Start by marking “The Chihuahua Chase” as Want to Read:
The Chihuahua Chase

The Chihuahua Chase

When Teddy Krebs's speedy if homely littledoggoes missing right before the town Chihuahua races, fourth-grader Addie May Jones can’t resist Teddy’s plea for help. Soon shehas two mysteries on her hands: Is there a dognapper on the loose? And why won't Teddy stopmaking a pest of himself? Addie May turns detective to find the vanished pooch and at the same time discovers a b ...more
Published June 8th 2010 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about The Chihuahua Chase, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chihuahua Chase

Naureen Oneale
Jul 02, 2011 Naureen Oneale rated it really liked it
Shelves: ssyra-es-12-13
I thought this book was cute and very well written, great for readers age 7-8. Many boys and girls at that age would love a good mystery story about a missing chihuahua. The illustations were also very good.
Heather Thaler
Sep 16, 2010 Heather Thaler rated it really liked it
Really good story for kids.
Sheila
Jul 07, 2010 Sheila rated it it was amazing
Chihuahuas have gone missing from Salt Lake City. Who is responsible for their losses? Can it be Zack Rust, whose chihuahua has won all the preliminary heats for the Liberty Park chihuahua races but is beaten by Teddy Kreps’ chihuahua in the final preliminary race? Is it Sandra Hopkins, President of Save the Chihuahuas? It’s up to Addie May Jones to put her detection skills to use to find out who’s behind the heists in A. E. Cannon’s The Chihuahua Chase.

Told in the first person point of view, I
Joenna
Jul 25, 2011 Joenna rated it liked it
Shelves: juv-mystery, 2nd-3rd
When Teddy's chihuahua Phantom goes missing, he and Addie May join forces to try to figure out what happened to the dog.

A good book for a younger reader reading at a higher level. I'd say story line is good for 1st/2nd grade, but reading level is 2nd/3rd. Simple story, a little mystery, likeable characters.
Brandi
Mar 29, 2012 Brandi rated it liked it
Read aloud to my daughters. They loved it. The story is set in Salt Lake and is a missing dog mystery, so what's not to love? It helped that the author goes to our church and is their Primary leader, too :) One warning if you read or give to your kids to read--in the first chapters she "outs" Santa Claus. I had to quickly skip that part, I'm not ready for that secret to be out at my house.
Jody
Sep 27, 2011 Jody rated it liked it
Again, I'm doing an author study, and this book was good, but still lower than the levels most of my fifth graders read. It's hard to judge a book for a younger audience when I'm stuck in my fifth grade mindset.
Kim
Oct 28, 2010 Kim rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Ashley and Brooke Berg
I picked this book up at the library. I think the author and illustrator are likely LDS judging by their family names and the short bio info provided on the book jacket. Kaitlyn and Taylor (8 and 6 years old now) loved this book. It was fun and very well written for this age group.
Lois Brown
Oct 17, 2010 Lois Brown rated it it was ok
YAWN! The book is probably for six/seven year olds. Maybe the problem I had with it was that I thought it was a MG when it really has a plot more for an early chapter book.
Josh Newhouse
Mar 21, 2011 Josh Newhouse rated it really liked it
Sweet, harmless, short, predictable 3.5 stars rounded up... Sometimes you need a light fluffy read... Prob good read aloud
Alice
Dec 26, 2014 Alice rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-25-stars
4.25 Stars A very fun, imaginative beginning chapter book! A fun story! I recommend it 2-4th Graders!
Deena
Jun 29, 2011 Deena rated it liked it
Not a deep book, but sometimes you need a good 3rd grade book that would appeal to both boys and girls.
Meadow
Aug 05, 2011 Meadow rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-lit
We checked this out after the author came to story time at the library. Cute story and set in Salt Lake, which is always awesome.
Judy Moody
Mar 26, 2012 Judy Moody rated it really liked it
Shelves: ssyra-2011-2012
Cute, I think 3rd graders, boys and girls would like it.
Ellen
Ellen rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2011
Andie
Andie rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2011
April
Nov 03, 2010 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: child-lit, 2010
Super cute early chapeter book.
Byron
Feb 26, 2012 Byron rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chapter-books
Rated by Ella!
Debbie McNeil
Debbie McNeil rated it it was ok
Nov 08, 2010
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2011
Riha
Riha rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2013
Julia Gay
Julia Gay rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2012
Eloise
Jan 06, 2011 Eloise rated it liked it
Shelves: junior-fiction
A cute story for kids set in SLC and written by local author Ann Cannon.
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2012
Laurie Arnez
Laurie Arnez rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2010
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2011
Greta
Jul 31, 2010 Greta rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile
Cute book. My 7 year old will love it!
Elaine Aaron
Elaine Aaron rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2010
Raylee Fleisch
Raylee Fleisch rated it it was ok
Feb 28, 2013
Thania Ruiz
Thania Ruiz rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2011
My name is Ann Edwards ("A. E.") Cannon, and I write books for young readers, as well as a weekly column for the Deseret News. I also teach creative writing and work as a bookseller at the famous King's English Bookshop in Salt Lake City. My husband, Ken, and I have five (count 'em) sons, two daughters-in-law, no grandchildren (not yet, anyway) two parakeets, one parrot, two cats, and two dogs. On ...more
More about Ann Edwards Cannon...