Start by marking “The Parent's Guide to Food Allergies: Clear and Complete Advice from the Experts on Raising Your Food-Allergic Child” as Want to Read:

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The most comprehensive book on dealing with childhood food allergies, a problem that affects more than four million children in the United States.

Each year thousands of children in this country are diagnosed with one or more food allergies. For them -- and their parents and caregivers -- the ordinary patterns of life are profoundly disrupted. As families struggle with a se
Published April 10th 2001 by Holt Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Parent's Guide to Food Allergies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parent's Guide to Food Allergies

Colleen
This is the book that taught me how to take care of Tyler. When he was first diagnosed with a life-threatening milk allergy, the allergist we saw was less than helpful. If it wasn't for this book, I would have had no clue how to keep Tyler safe. I recommend this book for anyone who has a child diagnosed with a food allergy.
Kate Krier
One of the best books that I have read when dealing with food allergies. My eight year old daughter was diagnosed (at 7 months of age) as anaphylactic to dairy, eggs, fish, sehllfish, nuts and peanuts. This book explained quite a bit and made me realize that things will eventually get better.
Amanda
Grabbed this at the library this week. It's been awhile since I've read or thought a whole lot about Posey's food allergy {peanuts}. I found this book to be a good refresher and reminder to keep up my viligance and also how to talk to others about it.
Holman
Sep 20, 2008 Holman rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents of food allergic children
Recommended to Holman by: AllergyMoms.com
Great advice on raising children with life-threatening food allergies, from shopping and evaluating foods, to travelling, to legal rights in public schools. A cupcake recipe that got me through the good times and the bad.
Maeghan
This is one of the best books about allergies I've read. It is also very easy to read. I'm having my whole family read it to deal with my two year old daughters peanut allergy!
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Goga
Goga marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
E
E marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2009
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2008