Start by marking “Mother God: The Feminine Principle to Our Creator” as Want to Read:
Mother God: The Feminine Principle to Our Creator

Mother God: The Feminine Principle to Our Creator

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  402 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Sylvia Browne, in her own indomitable style, again defies convention in this uniquely informative compilation of diligently researched facts and personal accounts about the premise of a female divinity—namely, the Mother God (also known as the feminine principle).
Spanning time from the earliest beginnings of humankind, when the time of the “Goddess” was at its peak, to t
Published (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Mother God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mother God

Sarah Crawford
Jan 19, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about Azna, the Mother God. The book has a variety of chapters, including “evidence of the feminine principle,” “who is Mother God?,” “petitioning Azna for help”, frequently asked questions, prayers/meditations, and letters from people who had asked for and received help.

The historical portion of the book is the most interesting. In my opinion, though, too much of the book is taken up with the letters. The idea that many people asked for help and received it can be stated straight o
Paula
Jul 05, 2015 Paula rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Interesting, but without references, not a great book for me. I don't see how you can state things as fact without giving any references and allowing others to come to their own conclusions based on this information too. If you are already a devout Christian or Catholic, this books will possibly be fine for you. I, personally, need to be able to research deeper because the patriarchal beliefs/writings do not mesh at all with me and my own deep understanding of our universe/world/earth. I'm sure ...more
Denise
Jun 12, 2012 Denise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
For too many people caught up in the "dogma" of their religious belief, the concept of there being a feminine side to God is heresy. And yet, each new religion that comes along is built onto the foundation of those beliefs that came before. Such concepts as resurrection after death (began with the Egyptians), the virgin birth (Mithraism which came from the eastern Mediterranean), the great flood (Babylonian myth) and the story of creation (multiple civilizations) were believed by humans long bef ...more
Kat
May 16, 2014 Kat rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
This was my first Sylvia Browne book. It was good because it explained the Mother Goddess from the beginning and how to call on her. I just didnt like how half the book was stories and FAQs that was probably answered by her "spirit guide". I don't know what I was expecting from this book. It started out good. I guess it was just a quick read. I got it from the library. I wouldnt buy it.
Ericka
Sep 29, 2015 Ericka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sylvia Browne always writes very clearly and concisely and does her research. It is always fascinating for me to read her books as I have many of the same principles and I've come to them on my own. Reading her books are like a long positive affirmation for me.
Lori
Oct 21, 2009 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a reader of several Sylvia Browne books, in my opinion this is not one of the better written books. Although, I applaud the topic of the Feminine Divine Principle, it's history and current place in society it just isn't covered well in this book. Information is scattered and patched together from many different sources and put together in a "hodge podge" way. The Feminine Divine is a huge topic that can't possibly be squeezed into a small book and be done well. What the book does offer is; Sy ...more
Laura Lynch
"Mother God" explores the concept of a feminine side to the creator. Sylvia Browne states that one can still believe and pray to the Father, Son and Holy Ghost but she says that there is a fourth godly entity known as Mother God or Azna. Azna is the more nurturing part of the divine and she completes the holy family similar to a traditional earthly family.

A good part of her book features letters from people who have been touched by Mother God. Testimonies range from finding lost items to healing
Cyndi
Mar 27, 2014 Cyndi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: metaphysical
Heartwarming stories about the feminine creator. Nice to know she is there and active. I highly recommend this for anyone searching for comfort and hope from the metaphysical realm.
Maggie Fout
Sep 19, 2013 Maggie Fout rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a Sylvia Browne fan I was excited to read this book. So reviewers have said it is not one of her best works but I disagree. Mother God is not a huge all encompassing book, but more of a nibble to get you hooked and spark your mind into seeing the possibility of an equal feminine aspect to God. She gives great perspective on the theory, as well as giving the reader respected references to information. However if one is not already familiar with Sylvia's works you may be put off by her referenc ...more
Natasha M
Jul 21, 2009 Natasha M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
Wow! Amazing and insightful, as Sylvia always is! She never dissapoints to bring new facts, thoughts, and ideas to the table. I was deffinitly inspired by this read to get to know "Mother God" aka "Azna" and have been writing to her in my journal ever since. She is referred to as the Great Interceptor in this book and I really feel that's what she is, especially to me. I am so glad I have had a taste of who she is and what she has done and will do. It has opened a gateway for me, a new passion t ...more
Melinda
Sep 27, 2015 Melinda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual-books
As a Wiccan, I thought this would be a book about the Goddess. It turned out to be the female aspect of the Christian God. Good, but not part of my belief system.
Ers
Aug 07, 2014 Ers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Amazing

I just loved the book and learned a lot.I'm grateful I read the book. Thank you dear Sylvia you helped me with your books and teachings from other side.
Theresa El-Thomas
This is a book that explains who Mother god is and that we were created in God and Mother Gods likeness. Ancient civilizations throughout history have prayed to Mother God. This book provides documented accounts from people that have petitioned Mother Anza and prayers/miracles that were answered. This book included prayers and meditations for personal use to petition Mother Anza to ask for her help.
Lisa
Jan 23, 2010 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychic-medium
Being raised Roman Catholic, it took me a little bit to wrap my head around the idea of the mother God and father God. As I was reading, I was trying to keep an open mind about what Sylvia had to say. While I am still trying to understand that there are things I am simply not going to understand, I still enjoyed reading this book a lot, as I do with all of her books. She has a writing style that allows me to devour whatever she writes. And it helps to have the English degree she has as well. :)
Jackie
Jul 03, 2010 Jackie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alternative
A quick read and one that allows you to contemplate additional possibilities. I certainly buy into this and appreciate the exercises that she provides. I was a little put off though at the end when she includes letters written by some readers since it seemed as though it was more self-promoting than actual experiences dealing with Mother God. Other than that, I certainly loved reading it.
Nicolette
Nov 11, 2012 Nicolette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved the book! I can totally understand where she is coming from with this duality thing and God because I have always felt that God just isn't male and has this female side too. Once again loved the book but I can't believe it as actually being true but I can see it as a theory. very Interesting read, I always love reading her books.
Linda
Apr 15, 2008 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EVEN IF EVERYTHING IN THE BOOK ISN'T SOMETHING THAT YOU OR I WOULD AGREE UPON IT STILL HAD A LOT OF GOOD POINTS AND ONCE AGAIN I ENJOYED IT. IT IS ONE OF THOSE BOOKS THAT MAKES YOU THINK ABOUT ALL ASPECTS OF GOD AND RELIGION.
Madonna Analla
Feb 04, 2012 Madonna Analla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book because it went through the history of the goddess briefly in the beginning. It was interesting to learn about the female gods of different cultures. It was an inspirational and hopeful book
nina childs
May 10, 2014 nina childs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book.

Awesome book. Love Sylvia Browne and all her infinite wisdom. Sad that she has moved on but grateful that she is with Francine and at peace on the other side.
Ana
Apr 28, 2008 Ana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I looooved this book! It was very beautiful and comforting. It gave me the strength to tackle some very difficult issues at the time. It veritably changed my life.
Kristen
Feb 26, 2009 Kristen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: k-s-books
I thought it was interesting. I have always liked Sylvia Browne, but now I'm not sure if she's truthful. I have doubt. I am just going to leave it at that.
Liz
Nov 26, 2012 Liz rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found the first chapter interesting, but couldn't handle the mysticism of the rest. I don't think divinity is a simple and maluable as Browne claims.
Nina
Sep 23, 2008 Nina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was impressed with her conviction about their being a Mother God, and the proof of the Gnostic Christian scriptures validating it was impressive.
Kate Zirkle
Mar 09, 2008 Kate Zirkle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: metaphysical
This was pretty interesting. I wouldn't recommend starting here if you wanted to get into Sylvia Browne's books though. It gets in pretty deep.
Jaymi Boswell
OOOh. What can be better than a Mother in Heaven who loves you more than anything???
Sara Smith
I like books that make me think in a different way.
Anne
Not really worth believing, but worth a peek into.
Ld2288 Degenhardt
Good! New concepts to think about! Hmmmm.....
Cynthia
Jul 06, 2013 Cynthia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good
Liam Moran
Liam Moran rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2016
  • My Life With Sylvia Browne
  • Healing with the Angels: How the Angels Can Assist You in Every Area of Your Life
  • Silver's Spells for Protection
  • Jesus and the Essenes
  • Moonfall
  • A Still, Small Voice: A Psychic's Guide to Awakening Intuition
  • Violet Flame: To Heal Body, Mind & Soul
  • Eternal Crimson (Tears of Crimson, #2)
  • Exploring Wicca
Sylvia Browne was a number one New York Times–bestselling author and world-famous psychic. She appeared regularly on The Montel Williams Show and Larry King Live and made countless other media and public appearances. She was the founder of a church, the Society of Novus Spiritus.
More about Sylvia Browne...