Start by marking “4th Of July ” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
4th Of July

James Patterson

4th Of July (Women's Murder Club #4)

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  56,726 Ratings  ·  1,534 Reviews
After losing one of its own, Lindsay Boxer and the Womens Murder Club make a courageous return for their fourth and most chilling case ever--one that could easily be their last. A young girl is killed in crossfire after a routine arrest goes terribly wrong, and Lt. Lindsay Boxer has to defend herself against a charge of police brutality. In a landmark trial that transfixes ...more
Hardcover, Large print
Published June 4th 2010 by Direct Brands Bargain (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about 4th Of July, please sign up.

Lauren
If this isn't the last James Patterson book I read, I invite you to punch me in the face.

I can't take these books seriously. There is no depth whatsoever to the characters, and after four books, I would expect to have more familiarity with them. Lindsay's romantic "relationships" are a joke. Dinner and sex does not = love and a lasting commitment.

The best thing that can be said about this book is that it reads very quickly and that you don't have to pause to look up any words ou don't know. It
Phrynne
Jul 26, 2014 Phrynne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
James Patterson's books are either really good or just average and this was one of the really good ones. Short, choppy chapters made it fast reading and the thrilling story line made it a page turner that was impossible to put down. The identity of the murderers came completely from left field. I had not even considered two of them as possibilities. Just the way it should be in a competently written mystery thriller. I have not read any of the earlier Women's Murder Club series but it did not ma ...more
Jodi
Dec 27, 2009 Jodi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Patterson fans
This book in the Women's Murder Club series was very different from the first 3 books in the series. In this book, Lindsey is put on administrative leave during a trial while she is being investigated for shooting her police gun at two children. The charges are found to be bogus and Lindsey is found to be innocent (no shock there). What makes this book different is that we learn about Lindsey in her free time. In the previous books, besides working A LOT, she dates, cooks amazing meals, works ou ...more
Bob
Aug 20, 2010 Bob rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: james-patterson
Nicole
May 23, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4th of July was a gripping thriller that kept me reading and wanting more. I do have to say, James Patterson working with Maxine Paetro produces a greater piece of literature than when he writes with Andrew Gross. The first three books were pretty good, but this one takes the cake. I could not put this book down.

The plot is so action-packed it amazed me. There was not one moment when something wasn't happening, whether it was the grisly murders in Half Moon Bay or Lindsay's trial back in San Fra
Rachel C.
Maxine Paetro picks up the series from Andrew Gross. She introduces a new character, Yuki Castellano, who I think might end up joining the Club.

The bulk of this book features Lindsay on trial for a wrongful death suit. The courtroom stuff was about as good as in an episode of Law & Order, which is to say it was obviously dramatized but sufficiently convincing to me.

There was the obligatory serial killer plot thrown in, with a decent twist ending. I'm not great at guessing who the killers are
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Best Part:
Joe scenes :D
Worst Part: Nah.
Thoughts Had: Oh no :((

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: Yes

Short Review: Poor Lindsay, those kids are horrible and they should have been throw in jail for sur
Krystin Rachel
This book was not nearly the Cheesefest that the previous three were. I guess I have Maxine Paetro to blame/thank for that.

I don't know, I'm so conflicted!

This series is my easy, cheesy, mindless escape-from-sitting-at-a-desk-at-work series. Do I like that this was a little more of a legit novel? Or am I sad that my cheese has been taken away?

The lack of cheese is not the only way in which 4th of July is different from it's predecessors. Instead of being a straight police procedural following t
Ivy
5 stars

Nice to see Lindsay again. Welcome Yuki Castellano. Also glad Lindsay was able to solve her Cold Case. Hope Lindsay and Joe get married.

Can't wait to read The 5th Horseman!!!
Larry Bassett
Oct 23, 2014 Larry Bassett rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I am looking for something mindless, something to take my thoughts away from ISIS and Ebola. A little mayhem. Patterson has been a better than expected tonic in the past so I think I will try that well again.

It dives right in. No leisurely lead in. Electrocuted body in the bathtub. Alright. Into the grime and gore. I am wondering if the name of the detective will be the only thing that will tell me she is a woman. I am hoping for a realistic woman protagonist. In the end I do not feel rewarded.

I
Kevin
Mar 25, 2008 Kevin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lindsay Boxer is on the trail of a killer with her one of her ex-partners when the unthinkable happens... while chasing down a suspect's car, it crashes. When they go to help, they find two pre-teen kids in the front seat. But as they try to get them out of the car, both kids pull guns and shoot the two cops. Lindsay fires back, killing one and paralyzing the other from the neck down before passing out herself due to her injuries. While on forced leave from the SFPD during her trial, she takes a ...more
Tiffany
Sep 20, 2016 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just breezed right through this novel. The 4th book in tbr Women's Club series starts off with a bang. It dives right into drama and suspense that will keep you turning pages late into the night to see what's going to happen. With plot twists that will almost have your head spinning this book was a solid 4 stars for me. Can't wait to read the next book.
P.S. Winn
May 30, 2016 P.S. Winn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to Half Moon Bay where not all goes as planned. gruesome killings have Lieutenant Lindsey Boxer on the case Coming to the resort, for rest she is instead caught up in the investigation, and of course in the line of fire. As always James Patterson delivers a fun adventure that feels like a quick read because once you begin it is hard to put down.
Helga
1a vez que li em Português do Brasil e tirando uma ou outra palavra, leu-se muito bem.
Adoro esta serie e lamento que em Pt não se tivesse apostado mais na mesma, são estando disponíveis os 3 primeiros.
Kelly
Mar 02, 2009 Kelly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, mystery
Ms. Nikki
This is all about Boxer and her decision to go on a call with her partner after having a drink over lunch. Through all of the commotion that transpires, a teen ends up dead and one paralyzed. During her questioning, she forgets to mention the drink and from there her freedom hangs in the balance.

An okay read.
Penny
Feb 08, 2015 Penny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another page turner by one of my favored authors. I have not read the Women's Murder Club in order, but always enjoy this cast of characters. This book told the story of how Yuki joined the group, which I was curious about, because Jill was one of the originals. Lindsay Boxer is my favorite, and this book was devoted to her story. The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5, is because I did not feel all the loose ends were tied up, and the guilty parties were off kilter to me. The ones I f ...more
Berit
Diane Coto
Jan 12, 2016 Diane Coto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She didn’t want to do it. She really didn’t. But, two kids were firing at her and Jacobi. Jacobi was down. Lindsay Boxer fired her weapon. Now one teen is in the hospital and will be paralyzed for life … the other is dead. It’s a tragedy, but these teens were not innocent. They’d killed a couple of other teens, then whipped and slashed their buttocks before leaving a message at the scene, “Nobody Cares.” Boxer’s mind went back ten years before to a John Doe whose murderer had never been caught. ...more
Hongbin
I got this book from used store near UTA because I was noticed by the front cover the author name, James Peterson. I had read Maximum Ride and really liked the way of his wording. That unintended choice brought me a new exciting of reading English books. I have gone through more than 150 pages of this book in just only one night with a lot of interesting.

This book was about a female detective Lindsay Boxer who shot 2 kids after a long way of chasing in self-defense. However, accidental events h
Shelley
~*Synopsis*~ Police lieutenant Lindsay Boxer takes leave from the force after being sued for wrongful death after a recent shootout. She stays at her sister’s house in Half Moon Bay, and reads about murders that resemble one that haunted her for 10 years. She joins with the local police to solve the murders, while dreading her awaiting trial.

When Lindsay Boxer gets a lead on a recent murder of a teenager, she responds to the call and joins Warren Jacobi on a stakeout of a Mercedes. When the car
Holly Lee (Bellas Novella)
Jan 17, 2010 Holly Lee (Bellas Novella) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
This is by far my favorite of the series thus far. Lindsay Boxer finds her life thrown into a tailspin when her judgement as a cop is questioned.

The newly dubbed "Dirty Harriet" must fight a very public court case to save her position on the force as well as her reputation and her finances. To top everything off, her vacation spot at her sisters home is surrounded by families being murdered in a bizarre style that mimics a cold case she had come across over a decade previous.

Its hard for Lindsay
Avigail
A very good book, fast reading. This book continues the Ladies Murder Club. Patterson's characters are well developed and quite believable as well as likable. I look forward to his next foray with Lindsay Boxer a recommend to all mystery/detective fans.
4th of July, by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro is a very good book. It's a classic suspense novel with an extremely eerie vibe. This makes a hard book to put down.I enjoyed this book. Especially the two storylines, which go in parallel (the tri
Elizabeth
Feb 04, 2015 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like lite James Patterson
This was a very quick read because it was a very good book. It lives up to the name of page turner as both of the authors are known to write. I do recommend it to people who don't like reading the main series that James Patterson has because they're too gory or other reasons. Do start with 1st to Die because that starts the series and you'll get a look into who the characters are.

I will say that the books are easy to pick up again. It's been more than a year since I read 3rd Degree and I was abl
Sally Lindsay-briggs
This was another Women's Murder Club in the series that once again, was as exciting as usual. I wasn't able to put it down for long. Lindsay is trying to solve a series of murders that seem to be connected. She is accused of shooting two suspects and goes to trial. It is nonstop action, with Lindsay's lawyer helping out. I can't wait to read the next book that gives another look at these fiesty women's lives.
Margo Kelly
May 26, 2015 Margo Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm enjoying this series, but for this particular story, there was a subplot of child abuse, which is something that I'd prefer not to read about. It didn't go into graphic detail, but it was enough to make me uncomfortable. And when I'm reading for escapist pleasure, I don't want to read about certain topics. None-the-less, I'm looking forward to the next book.
Sally Wolf
Mar 24, 2011 Sally Wolf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this book we are once again transported in to the dramatic life of Lieutenant Lindsay Boxer. This time around she is faced with a battle for her reputation as a cop and an unknown predator who doesn't like how close Lindsay is getting to the truth.

This is the 4th book in the Woman's Murder club Series but it has not lost its allure or readability. I love the way that it always keeps you guessing exactly who did what right up till the very last page. The most obvious choice is not always th
Aiken314
This was the first audio book that I've listened to completely!! YAY, ME!! I enjoyed the female narrator and the use of her voice. I also like the concept of the Women's Murder Club, and the protagonist, Lindsay Boxer. I suspect I will make it a point to find those books on audio--if I can find them cheap. There were a couple of threads dangling at the end of the novel, but I was surprised at the discovery of one of the killers (the other two were not that surprising). I might not spend time wit ...more
Faye
Sep 01, 2015 Faye rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series, even though I have read some of the latest ones and are up to date with the characters I liked this book. Will continue to read until I catch up.
Fran Prisco
Feb 24, 2015 Fran Prisco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series! I love strong women heroins.
Let's talk about this now... 8 33 Jul 11, 2014 01:52PM
*Best Sellers* Bo...: 4th of July: Rate Out of 5 and Give A Review. 4 8 Dec 10, 2013 09:35AM
*Best Sellers* Bo...: 4th of July: Courtroom Based Drama 4 9 Dec 10, 2013 09:34AM
The Women's Myste...: 4th of July 3 25 Oct 09, 2013 12:11PM
Goodreads Librari...: ISBN 0-316-71060-1 3 156 Aug 17, 2012 04:38AM
  • Blind Alley (Eve Duncan, #5)
  • Black Notice (Kay Scarpetta, #10)
  • The Sinner (Rizzoli & Isles, #3)
  • Fresh Disasters (Stone Barrington, #13)
  • Hide (Detective D.D. Warren, #2)
  • C is for Corpse  (Kinsey Millhone, #3)
  • Monday Mourning (Temperance Brennan, #7)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
BookShots
JIMMY Patterson Books
Official Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350
More about James Patterson...

Women's Murder Club (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1)
  • 2nd Chance (Women's Murder Club, #2)
  • 3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club, #3)
  • The 5th Horseman (Women's Murder Club, #5)
  • The 6th Target (Women's Murder Club, #6)
  • 7th Heaven (Women's Murder Club, #7)
  • The 8th Confession (Women's Murder Club, #8)
  • The 9th Judgment  (Women's Murder Club, #9)
  • 10th Anniversary (Women's Murder Club, #10)
  • 11th Hour (Women's Murder Club, #11)

“I swung my head around and” 0 likes