lot of thought in this book.
Nicola Mansfield
May 23, 2014 Nicola Mansfield rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good one! Starts out totally creepy and doesn't let up until the end. Billy narrates his own story of summer camp and weird things happen right from the bus trip out there, things get dangerous, spooky, kids disappear, etc. until the final twist ending. Which is pretty good even though I did figure it out but what you don't see coming is the extra, extra twist on the last page, last paragraph that cues that awesome Twilight Zone music for a super horror story ending. Fun!
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Τα κάμπινγκ και οι κατασκηνώσεις αποτελούσαν ανέκαθεν καλούς χώρους για να τοποθετήσεις την εξέλιξη μιας ιστορίας τρόμου. Λίγο η εξοχή, λίγο η μαύρη νύχτα, λίγο οι παράξενοι ήχοι, δεν χρειάζονται πολλά περισσότερα για να πανικοβληθεί κανείς. Και ναι, μπορεί σε έναν βαθμό το όλο concept να θυμίζει αμερικανιά των 90's αλλά επί της ουσίας, κι άσχετα αν το συζητάμε σήμερα, αυτό ακριβώς είναι. Αλλά πως να το κάνουμε... το cult έχει κι αυτό τη γοητεία του.
Danny
Dec 01, 2010 Danny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comfort-books
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Samanyaaron
I really wasn't expecting that ending.It was pretty good.
Alejandro Fernandez
My book was kinda of boring and kind of funny.My opinion on this book is that it is a good book to read and it is enjoyable.I recommend this book to my friend Jose because he likes goosebumps books.
Jay
Aug 27, 2014 Jay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't remember reading "Welcome to Camp Nightmare" as a kid. I probably did, but reading it here, nothing about the story was familiar to me. So I have a chance to review it with a completely open mind. And for the most part, this is one of better stories. But the ending is just so... I don't even know how to describe it.

The front cover of the book is great. It might be my favorite of the series so far (though "Say Cheese and Die" might have something to say about it). The coloring is fantasti
Donna
The last time I read any of these books I was actually of target age to read them. So yeah, it's been a while. And while I couldn't get totally engrossed in it like I used to, it still kicked major ass. I really don't think RL Stine can do much by the way of wrong.

The writing is very simple and I think reflects the era of middle grade it was written in. If you compare it against MG of today, I don't even think it'd really qualify for that shelf space (although it still does). But even apart from
Colton
Sep 21, 2015 Colton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Amazing! A Goosebumps book that manages to balance slow-burning suspense with quality writing. Admittedly, in some parts the suspense burns a little too slowly, but it's worth overlooking because the book's actually good. Maybe I'm just astounded that I like it better than when I read it as a kid, because the only thing that stuck was the beginning where the kids are stranded in the desert by their bus driver.. The way the protagonist can't trust anyone - especially the adults - is unsettling an ...more
Princess Godoy
We don't talk about that bunk. We don't go near that bunk

Well. Kinda like Fight Club (although I haven't read or watch that yet) but I'm really really sure it's not like this. I felt like this is so predictable except for the ending part which is a huge plot twist although I personally think that by having those plot twist, mean many plot holes.

I'm not making any sense so if anyone read this, please please discuss it with me!
Katey
Oct 18, 2015 Katey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: film-adaptations
This book was ok, and the twist was definitely unexpected. The reason I give this book 4 stars instead of 5 is because the fact that the counselors couldn't give Billy any real information really made me mad. I don't remember going to any summer camps when I was a kid, and after reading this book, I'm glad mom and dad didn't make me go to one. Like I said, the lack of information was driving me crazy.
Poonam
Jan 09, 2016 Poonam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Such a weird ending
Patricia Mckelvy
Apr 30, 2016 Patricia Mckelvy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r-l-stine, goosebumps
From the moment Billy steps off the bus things are odd. Not only does the bus driver literally leave all the campers stranded they are also surrounded by weird wolf-looking creatures before their Camp Director, Uncle Al, saves them - Uncle Al is also anything but normal. Billy can't help but know something is different, if not wrong, with Camp Nightmoon. At first Billy brushes off small incidences that seem odd to him, but as fellow campers and friends start to disappear and strange noises come ...more
Darcy McLaughlin
We begin our next tale of terror on a crowded bus, going to the titular camp. Our hero is Billy, and he is the son of two "scientist/explorers", continuing a GB tradition of scientist employment. Billy sounds kind of like a judgmental dick, as he describes his new friend Mike to us as "chubby", a "bulldog" in appearance, and really hammers home the point his friend is fat. Later on on the book he does a similar thing with another friend, describing him as skinny, no muscles, etc. Sounds like Bil ...more
Chralexandtopher Fleaffaeler
I have recently finished reading the book "Welcome To Camp Nightmare" By R.L. Stine, whose writing is more entriging every second you read. To begin, I must once again compliment R.L. Stine for his great choice of vocabulary and writing style, as I fell as if I literally can't stop reading!

The story, "Welcome To Camp Nightmare" By R.L. Stine, takes place with a boy named Billy, who's going off to his first year at a summer camp. However, Billy comes across many things that are overally bizarre
Vishvasri J.S

Billy Harlan has just been sent off to Camp Nightmoon by his parents, who are explorers and scientists. While on the bus to camp, Billy encounters many characters, such as Mike, the fat child who is scared of everything; Colin, who wears sunglasses and a red bandanna around his long brown hair; Jay, the jockish child with wild curly red hair and Dawn and Dori, two girls from the Girl Camp fraction of Camp Nightmoon. The bus driver stops the vehicle in the middle of a desert on the way to the cam
Brenna
Aug 15, 2015 Brenna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This a very good book! I always love the endings in the goosebumps novels! So in this book a boy named Billy goes to camp Nightmoon, right away he is kind of feeling weird about it because on the bus right there the bus driver drops them off in a random stop. Even after he gets there he wants to go home, people are vanishing from sight. So leave now if you don't want to get spoiled!

SPOILERS!

OK, every time I read these books they give me the chills! This one did for sure! Well I was really annoye
Ekel Adolf
Jul 18, 2015 Ekel Adolf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Burone Edwards
Dec 17, 2014 Burone Edwards rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
In the book I read, it was about a man who ended up in a house full of kids, but he doesn't know how. It's a good book an d a lot of young kids would like to read it. In the book there is no cursing or love parts, but there is some scary parts of the book. My book was called Goosebumps. The kids started out in a house with their mother, and their mother left to get them something to eat. Thirty minutes later the kids went to sleep because their mom was taking too long. Three hours later they wer ...more
Cooler than EVER 11 18 Mar 19, 2014 03:21PM
Halloween, horror lovers group... 2 16 Jun 03, 2013 08:55AM
camper trailers 1 9 May 28, 2009 03:07AM
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones (Scary Stories, #3)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps
  • The Departure (Animorphs, #19)
  • Kristy's Mystery Admirer (The Baby-Sitters Club, #38)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)
  • The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11)