Start by marking “Foreign Exchange (Glee, #2)” as Want to Read:
Foreign Exchange (Glee, #2)

Foreign Exchange (Glee #2)

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  637 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
Can Rachel Berry rock a beret? McKinley High goes international and invites a French glee club to town - ooh la la! In this hilarious culture-clash story, Kurt gets an entourage, Finn falls for a new girl, and Puck realizes that some suave moves are lost in translation.

In this second original novel, you'll get more mash-ups, more show-mance, and more Sue in a brand-new st
Published February 15th 2011 by Poppy (first published February 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Foreign Exchange, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foreign Exchange

Mary (BookHounds)
Very rarely does a television show translate well into written word, but Glee: Foreign Exchange is pitch perfect. I really felt like each voice of the cast was captured perfectly and the story flowed just as well as a television script. That said, there is no music that makes this book sing like the television show. It would have been wonderful if there would have been snippets of the song available online to go with the book. As far as this being just a young adult novel, it is better than most ...more
Sean Kennedy
Feb 18, 2011 Sean Kennedy rated it it was ok
I'm not expecting high literature when it comes to a television tie-in novel. The first book released, "The Beginning", had a lot of continuity errors with the show itself but still had the spark of the characters. This book is lacking, which is a surprise as it is the same author. And there's no logic to the plot - which, well, is kind of like the show, but still...
Abbie
Mar 11, 2011 Abbie rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, 2011
Was is particularly brilliant writing? No. Was it Glee? Yes. For that it earns 3 stars. Its subject matter is slightly above the younger gleeks. It had it cute moments, but you know what it needed? More Brit. I would love a book told entirely from her point of view.
Maria Eleynita
I still think I like the series better and guess what i still don't dig Rachel Berry. Haha!
Liz
Mar 14, 2011 Liz rated it really liked it
Shelves: tv-series-novel
Glee: Foreign Exchange is a great follow up novel to Glee: The Beginning, and focuses on the arrival of French exchange students arriving at McKinley High. The book starts off with Mr Schuster announcing that members of a French Glee Club from Lyon will be attending McKinley for a week. Everyone is looking forward to meeting the new students, and their arrival stirs up a lot of excitement. Kurt meets his fashion soulmates, Tina connects with a shy artist and Rachel meets her French counterpart; ...more
Jesse Owen
Apr 13, 2011 Jesse Owen rated it it was amazing
Before I start this review(?) I have to declare (again :D ) that I love Glee, I love the stories, the music and perhaps most of all Sue Sylvester. Thinking back however to my review of the first Glee book I remember thinking that this would be perfect if we had the songs. This time however I didn’t need them, the story was interesting and engaging – I love the image of seeing the French Glee kids coming over and spending time with New Directions.

It introduces us to a whole new set of characters
Mari - loves to read
Apr 04, 2011 Mari - loves to read rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review

A French glee club is visiting the glee club at McKinley High. Can Rachel handle the competition? Why does Kurt get all the girls? Will Finn runaway to France with his new crush?

As I've said before I love, LOVE Glee and I very much enjoyed reading the first Glee novel so when this one showed up in my mailbox I had to read it ASAP.

This time the Glee kids is in for a surprise, but how will things work out when the French Glee club arrive at McKinley High? Mr. Schuster assigns each of his Glee mem
Josh
Dec 31, 2011 Josh rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Glee fans
This is the second in the Glee book series released for young adults that I have read. It has a decent premise, but the story feels rushed and with many other books aimed for young adults written with great detail and depth, this book feels very slight, disposable, forgettable. That's a shame. The main thrust of the plot is the arrival of a French Glee club to William McKinley High and the interaction of the two groups. And that's the entire plot. Of course, there is hook-ups, jealousy, language ...more
Maud
Dec 28, 2012 Maud rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any real Glee fans
Can Rachel Berry rock a beret? McKinley High goes international and invites a French glee club to town! In this hilarious culture-clash story, Kurt gets an entourage, Finn falls for a new girl, and Puck realizes that some suave moves are lost in translation. In this second original novel, you'll get more mash-ups, more show-mance, and more Sue.

Pro's/Con's
The one con that I had with this book is that everything is kind of predictable. You can easily predict what is going to happen and how everyon
Sarah O'Neill
“Foreign Exchange”

This book was terrific! I really enjoyed how, unlike the first book, this book had a theme.
I like how the First book is an introduction of a bit about how it became glee and the school dance, and I loved it so much.
But this one I enjoyed better because we got to hear about the Foreign Exchange students that were coming here to visit, and it was really interesting imagining new people in the book.

It was interesting imagining everyone in this book liking someone different or be
Stephanie A.
Nov 17, 2014 Stephanie A. rated it liked it
Shelves: own-it
Definitely my favorite of the 3. This is the one that's easiest to accept as part of canon, even though it's full of original characters. Because said characters (a French glee club, led by a former exchange student Mr. Schue befriended in his own high school days - that's right! he has a grown-up friend!) are all really well done. Kurt's "entourage" (composed of 3 girls who hang on his every word about fashion, evidently unaware of his sexuality) is adorable, but I'm mostly talking about Celest ...more
Jenny
Feb 15, 2012 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quarter-3
Menoedh
Have to say buku ini lebih baik dari buku pertamanya dari segi isi cerita. Lebih menarik karena mereka memasukkan karakter-karakter baru yaitu para anggota klub Glee yang berasal dari sekolah di Prancis sehingga interaksi antara New Directions dan mereka jadi lebih rame. Lebih baik dari buku pertama bukan berarti hebat banget juga, masih typical cerita sederhana buku cerita untuk (pre)teen. Nilai plus-nya buat gue pribadi adalah bagaimana penulis buku ini tetap stick true to the character's pers ...more
Chihiro Ushida
Apr 22, 2013 Chihiro Ushida rated it really liked it
Shelves:
*headline / glee series
*4/21=20min 4/22=45min

*high school/bully/sing/international/problems/friendship/good

*Do you like singing a song? What kind of song do you like?
I like singing a song but I am not good at singing. I like J-pop and K-pop. However, recentlly I listen to One Direction and Taylor Swift.

*When you were a high school student, what did you suffer from?
I always worried about my test score and record. I think my high school, my high school friends and teacher are wonferful, so I nev
Anna
Sep 04, 2012 Anna rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-of-2012
I got this and the first book from the public libary and since I already had it at home I read it eventhough I did not like the first one. Believe it or not, it got even worse.
The characters are dull and do not have the depth they have in the show (and even in the show they do not have the depth they should have. The way Puck was written was a joke, not to speak of the "Cheerios". Stereotypes everywhere. Rachel is annoying, Kurt gay, Mercedes is sassy, Tina shy...good lord we know!!!!
The book h
Lynsey
Dec 05, 2012 Lynsey rated it liked it
Esil
Oct 05, 2014 Esil rated it liked it
3,5

Glee'yi dizi olarak çok seviyorum, yani Cory öncesini. Ama Glee şarkılarla güzel ve kitaplar o kadar ahım şahım değil.
Littlebookfxngirl
Dec 03, 2014 Littlebookfxngirl rated it it was ok
too far off what happened in the tv show and for that a bit hard to get into the story.
Rhian
Oct 29, 2014 Rhian rated it it was ok
Enjoy the programme and was nice to see the images written descriptively in a book.
Kendall Koll
Mar 26, 2014 Kendall Koll rated it it was amazing
It's a great book from a 3 book series.
Mickey
Apr 15, 2011 Mickey rated it liked it
I am a total gleek and I love the TV series but these books are so basic and they are lacking plot. Also, the timeline of events totally clashes with what happens on TV. A French group of exchange students has NEVER been on Glee and it's really stupid to write about something that hasn't happened. If I wasn't such a fan of the show, I would have rated this book a 1 star. It's like its written for a first grader while the TV show is directed towards a teenage audience. I don't know if I'll read t ...more
Jessica
Jan 27, 2014 Jessica rated it liked it
Between the three glee books, this is probably the best. Read if you like glee, but there's no point if you don't.
Abigail
Jul 18, 2015 Abigail rated it it was amazing
love the show- and the book is just as great!
Book Fiend
I finished the first one, and had to continue on. Both books (and then the third) are original stories, and yes, it did feel like reading an episode of Glee. And yes, I am going crazy during the summer hiatus. I am a Gleek, and I love the show - most specifically the pairing of Brittany/Santana - so, these books may be waaaay below my reading level, but they're helping during the horrible time of summer hiatus.
Katie Price-Hughes
Jan 05, 2015 Katie Price-Hughes rated it it was ok
This book was not as good as I hope.
Stefanie Kellum
May 27, 2011 Stefanie Kellum rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-teens
So this is far from high literature, but if you need a Glee fix to hold you over until season three starts in September, this (and the first book) reads just like a lost episode of Glee. The characters and dialog are pitch perfect and the point of view shifts suddenly from character to character so you get a glimpse inside the mind of all of them. My only request - more Emma!
Rebecca
Aug 05, 2012 Rebecca rated it liked it
Better than the first one, but not a book I'd read again. I think Glee is better as a TV series than a book series. I miss the music, the expressions, the actors and just the atmosphere that this book lacks.

On the contrary I can easily see this book being made into an episode and it was kinda fun seeing how the club worked instead of reading a prequel to the series. :)
Lynda
Apr 05, 2016 Lynda rated it really liked it
Shelves: glee, singing
Now Mr. Shue is in charge and all the kids from the show are in the club.
Quinn is pregnant, but everyone knows it's not Finn's child.
In this book, one of Mr. Shue's friends from back when he was in the glee club at the school is invited to Lima with his high school kids he teaches in France.
They have their dramas and sing their songs.
I like it.
Danielle
Sep 15, 2011 Danielle rated it it was ok
Shelves: glee
It was alright. Not nearly as good as the tv show, and it didnt follow the tv show 100%, which bothered me. It was a cute story, but i wasn't crazy about this. (it took me almost a month to read what should have been read in an afternoon.) Reading this just made me miss the show. I'm glad its coming back on in a few days.
Alex
Apr 13, 2011 Alex rated it liked it
Even better than the first original novel! Once again, the author manages to capture each character's "voice" so distinctly, that I could often figure out who was talking without even being told.

I really enjoyed reading this, it was honestly like watching a brand new episode of Glee.
  • Don't Stop Believin': The Unofficial Guide to Glee
  • Archie Meets Glee
  • Glee: The Official William McKinley High School Yearbook
  • Poetry in Motion (High School Musical: Stories from East High, #3)
  • Finding Lost: The Unofficial Guide
  • Secret Identity (Lost, #2)
  • Crunch Time (High School Musical: Stories from East High, #4)
  • Signs of Life (Lost, #3)
  • Choosing Glee: 10 Rules to Finding Inspiration, Happiness, and the Real You
  • The Poisoned Chalice (The Adventures of Merlin Series 1, #4)
  • Beverly Hills 90210 (Beverly Hills, 90210 #1)
  • The Random House Book of Ghost Stories
  • Get Your Vote On (High School Musical, Stories from East High, #8)
  • It's All Relative! (Wizards of Waverly Place, #1)
  • Simon's Cat: Wake Up!
  • The Mark of Nimueh (The Adventures of Merlin Series 1, #3)
  • Now You See Her, Now You Don't (Sabrina The Teenage Witch, #16)
  • The Last Dragonlord (The Adventures of Merlin Series 2, #13)
Sophia Lowell is the pen name for a talented and seasoned YA novelist.
More about Sophia Lowell...

Glee (3 books)
  • The Beginning (Glee, #1)
  • Summer Break (Glee, #3)