Start by marking “Just a Hint Clint” as Want to Read:
Just a Hint Clint

Just a Hint Clint (Visitation, North Carolina #4)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  2,718 ratings  ·  63 reviews

Some Days, It Doesn't Pay To Get Out Of Bed

That's what crosses Clint Evans's mind the minute he takes on the four thugs holding heiress Julie Rose hostage. It isn't the danger that has Clint in a lather, but Julie herself. The pretty, petite schoolteacher he's been hired to return to her wealthy fiancé is no fainting trust-fund baby. She's more of a hellcat, one who won't

Published June 1st 2010 by kensington publishing (first published September 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Just a Hint Clint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just a Hint Clint

Wendy
This one started out with real promise but I felt it lost it's steam somewhere there in the middle. I liked that Clint was a protective, tough character, but I found that along the story road that the antagonist's were just not believable. Just a Hint Clint started out with 5 stars, but ended on a 3 star vote.

Clint Evans is hired to find Julie Rose. Julie has been kidnapped and is being held for ransom. Her fiance' feels she is being held by a two bit thug that he owes money. But upon further i...more
KimKirt
Ahhh! Much better! I'm glad I continued on with this series. I didn't really care for "The Secret Life of Bryan." but wanted to give the series another chance and "Just A Hint Clint" has redeemed it for me. I really liked both the H/H in this book. Julie Rose had just enough feist to make me happy but not appear overbearing. And who wouldn't like a hero with a rather embarrassing side effect to beating up the bad guys? (I'll let you read the book so you can figure it out for yourself . . . but i...more
Pattianne
VISITATION/N.C. #4 - (Clint and Julie) - Clint saves kidnapped Julie who becomes the sheriff of Visitation.

SOME DAYS, IT DOESN'T PAY TO GET OUT OF BED

That's what crosses Clint Evan's mind the minute he takes on the four thugs holding heiress Julie Rose hostage. It isn't the danger--Clint's made the reputation by being reliably ruthless, a quality that keeps his wounds deeply undercover. What's got Clint in a lather is Julie herself. The pretty, petite schoolteacher he's been hired to return to...more
Tabs
Jan 07, 2012 Tabs marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
I got halfway through and DNF'd this one. I was bored but breezing through until I hit an incredibly unwieldy patch of exposition and info-dump. I had no desire to keep going after that.
Julie Johnson
The back cover (and the cover colours and the title) made this book sound a bit different than what it is, they make it seem more light hearted somehow. Its a bit more serious and gritty once you start in. More 'noir' actually. I found it hard to make the switch from my initial expectations, initially. (They need to fix the title, cover & the back blurb!)

I liked it, though. Of course, I figured out 'the bad guy' right from the start, I sometimes find the plots in romantic-suspense a bit on...more
Cindy
Contemporary romance with protected sex.

I now remember why I haven't reread these books lately. Holy crap! We get another bad Lifetime Channel event.

This one is Julie's book. Julie is the very plain, skinny teacher that befriends the gang in Visitation NC. Julie gets kidnapped & her ex-fiancé hires Clint & his boys to rescue her. Clint is also not attractive physically. I only mention this because we're beaten over the head with how very ugly they both are over & over at the begin...more
Mademoiselle Charlotte
The start of the book: Massive 5 stars
The ending of the book: Low 3 stars
The plot: mild 4.5 stars
The characters: Biggest 5++ stars!!

TOTAL: Fun,entertaining,fluffy 4 stars

THE PLOT: Julie,a wealthy, predicated to be spoilt and flirtatious,twenty-nine years old teacher is kidnapped and her so-called-fiancé,also a highly unintelligent,overly male-proud liar,hires Clint Evans,a hero of every lady's dream,to find her.Gaah!What a long sentence...

So,Clint follows hints and finds Julie after 30 pages.And...more
Lavender Brooke
I really liked this book at the start it was quite gritty but sweet and sexy too. I loved the character of Clint who was very rugged and manly (so sexy!) A real take-charge kind of a guy but in a good way not a drag-her-off-to-his-cave-by-the-hair sort of way (that's a whole different genre!).

I initially really liked the character of Julie Rose too, she seemed really sweet and a bit kooky. But then we got half way in and it all when downhill from there. Julie Rose suddenly turned into a really i...more
Kathy
Elvia
It was a quick read. A typical romance with just a hint of danger thrown in. It was entertaining enough although it is easy to get used to the formula of romance and then it gets tired. The heroine, however is grating. Completely unrelatable and not very likeable and I usually have a low threshold for characters so that is saying something. The characters are a little one dimensional which also pulls from the lure of the book. There is a segway into the next book in the series which I may check...more
Wminbc
I was just talking with Brandi over at our blog and she was raving about how awesome Lori Foster is to work with and do blog hops with and get info from and ...you get the idea. Then she asked me what my favorite Lori Foster book or series was...and I was like, mmmm

So many great books, but this one just popped up infront for the rest, and no review! I loved Clint...I still love Clint. Years later and a couple re-reads later and I still think of Clint! That is a great book, a great character and...more
Debbie
I enjoyed the tension that builds between rough and rugged Clint and the petite school teacher Julie Rose. Clint a PI who rescues Julie Rose from her kidnappers and is protecting her is determined not to mix business and pleasure as a rule, but Julie does all she can to undermine him at every turn because she knows what she wants and that is Clint and she does more than give him a hint. This is another book in Lori Fosters Visitation Series. The story has a way of pulling you in making you feel...more
Wminbc
I loved Jamie so much I have gone back to the rest of the series. I really enjoyed this one (picked up a the grocery store the other day).
This book takes place right before Jamie and I just love Clint. He is such a great alpha male and he comes with 3 buddies of his own. Also love the "bromances".

The plot of the book is a bit off in spots, but I couldn't see the set up until near the end, which is nice. The thought that she was "plain" and not eye catching and so thin to the point of being skinn...more
Laurel Horner
Like Julie's character and Clint's. Perfect for each other. Uncle Drew flew me for a loop though don't know how anyone could hurt their own family.
Asrai Devin
Oct 15, 2007 Asrai Devin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Shelves: contemporary, romance
I loved this book. It was funny it was sexy and it was hot.

Clint Evans is a mecenary who specializes in rescues. He likes to think he's a macho manly man, except for his tendancy to throw up after beating up the bad guys. *snark* Really, I nearly died laughing at it.

Julie Rose, Clint's latest rescue, isn't delicate as Clint thinks. However, she does look at the world with rose coloured glasses. Anyway, she sees the good in Clint despite his every protest to the contrary.

But, the question still...more
Laura DeSimone
This had to be one of my favourites. I just loved the interaction between Clint and Julie. Clint saves Julie from kidnappers, and Julie knows she has found the man that will change her life. I found the too together were very comical, and I could not help but laugh.
Sherrie
Jul 18, 2007 Sherrie rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: angsty romance lovers!
Shelves: 2006booklist
A fun, fluffy way to start this years Book List! Part adventure, part romance novel. But not in a bad adventure/romance way! The angst is good, the smart-ass comments fly…the love scenes aren’t schmarmy. Julie Rose is kidnapped. Clint is hired to rescue her. He does. A conspiracy is a-foot! Does he find out who is behind the scheme before it’s too late? Of course he does! Sheesh! Fun read! The others in this series just aren’t as good…they did not make this list as I did not finish them. Book #1...more
Cammie Rountree
Absolutely delightful!!!!
Laurie
I loved Clint because he was 100% alpha male. He knew how to take control and get things done. He was also an ex-military badass. Julie rose was a good heroine, but I wish she would have been a little more in control. I think that Julie Rose would have been a better character if her occupation was different. I wanted her to give Clint a run for his money, not just be a seductress. It made for a hot story with all of their sexual tension, though, and I appreciated that in the book.
Amanda
Pretty Damn Good. I love a funny, contemporary romance novel. It got super cheesy at points. I hated how tey fell in love at once and Julie had no problem whatsoever with the fact that Clint was a killer. I kind of love it, but at the same time, I felt more soul searching was needed. ALSO got a little sick of the "It's the best town on earth, let me tell you about my other books subtly!"
That said, it's fun, cute and really enjoyable. GO Lori Foster!
Jill
I just finished reading Just a Hint, Clint and WOW-- Strong & Sexy. We met Julie Rose in previous books and now it is her turn to get what she wants, Clint! Great Characters, add some mystery, and Plenty of Romance-- It doesn't get any better than a Lori Foster Book! --Clint is another page turner-- You won't be able to stop reading it until the end and then you might even have to go back and read it again.
Rachel
I love these books, lori foster is a go to author that always writes fun, sexy, wasy to read relaxing books with a HEA and great characters. This one was good the whole way through...Clint was a great hero and looked after Julie rose from the start.

Another reason these books are so good is cause the main couple are together nearly all the book.

great beach read
Jess
Another great book in the Visitation series. This also made the next book Jamie, make so much more sense in my mind. Since I had read that first, it was a little confusing to try to figure out who everyone was.

Now everything makes perfect sense. It's a great series by Foster and I look forward to any new books in this series or in any of her other series.
Jessi
Clint Evans is a repo man. He helps recover items that people have stopped paying for. But he's recently been hired to recover a woman who's been kidnapped, Julie Rose from earlier Visitation stories. Probably my least favorite of the series. It seems like such a good story but the characters weren't developed and the ending came out of nowhere. Blergh.
Nicole Jade
I wish I could have liked this more :(

This had so much potential to be a sexy action tale but fell so flat to me.

Julie Rose Julie Rose Julie Rose. Hearing her full name over and over was so incredibly annoying and I just could not connect with her at all.

Clint was okay but I felt no UST for him and Julie or his upset stomach.

Lola
It wasn't horrible, it wasn't great, it wasn't too memerorable. all i remember really is rolling my eyes at some points. It was the first Lori Foster i have ever read and sadly it does not inspire me to read any more of her work, Even though browsing my local library shelves her novels are plenty.
Dawn ♥ romance
Another good book in the Visitation series each with an intriguing who-done-it. It starts with a good attention grabber, has some steamy parts and finishes with an exciting ending. Clint is hired to rescue Julie who is being held hostage. Looking forward to Jamie's story.
Jody
OMG I can't wait to read Jamie's book! But this is about Julie and her book starts out with her kidnapped and Robert sending someone to find her. Cliche but it was the last person I suspected. And I guess Clint just had no idea what he was getting himself into.
Connie
Investigator Clint Evans rescues an heiress from four kidnappers. He has to keep her hidden in his Ohio home until he can determine who is behind the kidnapping. This gives them plenty of time for an attraction to flame up. A light "beach read." 2 1/2 to 3 stars.
Celebrating Lori Foster's New Release With A Cyber Launch Party! 1 5 Feb 03, 2010 09:00AM
  • Santa, Baby
  • Willing
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • Houston, We Have A Problem
  • Getting Lucky (Marine, #2)
  • Sealed with a Kiss (Ty & Hunter, #2)
  • Code Name: Blondie (SEAL and Code Name, #8)
  • Strong and Sexy (Sky High Air, #2)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro...more
More about Lori Foster...
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)