Start by marking “Deadly Greed: The McEachern Murders in Hamlet, North Carolina” as Want to Read:
Deadly Greed: The McEachern Murders in Hamlet, North Carolina

Deadly Greed: The McEachern Murders in Hamlet, North Carolina

Maceo McEachern was well-liked and respected in his community: business owner, entrepreneur, the first African American elected to office since Reconstruction. April 12, 1991, he and his mother were shotgunned to death in her home in Hamlet, NC. Clark Cox, journalist and friend of the victims, gives us the story: antecedents of the murders and the aftermath.
Published September 15th 2003 by High Country Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Greed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Greed

Geo Moses
Jul 13, 2013 Geo Moses rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan of "Murder Confidential", then here is another true crime story of lives cut tragically short by the greed of one man, and the apathy and fear of many others. Small town political and business dealings with deadly consequences. I have friends from Hamlet,NC who still today refuse to discuss this case over the phone! People are still scared...why? Read this story and decide for yourselves.
Katy
Jul 08, 2009 Katy rated it did not like it
I found this in a creepy, old bookstore in North Carolina, and I decided to give it a try. We'll see how it goes.
Marilyn
Marilyn rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2012
Rita Bush
Rita Bush rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2013
Taylor Moore
Taylor Moore rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2012
Stephanie Barnes
Stephanie Barnes marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Adrian Nicholson
Adrian Nicholson marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
O. Poole
O. Poole marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2016