Start by marking “One True Love: Belles of Timber Creek, Book Three” as Want to Read:
One True Love: Belles of Timber Creek, Book Three

One True Love: Belles of Timber Creek, Book Three (Belles of Timber Creek #3)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  309 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Copper is overjoyed that her friends Willow and Audrey found love and fulfillment after the war. The only remaining spinster, Copper vows to pour herself into her new teaching job. But tragedy strikes during her very first week. The schoolhouse catches fire and Copper suffers a serious injury while ushering her students to safety. Suddenly she's on a wagon train bound for ...more
Published March 2nd 2010 by HarperCollins e-books (first published February 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about One True Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One True Love

Sunshine
I needed a book for a trip I was taking. I read the first book quite some time ago. I didn't realize I was reading the third book till relationships with past characters were confusing. I lost interest and skimmed the last part of the book. I was bored and wanted the general idea of how the story would end. I usually enjoy Copeland books, but this one bugged me.
Okay, even if I had read book 2 first, I believe this book would have still bugged me. Cooper was ridicules. Her foot injury was annoyi
Title: ONE TRUE LOVE
Author: Lori Copeland
Publisher: Avon Inspire
March 2010
ISBN: 978-0-06-136494-5
Genre: Inspirational/historical

Copper is excited to finally start her new job teaching school, but tragedy strikes the first day. Due to a series of unfortunate events, the school house catches fire and two children fall down and are left in the blaze. Copper is able to rescue them, but in doing so she falls, further injuring a leg that she can barely walk on.

The town doctor doesn’t know what to do
Denise
One True Love is the third book in the Belles of Timber Creek trilogy. This is the first book I read of the series. The other two books were definitely referred to, but it wasn’t a problem to read just this one.

Copper is the only one of her friends Willow and Audrey who is yet unmarried. Copper determines she’ll pour herself into her new teaching job, but the very first week of school there is a fire, and Copper is severely injured. She is taken by wagon train to Colorado to see the only doctor
Patricia O'Sullivan
Third in the Christian romance series, Belles of Timber Ridge, One True Love is the story of Copper Wilson, who, with her friends, Willow and Audrey, has survived the Civil War and is living in the little town of Thunder Ridge, Texas. Willow and Audrey have found husbands, but Copper worries she will remain a spinster. Then, while rescuing her students from a fire in the school, Copper breaks her ankle. Now she must travel by wagon train to reach the only doctor skilled enough to save her foot. ...more
Fv
The series of the books started out OK. The first book in this series had a story line that kept a person reading,

Then in book two the lazy writing comes to the fore about 1/4 way through.
Now this, book three, that sloppy writing is full blown.

More tragedies, silly stupid tragedies. And then so much is missing or not remembered by the author. And full blown lies by the hero make it a sad old book to be read.

Hero says, "I will write you and send it when I get to a place to send. Each week, I w
Margaret
Mar 22, 2010 Margaret rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Kendra Newton
The entire Belles of Timber Creek series was fun to read. Following along the journey of three quirky, but lovable, opinionated and adventurous friends. This book is the final book coming after Twice Loved and then Three Times Blessed and it was a great way to fully get to know Copper. From the first chapter of the first book I knew that Copper was my favorite and was eager to hear her story. Now that I have, I'm glad to have read this series as it was a great time in a triple romance.

This book
Janine
"One True Love" by Lori Copeland is the last book if the Belles of Timber Creek. Though a bit of the same kind of love/hate relationship developed as in the first book, this was pretty good in its own right.

I really started to hate the self righteous, know it all, demanding, spoiled Copper. At one point in time I really couldn't how anyone like Josh; who is a caring, honorable, considerate and hard working, could even look twice at her and wish he would fall for someone else.

Maybe things could c
Dianesugars
Well, I have to say that I really enjoyed this series of stories! Book three, One True Love was just as interesting as book two! These books are really quick read books, and I read book two in one day as I did book three! I just could'nt wait to see how it all turned out. There were a few things that I would have liked to have known, but were never finished in the books, such as, whatever happened to all of Silas's money once he passed, where did the banker and his mean wife end up living and di ...more
Ruth
One True Love: Belles of Timber Creek, Book Three was the other book I got. It too did not read like the traditional Christian romance where one of them has to find God before they can live happily ever after. However, the characters in general were more religious than in Walker's Wedding, and my search of Amazon did not turn up a mass-market version of this book. Cooper hurt her foot and gets put on a wagon train to meet up with a specialist. The train is headed by a guy with whom she has evide ...more
Colletta Miller
I think this was my favorite book of the series. Maybe because Copper had the limelight without having her two friends take up a portion of the action. For whatever reason, I felt that I was able to connect more with the main characters. Even though this book was only from Copper's POV, I still felt drawn into Josh's character also. And what a character he was :)

Following the themes of the first two books, this book had some majorly heart wrenching scenes but it was balances nicely with other ev
Marcy
Christian historical faction. Third and last book of The Bells of Timber Creek. I really liked all the books. Quick reads & great characters.
SheLove2Read
Mar 21, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Lori Copeland/western inspirational romance
Shelves: 2010
Nice story with the message being that God's timeline doesn't always fit with yours and trusting God with your needs as opposed to your wants. The main character of Miss Copper Wilson starts out as a *slightly* spoiled and opinionated teacher but through a series of trials and hardships comes to see that life isn't always what we wish.

Lori Copeland almost always delivers a good read and this book fits that bill nicely.

Bekah
When some people want a fluff or escape read they pick up a mystery or a fantasy or a john grisham, etc. Well, I pick up Historical Christian Novels (they always have some clean romance as well). So that is what this was. It was pretty good, though I skimmed past some parts that I found too annoying. I'll probably read more by this author in the future though. :)
Lonnie
Okay, so I started reading this one first, but I was so lost, I had to find Book 1 and Book 2 and read them. No wonder I was so lost, this book starts the day after Three Times Blessed ended. I do believe this was my favorite of the 3. It follows the wagon train headed to Colorado Springs.
Leslie Lamb
A good book about how a teacher saves her students in a fire. When she goes back for 2 more kids, she ends up slipping and hurting her ankle badly. So much so, she is sent far away to be seen by a specialist. She meets the wagon master Josh, whom she despises...
Heidi
Out of the series, this one was probably my favorite. Copper could be very unlikeable and the antagonism between her and the wagon train guide ended very abruptly but I still enjoyed this for the chuckle it gave me and entertainment value alone.
Linda
Mar 23, 2013 Linda marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Not my favorite of this series. Kinda felt like this book was an after thought. While it wrapped up the 3 stories, Copper's story felt cheated. As a whole, I loved the series, just wish Copper's story had a little more meat.
Wende
This is the first book I've read in this particular sub-genre. I love history-based books so I thought I'd try it. It was an easy book to get through but suspenseful enough for me.
Holly
Pretty good story, although it seemed really rushed in parts, altogether it wasnt a bad read.
Valerie
Last of the 3 Belles of Timber Creek series. Entertaining christian based books.
Marnie
I thought books 1 and 2 were better. But, we needed Copper's story, too.
Gina
Absolutely love all the books by Lori Copeland. Great reads!
Marcella
Loved the story it showed the growth of two people
Marcia Shaddox
My favorite of the three. The book was entertaining.
Lori
nice short Christian fiction book.
JJ
Sweet romance with too many characters.
  • The Farmer's Bride Collection: 6 Romances Spring from Hearts, Home, and Harvest
  • The Bartered Bride Collection
  • Gingham Mountain (Lassoed in Texas, #3)
  • Finally a Bride (Texas Boardinghouse Brides, #3)
  • A Lady Like Sarah (A Rocky Creek Romance, #1)
  • Hope Rekindled (Striking a Match, #3)
  • Captain of Her Heart (Brides of Waterloo, #1)
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1)
  • The Doctor's Mission
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck (Women of the West,#3)
  • The Bride Backfire (Prairie Promises, #2)
  • A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee
  • Cassidy (Big Sky Dreams, #1)
Lori Copeland was born on 12 June 1941. She had a relatively late start in writing, breaking into publishing in 1982 when she was already forty years old. Over the next dozen years, her romance novels achieved much success, as was evidenced by her winning the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, The Holt Medallion, and Walden Books' Best Seller award. She has been inducted into the Missouri Wri ...more
More about Lori Copeland...

Belles of Timber Creek (3 books)
  • Twice Loved (Belles of Timber Creek #1)
  • Three Times Blessed (Belles of Timber Creek #2)
Faith  (Brides of the West #1) Hope (Brides of the West, #3) Glory (Brides of the West, #4) June (Brides of the West, #2) Ruth (Brides of the West #5)