Start by marking “The Glades: Sunny With A Chance of Homicide (Pilot Script)” as Want to Read:
The Glades: Sunny With A Chance of Homicide (Pilot Script)

The Glades: Sunny With A Chance of Homicide (Pilot Script)

Jim Longworth is an attractive and brilliant Chicago homicide detective
with a reputation for being difficult. When his captain wrongfully accuses
him of sleeping with his wife and shoots him, he is exiled and forced to
relocate. He lands in the sleepy, middle-of-nowhere town of Palm Glade,
outside of Florida s Everglades, where sunshine and golf are plentiful and
crime is seem
Published June 10th 2010 by TWENTIETH CENTURY (first published June 8th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Glades, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Glades

2 1/2 Stars
I downloaded this for free on my Nook, thinking that it was a novel, and then I found out that it is a screenplay for a TV show and only 42 pages long. I've never watched the show (I don't really watch TV at all anymore), so I don't have that to reference, but I thought it was OK to good, but not great. The show is probably better.

I took drama for a few years back in school, so I'm familiar with stage direction, but mainly for plays - not TV shows. I'm not sure if there's a big diffe
Aug 18, 2010 Shelley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just my own personal pet peeve. This is the script for the show so it does not read well. You have to be familiar with the stage directions, etc. I do occasionally watch this show on tv and I get so amused watching it. I grew up in Tampa. I can take you within 1/8 of a mile or less of exactly where they shot the first scene in the pilot of this show. But one thing you will not find nearby---the Everglades. They are several hours away from the Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater area. I have a hard time be ...more
Sep 22, 2011 Tristan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I highly enjoyed this short book - particularly the set notes. I had not seen this episode prior to reading, but I could visualize the set takes and rushes in my mind and I could also see the editing that would have taken place. I could even hear the soundtrack! Interesting enough, when I finally watched the beginning of this episode on Netflix, I did not enjoy it as much as when I was seeing it in my mind (such that after the first scene, I turned it off). This is an instance where I think the ...more
Jean Oram
Jul 31, 2010 Jean Oram rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other
I've never read a TV script before, but this one was kind of interesting. There was a twist I didn't see coming and the character has enough of a 'quirk' that this could be a humorous show. Unfortunately I don't get A&E so I haven't been able to see the pilot (this is a script for the pilot of this new series).
Feb 27, 2016 Paige rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: script, realisic, crime
It was interesting. I wouldn't watch the show, but it was an okay read. It just didn't have enough for me, I wanted to like it but it just didn't work out, though there was a nice little twist to the story. I thought it was neat that it was a script sort of format and that there was pictures from the set included at the end.
Sep 12, 2012 Isabel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I down loadedbthis book, thinking is was a short novel. I was wrong, it was a screen play. I read 19 pages and lost interest. I live in flirida, have been since 1989. I have jot seen the movie The Glades, but I am familar with the Glades. The screen play was not strong enough to hold my attention.
Mar 10, 2013 Kyra rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is kind of a pointless read. The problem is that it's exactly like the first episode of the show, and while that isn't a bad thing it's written in a way that it is supposed to be a script for the show so the reading is confusing. Your best bet is to just watch the show.
Jun 04, 2011 Komal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Saturday, June 04, 2011: Whoo hoo! Got this book for free on my Nook! The book sounds good maybe if I like it enough I'll start watching the show too.

Saturday, June 04, 2011: Finished! Ha! Short and sweet, and it didn't hurt that it was the screenplay for possibly an episode.
Jun 09, 2011 Mrs.b rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, this got me hooked on the show for certain...let's hear it for the free download from Barnes & Noble! One of the first books I read on my new Nook. I really appreciate the attitude of the main character...he can make homicide almost fun!
Aug 28, 2012 Marnie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Disappointed in the format short story ebook was in. I see that this was the spinoff of show the Glades. I wonder if show was good. Is it still on? Might overall be better to watch then to read in script form
Aug 09, 2010 Carla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys a mystery
this wasn't what i expected. i didn't expect it to be "the pilot" of the usa show. however, with that said, it was good. i was able to read it in 2 nights. now i think i'll check out the show and see if it's just as good.
Nov 25, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad, very quick as it was the screenplay for this show on A&E. After reading this screenplay I'm interested in watching the series. If you like shows like Bones, this eBook and the show will probably appeal to you.
For being the script to the television show's first episode, it's a nice murder mystery. Not perfect, but the story keeps the ball rolling with interesting characters, plot twists you don't always see coming, and nice pacing.
It was free. That is the only good thing about it. It is the screenplay for the show on TV. Difficult to read and get into . I could not finish.
Jan 28, 2011 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Any fan of Carl Hiaasen, Randy Wayne White, Elmore Leonard, or Tim Dorsey will love A&E's new tv series. I was hooked after reading this pilot script!
Beez Beasley
Was written as a pilot for a TV show. Quick read...didnt guess the end ahead of time. Might watch the show after reading this.
Sep 20, 2011 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Imagine my disappointment as I opened my new digital book and discovered that it was not an ebook. Just a script.
Jul 05, 2010 Virginia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is actually a screenplay for a new series on Starz. Liked the characters and the twist so will probably watch the show.
The book is basically the scrip of the pilot episode of the A&E TV Series "The Glades". Even still, I found it pretty interesting to read especially reading it soon after watching the episode.
Sonya Sherow
Please Note: This is a 42 page script for the TV show The Glades.
I did enjoy this script that had plenty of laugh out loud moments. Now I wished I had watched the TV show.
Nov 15, 2011 Macjest rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the script for the first episode of an original series on A&E. It was a free download, so I took a chance on it. It had quite the twist ending.
Aug 05, 2016 Sandy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paige, phoebe, 2015
Interesting. I've never read a tv 'script'(?) before. I've never seen this show either. Interesting and weird.
Jay A. Yap
This was a fast read but rather meh. I haven't seen the show but this did nothing to convince me that it would be worth my time. Recommended only if you want a short read as filler.
More of a script for the pilot than a book but still a good read. I could picture the pilot in my mind as I read so that helped. Might not be so easy for someone unfamiliar with the TV show.
Dec 15, 2011 Amber rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
This was so not what I expected... I should of read the description of it first... That goodness it was free
I downloaded this think it was a novel, like thry havr for lots of popular TV shows but no, it was the script for the pilot which I've alredy scene :(
Jenene W.
Had no idea this was written as a screenplay for a television episode. Very difficult to read with the all of the "fade in, fade out", etc. Glad it was a free download from B&N!
Jackie rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Aimee rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Northfield
  • Life Blood
  • Cain's Apples
  • Siren of the Waters (Commander Jana Matinova, #1)
  • The Vanishing (Return of the Aliens #1)
  • Heart of the Witch
  • The Devil's Cradle (Kendall O'Dell #2)
  • Golde the Mother (Lost Tales of Mercia, #1)
  • Chinatown Beat (A Detective Jack Yu Investigation #1)
  • County Line
  • Dark Legacy
  • Moscow Sting (Anna Resnikov, #2)
  • Hour of the Hunter (Walker Family, #1)
  • Temptation (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #5)
  • Weddings Can Be Murder