Sounds to Die By (Sensory Ops, #1)

Sounds to Die By (Sensory Ops #1)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Blinded as a child, NSA listener Ian Cabrera spends the majority of his time analyzing data while secretly searching for his father, a missing CIA operative. His plate is full, but rookie FBI agent Kieralyn Beckett's passion and determination, as well as the erotic beat of her heart, spark his interest.
Published (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sounds to Die By, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sounds to Die By

Jane Stewart
Story was just ok. Cool blind guy can hear heartbeats. Emotionally wounded female FBI agent does some stupid things.

STORY BRIEF:
Kieralyn is a rookie FBI agent who thinks her fellow agents don’t respect her and don’t trust her judgment. Her close friend Lana is a journalist who was kidnapped to be sold into sexual slavery. Lana managed to record a conversation on her cell phone and send it to Kieralyn shortly before she was abducted. Kieralyn doesn’t tell her fellow agents about it because she ex...more
Kristi Kaiser
This was my first Romantic Suspense, I was leery at first since I have only read Paranormal Romance, I thought how could I like reading about ordinary people. Well friends I am glad I picked it up.

It was like watching a movie, constant drama, heated romance intense sparks, and a man that is beautiful on the inside and out! Ian is my kind of man. He will steal your senses and leave you breathless for more.

This book had me staying up till three in the morning just to know how it would end.
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
Can't remember how I found this author..... but am glad I did. I enjoyed the story...and how could you not love Ian. If you like a good romantic suspense story give this a try.
Kristin
When Kieralyn brings in a recording to Ian with Ian's father's codename spoken in it, he knows that he's getting close to figure out what happened to his father when he disappeared. He tries to do some recon on his own but is followed by Kieralyn and then end up teaming together to help find not only his father but her friend and the other women who were kidnapped.

Ian's character was one that you don't see all too much. He was blinded as a kid when his house caught on fire. He has since learned...more
Tyra Berger
When Kieralyn Beckette's best friend disappears and the only clue is a bad recording she won't take no for an answer from NSA listener Ian Cabrera. She needs his help to prove that her friend is part of a kidnapping ring. Her FBI team won't beleive the kidnappings are connected and he is her only hope of convincing them that they are. She is determind to have him listen to the recording to find the evidence that she needs to convince her team before they realize that she has a personal interest...more
Jody
This was a quick, enjoyable read with a hero who just happens to be blind. He's also bald, which makes him a very unexpected--yet super sexy surprise. Ian's disability is dealt with realistically and while giving the heroine some moments of doubt, the negatives of his disability is far outweighed by his positives so she can't help but fall for him.

Keiralyn is an FBI agent with serious trust issues due to being shuffled around a lot as a foster child. She comes to NSA agent Ian because of his ext...more
Calisto
Heroine with a chip on her shoulder tries to save reporter friend from human traffickers with the help of sexy, blind hero.

I really liked the concept of the hero but I have to say that the story in itself was rather ho-hum. The heroine is rather annoying and abrasive. She bemoans the lack of respect by her FBI teammates, but in no place did I see her actually deserve their respect. Also, the teammates treating her as the 'little woman' seemed out of place. It would have worked if it was the 80's...more
Gaylin Walli
What a great introduction for me to a new author. I really liked this story and I think it started with my love for heroes and heroines with disabilities like sight and hearing loss. This was a well-paced mystery with tight writing, great characters, and a great romance to round it all out. That the sex scenes were hot and so appropriately placed just put icing on the cake. Well done, Ms. Duncan. I'm adding you to my "look for more" list of authors.
Taryn Elliott
RomSusp is quickly becoming one of my favorite genres again. It was for a long time, then I slid into Paras and around to straight contemps with a side of erotica, but RomSusp was what started me down the path to romance.

Nikki Duncan brings some of the best aspects of that sub-genre of romance with this book.

Ian Cabrera has been blind since early childhood, relying on his ears to see what his eyes can't. Far more in tune with himself and his own feelings, he has to go and fall in love with Kier...more
Mojca
This one started well. The premise sure was different featuring a blind NSA agent with a well-developed hearing. Yet it quickly went downhill. The hero, for all his sprouting about not caring about his handicap was pretty insecure deep inside, the heroine was a bitch constantly whining about her FBI team not liking her, appreciating her, respecting her, while she gave them no incentive to...

Not even the pretty good suspense plot (taken on its own) with a white-slavery ring and an undercover CIA...more
Madhellena
This one was interesting - the hero is blind and has made a career as a "listener" for the NSA - which means he's the guy that listens to tapes and recordings that aren't good enough. He also has a very developed sense of hearing.
The heroine is a little stupid - typical rookie, she believes her team doesn't trust her and she wants to prove she's good enough, but she is such an impulsive person that she raises the men's protective instincts.
The story is pretty good and I liked the way the hero's...more
Maureen
Sigh. Loved the premise. Had such high hopes. Just too hackneyed and stereotyped for me.
Missy Jane
The unique hero in this book really made the story for me. He's blind and scarred a bit inside and out. His handicap doesn't slow him down but it gives him a vulnerability most alpha heroes don't show. The heroine was a little harder to like due to the chip on her shoulder. My only real complaint about the book is how quickly the romance moved along. I think with more time to connect and learn about each other, the romance would have felt more genuine.
Allison Collins
Just finished "Sounds to Die By" - all I can say is WOW! Fantastic story! I was hooked from the opening and pulled into the world of Ian & Kieralyn. Nikki Duncan has told a tremendous story with this book. She has written Ian's perspective of a world he cannot see with great depth and understanding. This book is suspenseful, intriguing, and really steamy. I highly recommend this to everyone who enjoys reading, regardless of the genre you prefer!
April
It has been a little while since I read this series but as I recall it was a yummy smexy read. Loads of steam to really warm a gal up!! Quick reading with all sorts of hot and heavy action!!

Really great story that keeps you on your toes from beginning to end! Engaging and dynamic characters I was eager to hear more from. Really can't wait for more of this series!
Natasha
I really liked the attraction between these two characters. Keiralyn had a great spunk about her. She was outwardly strong and such a tough character but underneath still had that soft side that you couldn't help but like. I did feel that the end of the book was over too quick but apart from that I would definately recommend reading this again.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars; B+

I haven't read anything by Nikki Duncan before and was pleasantly surprised by this story. There was a bit too much 'poor me' whining on the part of Agent Beckett but it didn't detract too badly from the story.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first in the Sensory Ops series by Nikki Duncan. A blind hero... how about that? I really did like the characters and wished it was longer and more developed but it was good.
Lhenry
I wanted to like this one more. It was moderately interested, especially how Kieren could navgate so easily as a blind man, but in the long run, I just didn't get into it.
Rebecca
Reviewed on The Guilty Indulgence Review Site at http://guiltyindulgencebookclub.blogs... during week of Feb 20, 2011.
Paloma Beck
Tigris Eden
Currently RE-Reading and its a 5 DUH! Just never added to my good reads list
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Sweetpea41
Sweetpea41 marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
E.v. Sage
E.v. Sage marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Caydenspia
Caydenspia marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Tressa
Tressa marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Black at Heart (Black CATs, #3)
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)
  • Fire and Ice (Guardians, #1)
  • Living on the Edge (Edge #1)
  • Against All Odds: My Life of Hardship, Fast Breaks, and Second Chances
  • Caught (Gemini Men, #1)
  • True Colors (True Trilogy, #2)
  • Red Hot & Blue
  • Hidden Heat (Hauberk Protection, #4)
  • Red Heat (Men In Uniform, #1)
  • Her Mother's Killer
  • Dark Deceptions (A-Tac, #1)
  • No One Lives Twice (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #1)
  • The Loner
  • Cold Day in Hell (Security Specialists International, #2)
  • Son of the Enemy
  • Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3)
  • To the Max
Heart stopping puppy chases, childhood melodrama and the aborted hangings of innocent toys are all in a day’s work for Nikki Duncan. This athletic equestrian turned reluctant homemaker turned daring author, is drawn to the siren song of a fresh storyline.

Nikki plots murder and mayhem over breakfast, scandalous exposes at lunch and the sensual turn of phrase after dinner. Nevertheless, it is the pl...more
More about Nikki Duncan...
Wicked in Whispering Cove (Whispering Cove, #3) Burned (Whispering Cove, #4) Tangled in Tulle (Tulle and Tulips #1) Scent of Persuasion (Sensory Ops, #2) Twisted in Tulips (Tulle and Tulips, #2)

“Screw sight. A man didn't have to see to appreciate the picture she presented. Her smell, her heat and the tiny moans escaping her lips were more erotic than any vision.” 1 likes