Clutching at Straws

Clutching at Straws (Jake Diamond #2)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  1 review
Lefty Wright breaks into Judge Chancellor’s empty house easy as pie. He has no clue about why he is being paid such a handsome sum for doing it. But the job description hadn’t mentioned the corpse of a prominent criminal court judge lying halfway under the bed.

Charged with murder, Lefty's SOS zooms over the phone wires and reaches one Jake Diamond, Private Investigator, wh...more
Published April 5th 2003 by Minotaur Books

Pam
I had to wait for my husband at the library. I didn't have a book to read with me so went to A in the mystery section. And this is the gem I found. A private detective is asked to help out Lefty who was found in a house with a dead judge. Lefty was a burglar not a murder. The tentacles went in many different directions involving a phony kidnapping and other illegal events. I kept turning the pages with enjoyment and the ending was so satisfying. I highly recommend this book.
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 20, 2013
Lee
Lee added it
Aug 17, 2013
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2013
Scott E
Scott E marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Sue Em
Sue Em marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2013
Rehan
Rehan added it
Feb 17, 2012
Mario T.
Mario T. marked it as to-read
May 10, 2007
Catching Water in a Net Counting to Infinity Chasing Charlie Chan - Special Edition: Includes Catching Water in a Net Gravesend The Shamus Sampler