Start by marking “My Immortal Assassin (My Immortals #3)” as Want to Read:
My Immortal Assassin (My Immortals #3)

My Immortal Assassin (My Immortals #3)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  331 ratings  ·  46 reviews
TEMPTED BY REVENGE...

Grayson Spencer is hellbent on killing the dark mage who destroyed her life. But when her attempt fails, she is forced to turn to Durian, a feared demon and expert assassin. Newly armed with powerful magic she's barely able to control, she'll do whatever it takes to complete her mission--even surrender to a dangerous fiend whose eyes promise unimaginab
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published January 1st 2011 by Forever (first published December 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about My Immortal Assassin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Immortal Assassin

City of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Ashes by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareThe Summoning by Kelley ArmstrongWicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Dude, Where's My Forehead?
467th out of 862 books — 624 voters
Must Love Vampires by Heidi BettsDancer's Illusion by Ann MaxwellBelle Fury by Lola DodgeDancer by Viola GraceHeart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh
Dancer in Paranormal Romance
7th out of 9 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Melindeeloo
I liked My Immortal Assassin a great deal, it was dark and sexy with intense tension building in the romance and I really liked both of the leads the good demon assassin Durian and the and the woman, Gray, who has escaped her imprisonment by a power hungry mage but who through the final act of a sacrificial victim is human no more. Even though the pair start on uneven footing, I really liked that Gray is strong enough that she truly becomes and equal to Durian who has centuries of experience to ...more
Lacrima
It's more of a 3.5 or maybe 3.75.

I won this book from a giveaway over at oddshots, picking the third book in the series, despite not having read the first two, because I had the impression that I would love this couple. And I was not disappointed.

***spoiler alert***

I love a strong female lead. The last heroine with a (former) dancing career made me want to wring her neck because she was such a whiny, little...But Grayson? Grayson kicks butt. Probably quite literally if the need arises. I started
Mary (BookHounds)
Carolyn Jewel has been a guilty pleasure of mine for several years. She was one of the first paranormal authors that I ever read and helped introduce me to the genre. I was lucky to have started with her. This is the third installment of the Witch series and it doesn't disappoint. I really enjoyed the interplay between Gray and Durian. It is a real pleasure to watch the love between them develop and grow. There are some real page turning moments that are action packed.
Paranormal Haven

Grayson was just a normal human until Christophe dit Menart took her and planned to breed her with one of his bonded demons. But things didn't go as Christophe planned. Grayson is able to escape the powerful mage with powers of her own that she plans to use to take her revenge. Before Grayson could do this she is stopped by Durian, a deadly demon assassin, who understands what Grayson has been through. He has agreed to take her in and teach her how to use her new powers. The desire that
Mandi Schreiner
I’m stealing the blurb for this one, because honestly, this world confuses me. I found myself rereading numerous pages and the glossary, trying to cement in my head the difference between mageheld, magekind, fiend and Kin. There is a glossary at the beginning which definitely helped me out but at the same time, I have to say it felt a little bit like too much work to read this book. Maybe it is just me! I don’t know.

But don’t get me wrong. Although I never fully connected with the world building
Bookaholics
My Immortal Assassin by Carolyn Jewel
Paranormal Romance – Jan. 3rd, 2010
4 stars

My Immortal Assassin by Carolyn Jewel is a paranormal romance that features a heroine named, Anna Grayson Spencer. Gray is bent on revenge but must make a deal with the devil or in this case a demon.

Gray has escaped from Christophe dit Menart and is seeking Nikodemus, the Demon Warlord of the free fiends. She is unprepared for the changes when she was endowed with magic. She seeks vengeance against the magekind who sa
Mara
If you are reading My Immortal Assassin you are (probably) already a fan of this series. Then you already know how good the world-building is and that this is a PNR with a darker UF edge.

If you are not a fan, you should start from the first to fully appreciate it. It's not necessary, I think you could read this and get an idea. But you can understand a lot more and, above all, you will like My Immortal Assassin more. :)

Both hero and heroine are survivors: strong, tough, somewhat bitter. Contrary
Heather
I have to say, I love connecting with other authors on Twitter. Ms. Jewel was kind enough to send out some of her books to eager readers via a Twitter giveaway. I anxiously waited by the mailbox for my package! I've read both My Immortal Assassin, and My Dangerous Pleasure.

I need to rewind and get the first two books of this series. I didn't realize that there were other books until I was well into this one, and I wasn't about to stop.=)That is a pet peeve of mine (not to begin with the first bo
Michelle
I enjoyed this book but I’ll admit, I was a little confused by the world building. I had read the previous novel, My Forbidden Desire, but I guess it was so long ago I didn’t remember much. Typically after a few chapters I can get the gist of what is going on or jump start my brain to remember but I don’t know if it ever really clicked with that story. That said, I think this tells me that this story would have been more enjoyable if I read the series closer together. I say this because I enjoye ...more
Jamie Kline
My opinion: Ok to start out I'll give you a little insight into the "beings" in this book. First there are demons (no explanation needed really there). Fiends are a subspecies of demon. A mage is a male who practices magic. Magekind refers to people who practice magic. There are also those called Mageheld, who are fiends (or other demons) who are basically enslaved by the magekind. Also notable in this book are warlords, fiends who have other fiends that are loyal to them.
Grayson Spencer is det
Mary Gramlich
MY IMMORTAL ASSASSIN by Carolyn Jewel
Book #3 in the Witches Series
01/11 - Grand Central Publishing - Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

Worlds collide, hearts are won over and love dances onto the pages

Anna Grayson Spencer saw life in a certain manner until someone she loved died and willed his magic to her. Gray went from human to magekind and needed someone to help her learn how to deal with this new found life. The man for the job is Durian a warlord’s assassin set up to help Gray not only by he
Heather Lire
Durian is a fiend that was a slave to a mage, until he was freed by Alexandrina and Xia. He is a warlord that owes his fealty to Nikodemus, and the peace that he is working on between the mages and the fiends.

Gray wants only to kill the mage that took away her life, and killed her sister. She is also dealing with all the new magic flowing thru her.

What neither of the expected was each other and the feelings that they have for each other.

One of the things that I like best about Carolyn’s books th
Renee
I've been a big fan of Carolyn Jewel's books since reading, Scandal (see review), one of my Top 5 historical romances. Since then, her My series has become one of my Top 5 paranormal romances. It's been a long wait for Durian's story (the previous My Forbidden Desire was released May 2009), and I was really happy when the author offered to send an early copy of My Immortal Assassin to me.

One of the things I really enjoy about this series is the originality of the world. The demons (known as the
Kelly Moran
When not writing, award-winning author Carolyn Jewel is a Database Administrator. Other titles under historical romances include: Indiscreet, Scandal, The Spare, Lord Ruin, Passion's Song and Stolen Love. Other titles under paranormal romance include: A Darker Crimson, My Wicked Enemy, My Forbidden Desire, and My Dangerous Pleasure (coming June 2011). Carolyn resides in northern California with her son, three cats, a border collie, several chickens, and some sheep.

Anna "Gray" Spencer is determi
Chrissy
My Immortal Assassin is book #3 in Caroln Jewel's Witches series. It is always good to read series books in order however this book can be read as a stand alone book. I was able to move threw the book with out needing to get the other two books to figure out what was going on in book three.

I fell in love with the characters from the start and was pulling for them all the way to the end. The author does a wonderful job with all the character descriptions. My favorite romance books are paranormal
Rina Amz
There is definitely heat but a lot of teasing until you reach the second half of the book)

From page one you are plunged into a world of Kin and Mages. Kin are powerful demons who use their magic to transform themselves into beautiful beings that closely resemble humans, while Mages are powerful wizards whose secret long term goal is to rid the world of free Kin.

Grayson Spencer, a human, is forced to choose sides when a evil Mage turns her life upside down. In an attempt to kill him she comes fac
April
MY IMMORTAL ASSASSIN by Carolyn Jewel is a paranormal romance present day San Francisco,California.It is the third in "My Immortal Series"( #1 My Wicked Enemy, #2 My Forbidden Desire),but can be read as a stand alone. It is well written with an engaging storyline,that is easy to follow.The characters are engaging,easy to follow and will have you wanting more.It has love, romance,magic,demons,witches,sensuality,dark evil, secrets,humans,revenge,assassin,fighting for peace between the paranormal w ...more
Freda mans
I heard recently this was part of a series. I had no idea, and frankly after reading the book, it doesn't matter. You can read it as a stand alone. I didn't feel lost at all.
I really like Durian and Gray, even if she had really bad fashion sense. I was rooting for them right off the bat. Their chemistry is pretty intense for the lack of sex in the book.
Don't go thinking there wasn't any sex, it just wasn't the focus of the story. Romance or not. It was mostly paranormal fiction for me.
The one th
Kimi
I received a copy of this book through Goodreads "First Reads" giveaway.

I think the world building is very good, but maybe a little too complex for me. It’s a little confusing at times and I had some trouble keeping the facts and relationships straight, but it did pique my curiosity enough that I kept reading to learn more. After finishing the book, I’m still not entirely sure I grasped enough to explain how everything works, but I did enjoy the story.

I read this book at a slower-than-usual pace
Elaine Golden
My Immortal Assassin is book 3 in Jewel's witches UF series. It's Durian's story, and introduces some new characters, including the heroine, Gray.

I find Jewel's witches series particularly interesting, because her world and the inter-workings of the kin (or demons) are based on feudal-like alliances and hierarchy, as well as a notable bi-sexual & polyamorous undertones. I find it notable, not because I think it's bad, but rather because it is so unusual to find it so openly explored in mains
Melinda
I picked this one up without the intent of reading it right away (especially since it was 3rd in a series). However, I was immediately drawn into the story and had a hard time putting it down.

I love the way the story played out and I'm glad it had a fairly happy ending.

Gray and Durian worked very well together. Gray is a very strong character and I hope to read about them in future books.

I'm looking forward to reading the 1st to books in the series and picking up after this one. I do hope that G
Dana
★ ★ ★ ½

This was a good, solid installment in the series that I enjoy as much as the first. This book had some strong development of the long term series plot that I was glad to see and really appreciated. These characters (Durian and Grey) were interesting and I really liked Grey. No moments of wanting to slap her. :)

Another asset to the story was that fact that all the scenes with the couples from past books were necessary as opposed to just throwing them in so you can say, "Hi!" to characters
Roxy
Jun 28, 2011 Roxy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mine
I love this world and the voice @cjewel uses. I found myself pausing midway through the story wondering why I was reading it. Yet the main character, as difficult as I found her to really like let alone her "hero", continued to compel me to find her ending, happy or otherwise. The hints of depth given to other characters in the world kept me focused. In the forefront of my mind was Iskander, and that I needed to see how this part of the world developed to truly appreciate what he would face in t ...more
Angie
I won this book from First Reads on goodreads.com ... I must say I loved it... its just what i love to read fast paced, action packed, and plenty of romance.... i couldnt put this book down not that i wanted to... i loved the story between Gray and Durian they shouldnt but they want to be with each other, the want, the need it kept me turning pages... very well writen i loved and now i must read the two previous books.... i recomend this book to everyone it has something for everyone...
Mariah
This book is filled with magic! Also assassin chic, a girl who dresses in bright colors, and a man who dresses in dark. Both kill to protect what's right. Utterly delicious.
Kimmyh
As far as the 'Big Picture', where this series is concerned, while I get that the Mages and Fiends are at war, I still don't really get the point of it all.

However, the books are entertaining enough that if the friend who sends them to me, when she's finished with them keeps sending them, I'll keep reading them.
Bridget
As soon as I finished this book, I wanted to go back and read the other two. I really enjoyed My Immortal Assassin and pictured myself as the heroine. I do that a lot:) I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book and I can't wait to see what else Carolyn comes up with.
JoAnn Ainsworth
I very much enjoyed the beginning and the end, but the middle slowed down for me. Christophe was not present enough to spend so many pages on Gray’s training. Seemed to be more on the training than on the final battle. Still, I’m glad I read it.
Joy
Really great book. It is number 3 in the series, which I was not aware of at the beginning. Thankfully, it was easy to follow along and I really enjoyed this book. I will definetly be reading book 1 and 2.
Cheyenne
I won this book through first reads give away. A tale that shows a unique look into the relationships one forms out of necessity. Grayson Spencer learned that sometimes you have to let go.
  • Captive Spirit (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #4)
  • Immortal Champion (Immortal Brotherhood, #3)
  • Sins of a Highland Devil (Highland Warriors, #1)
  • Skin Heat (Skin, #3)
  • How Sweet It is
  • Sins of the Flesh (Sin Hunters #1)
  • Night Betrayed (Envy Chronicles, #4)
  • Deadly Desires (Acro #1.5)
  • Midnight's Master (Midnight, #3)
  • Running Scared (Sentinel Wars, #3)
  • Possess Me (Bone Daddy, #1)
  • Warrior Ascended (Sons of the Zodiac, #1)
  • Demon Hunting in the Deep South (Demon Hunting, #2)
  • Vowed in Shadows (Marked Souls, #3)
  • Demon Marked (The Guardians, #7)
  • Demonkeepers (Nightkeepers, #4)
  • Demons Prefer Blondes (Demons Unleashed, #1)
  • Forbidden Blood (Forbidden, #1)
Carolyn Jewel was born on a moonless night. That darkness was seared into her soul and she became an award winning and USA Today bestselling author of historical and paranormal romance. She has a very dusty car and a Master’s degree in English that proves useful at the oddest times. An avid fan of fine chocolate, finer heroines, Bollywood films, and heroism in all forms, she has two cats and a dog ...more
More about Carolyn Jewel...
Scandal Lord Ruin My Wicked Enemy (My Immortals #1) My Forbidden Desire (My Immortals #2) Not Wicked Enough (Reforming the Scoundrels, #1)