Start by marking “Otherwise Engaged (Sunrise Key Trilogy #3)” as Want to Read:
Otherwise Engaged (Sunrise Key Trilogy #3)

Otherwise Engaged (Sunrise Key Trilogy #3)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  897 ratings  ·  58 reviews
A woman convinced she must choose between the sensual and the sensible, between romance and reality. A man who settled for nothing less than having it all. A powerful novel of second chances, last chances, and a relationship that almost wasn’t—by New York Times bestselling author Suzanne Brockmann…

It was the chance Molly Cassidy was waiting for and she wasn’t letting it sl
Kindle Edition, Loveswept #824, 306 pages
Published (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Otherwise Engaged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Otherwise Engaged

willaful
3.5 stars. Sunset Keys tycoon Preston and new resident Molly find themselves caught up in an increasingly complicated fake -- or is it real? -- relationship, when she is mistaken by the press for his latest love interest.

This started off seeming a bit overplotted and dumb -- and we never did find out why Pres wanted to buy Molly's house so much -- but got better and better as it went along. Molly kind of irritated me, practically wanting Pres to fall to his knees and propose the minute they had
SheLove2Read
I liked it. Not quite 4 stars but not a 3 either. Loved the hero of this book and the heroine's son. She wasn't bad but had a TSTL moment near the end that really irked me.

SPOILER ALERT

The heroine had been hurt by her previous husband who wasn't very forthcoming with his emotions and eventually cheated on her. I get that and I get that this is hurtful. But near the end of the book, our hero was asked by the heroine "what's your deepest darkest secret/desire?" And he couldn't answer her. Not beca
Kath
This is the best of this three book triology, but still only worthy of 3 stars. Unlike the other 2, I don't think you need to read Kiss and Tell and the Kissing Game (books 1 and 2) prior to reading this one. It stands fine on it's own, though you might have a better appreciation for a few of the secondary characters.

This is yet another earlier SB work, so I considered that when rating it 3 stars. I really did like the characters of Molly and Pres and loved her son Zander, who was hearing impair
Wendy
This is one of her early works that has been republished. I enjoyed the story of a batchelor billionaire Preston Seaholm, that thinks he can buy anything at the right price, but soon finds out that not everyone can be bought when he meets Molly Cassidy and her 10 yr. old son Zander. After he is made Batchelor of the Year by a magazine the pressure gets to be too much with the press and he spontaniously announces that he is getting married. The press assumes that he is involved with Molly and the ...more
Melinda
The third of the Sunrise Key trilogy, it was pretty much just "ok" although it was interesting to have a book address issues of dealing with a hearing-impaired child, and the relationship of the child to the story. I thought our heroine was a bit more stubborn than necessary about almost everything, so that was annoying for me. And, ok, I read time travel so why finding the whole paparazzi element unrealistic I'm not sure! Unfortunately it was necessary to drive the plot, and I had a hard time b ...more
Dee
Two-haiku review:

He's rich, wants her house
She doesn't want to sell it
Craziness ensues

Pretend engagement
And hoards of paparazzi
Not believable
jenjn79
3.5 stars actually...A short, sweet love story. The kind of thing to read when you want a basic romance that will make you smile and believe in happily-ever-after. It's not real involved and pretty simple storyline wise. Which is typical of a category romance book. But it was a nice read.

It's an older Brockmann book and very different from what she produces these days. So if you're a fan of the Troubleshooters series, it's not a given you'll like this book. I'd compare it to something you'd find
Gina
I needed something light to break up the Zoe Archer Blades of the Rose series. This fit the bill. It reads more like a novella than a full book. I finished it in about 2 hours total reading time. It was like a small piece of chocolate after dinner rather than a full dessert. I liked the characters and the 10 year old son of the heroine was more than a simple plot moppet. Instead of being left with a smile at the incredibly happy ending, though, all I was really left wanting to know was...Why did ...more
Joi
Quick, simple romance books.
Anita
Fun, light, well written - everything you want in a romance. I love Suzanne Brockmann's early romances. I read one when I just want a happy ending without the angst that current romances seem covered in.

Molly has inherited a home on Sunrise Key. Her plan is to turn it into a B&B. Preston Seaholm has had his eye on the property for some time and has offered Molly a lot of money for it. Molly is hanging onto her dream of being self sufficient for her and her son, Zander, who is hearing impaire
Donna
I liked the character, especially Preston. I was nice to have a hero that was a really nice guy no major hang ups. Yes he rich but he is not some jerk with control issues... For the most part. And I liked his the relationship and respect with the heroins son, it was sweet.

The heroin was cool in the beginning with a good sense of humor but got a little annoying as time went on. I understand she didn't want to repeat her past mistakes but damn women just date him for a bit and learn about him... D
Robin
The press won't leave Billionaire Preston Seaholm alone when he is named the Most Eligible Bachelor in the country by Fantasy Man magazine. Desperate to be left alone, Preston claims that he is engaged, but won't tell them the name of his fiancee. The press quickly jumps to conclusions when they see Preston talking to Molly Cassidy who he had just met. Molly goes along with the ruse and soon they are making public appearances in hopes the media frenzy will die down and just leave them alone.

This
Jana (That Artsy Reader Girl)
Not my favorite... I did not like Molly's reason for not wanting to be with Pres. Weak.
Michelle
Good, solid writing makes ANY idea for a book a good one.
Kate McMurry
Reissue of Bantam Loveswept #824 from 1997

I read the Kindle version of this book, and it is well formatted and edited, making it easy to read.

Molly Cassidy is a 30-year-old widow with a bright, sensitive, 10-year-old son who has been diagnosed with progressive, irreversible hearing loss. She has inherited a dilapidated mansion on a small island called Sunrise Key, near the Western Panhandle of Florida in the Gulf of Mexico. There are only a little over 600 residents on Sunrise Key, and one of th
LaFleurBleue
When buying it, I had seen that the book was rather thin but as it was wrapped under a film, I had not perused it yet and thus not realized it was also printed with a rather large font. That combined with the less than 300 pages make it a very very short reading (2 hours).
The characters were overall nice; I especially liked how Molly's son and Preston start to relate and build a relationship. However the overall storyline felt dumb and fake, with the stupid PR-induced engagement, notwithstanding
Sharyn
Oh I did not know this was the 3rd of a trilogy. Just wanted an audio book to listen to. Realized it was an older book after looking at the date because of the smoking! It bothered me until Molly made him stop. A cute love story when you need something light to read or listen to. Prefer her newer book thoug.
Becky
This story was pretty cute! It's obvious from the beginning that Preston and Molly will wind up together, but the ride was still fun. Molly's son Zander is hearing impaired and Preston does some pretty cool stuff for him. Obviously, this helps Molly realize just how great of a guy Pres really is. There wasn't much turmoil for the two of them to work through. The whole publicity mess and the fake engagement really wasn't a big deal and I was surprised that there wasn't something more for them to ...more
Lana
The thing I'm disappointed about is this is only a trilogy and I wanted a book about Hayden.
Evelyn
Widow Molly Cassidy moves into an old home on Sunrise Key with her 10-year-old hearing impaired son Zander after rebuffing attempts from a local millionaire who wants to buy the property. Too bad that she's falling in love with him.

A nice early romance from Brockmann. I always enjoy her books because she develops her characters and treats disabilities as possibilities. The story can stand alone, you don't need to read in order.
Sueij
Light and fluffy, this still manages to tell a lovely little romance where the characters have to deal with conflict within themselves, between the two, and between them and the world. The emotional story is as real as the events driving the characters, and they continue to change and act based on both internal and external forces, just like real people do in real life. As always, Suz's books are worth reading.
Meaghan
not her best but still entertaining
Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
A good read despite it being a bit short for my liking. I would have liked the book more if it had more character development (I thought both characters were somewhat shallow). I did enjoy reading about Molly's son Zander and his plights as a ten-year-old boy with a degenerative hearing impairment, definitely something I have not read a lot in romance novels so it was a nice addition.
Marjorie
Preston Seaholm, billionaire, doesn't know how to take no as an answer. Molly Cassidy has no trouble telling him no in that she won't sell the Kirk Estate. Then Preston is named Fantasy Man's Most Eligible Bachelor which brings him loads of unwanted publicity. His machinations to get out of all that bring Molly and her son Zander into the fray. From there, the love begins.
Shea
This was a very light entertaining read from Brockmann. This book borderlined on "ok" but was lifted up by the character of Zander, who is hearing impaired. I enjoyed the information about ASL. Also, I enjoy the banter between the two lead characters, Molly and Preston. Brockmann's characters always have a sense of humor.
Darcy
I really liked this one. Loved how Molly lipped off to Preston not knowing who he was, and then learning who he was, her reaction was even better. I also really loved Xander. He brought some extra fun to the book. I also thought the magazine craziness brought some zany fun.
Becky
Definitely the best of the series. Both Molly and Preston needed to get a grip at times, and parts of the story really tested the boundary of believeable, but all in all it was a cute read. The hearing impaired son was a really nice touch, and one you don't see much.
Maggie
Great series. I was worried about book 3 in this series because it didn't revolve around the siblings but the characters of this book were really great. The 9 year old deaf son was the highlight of the story, I loved his character!
  • Her Guardian
  • On Target (Special Operations, #3)
  • His Second-Chance Family (The Women of Brambleberry House, #2)
  • Present Danger
  • Trust Me on This
  • Too Far Gone (SEAL Team 12, #6)
  • The Moon Looked Down
  • In Your Wildest Dreams
  • From the First (The Moorehouse Legacy, #3)
  • Night Shadow (T-FLAC, #14)
  • Familiar Stranger (A Year Of Loving Dangerously)
  • Red's Hot Honky-Tonk Bar
  • Baby Twins: Parents Needed
  • The Officer Breaks The Rules (Semper Fi, #2)
  • The Icing on the Cake
  • The Seduction of Shamus O'Rourke (Jamesville, #4)
  • Whose Baby?
  • Scandal's Daughter (Series, #1)
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married with Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romanc
More about Suzanne Brockmann...

Sunrise Key Trilogy (3 books)
  • Kiss and Tell (Sunrise Key Trilogy #1)
  • The Kissing Game (Sunrise Key Trilogy, #2)
The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1) Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3) Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4) Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6) Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)