Blank-133x176
About Face

Fern Michaels

About Face

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  575 ratings  ·  35 reviews
When Dr. Blake Hunter discovers Casey Edwards wandering along a Sweetwater, Georgia road, she's a woman without a past, her memory stripped of the terrifying events that shattered her innocence a decade ago. The scrap of paper she clutches in her hand bears the address to Swan House, the magnificent mansion where Casey's mother lives with her mysteriously ailing husband. B...more
Published April 1st 2003 by Turtleback Books (first published 2003)

Lori
This is my 2nd read by Fern Michaels. I really like her standalone novels and this is no exception except the end of the novel fell flat for me. This novel was a page turner for me (even though I listened to it on audio). I simply couldn't wait to find out what was behind the lost memories of the main character (Casey Edwards) who simply could not remember most of her life as she was put in an asylum at a very early age and was kept well drugged so she wouldn't remember anything about her life....more
Brandy
A very good fast read. It had a lot of twist and turns, and the stuff Casey went through as a girl and then 10 years later having to remember and relive it all over again... it just broke my heart for her and every child that has their childhood taken away, because of sick, greedy, selfish people. Now, onto something a little more lighthearted. :)
Alice Harbin
The style of writing this mystery confused me. It is not so unusual for an author to jump from one time frame to another, but she jumped from one character to another, using first names and then last names, so I had to stop and go back to confirm which character she was referring to. After a while of course, this didn't matter. I think the author was trying to make the reader feel as confused as the main character, Casey, was. It was a nice trick.

The plot certainly was complex, keeping me readi...more
Heather Victoria
Oh wow!!! I have been trying for about 3 years to remember the name and author of this book! It stayed on my mind for so long because it was so good!!!! Ill never forget it.
Linda C
Casey Edwards is released from Sanctuary, a mental institution, after 10 years with no memory of what happened before the institution. She has an address that directs her to Swan House where her Mother, Evie is now living with her second husband, John. Flora, the housekeeper, and Casey's sometimes babysitter when she was a child, takes her under her wing. As Casey begins to get flashes of memory and tries to find out what trauma she sustained and why she can't remember, she begins working with D...more
Cherry-Ann
What an awful read. Spent the first chapters attempting to understand what was going on. Seemed to be caught up in the same amnesiac spell as Casey. This must have been Michael's early attempts at writing with an editor caught napping or involved in multi-projects. At the beginning vague undertones of rape, abuse to a minor, unbelievable results and happenings and delusionary contradictions. Find something else to do with your afternoon. This book is a bust.
Dana
Casey Edwards is released from the mental hospital and left to find her own way to her mother's home. Dr Blake Hunter, a handsome family friend, helps her while it looks like the other residents of Sweetwater just shun her.

Casey can not remember her past and tries to piece it together one step at a time. But there are others who wish her not to remember a thing. Casey is nearly run over. She tries to find court documents which either have disappeared or aren't there. Will Casey remember before s...more
Rebecca
I enjoyed this book. It really didn't take too long to get "involved". By the end, I was definitely hooked. I would have loved it to keep going.
Leslie Mesmer
This book moved along slowly but in a good way.
The author took the time to build the characters and the suspense a little at a time so you could get to know them.
Although halfway through you knew the main killer it's the other background players that take you by suprise!!
Worth the read.
The story is about a woman who spends 10 years in an asylum for killing her step brother. She has No memory of her life. Unexpectedly released, she goes home and tries to find out why she was in the asylum a...more
Alea
This was one of those beach reads that doesn't have a lot of substance, but was fairly entertaining. I felt like the end was a little bit of a let-down, though. This "tragic" event that the main character couldn't remember should've been bigger, and/or the "bad" guys in the this book should have been punished more while the "good" guys better rewarded. I don't know if that makes sense. The point is, it was entertaining, but not necessarily one I'd recommend.
Monicae
I don't feel better for having read this book. I've read this author before and this book just isn't nearly as good. A good editor could have chopped out 1/3 of the book and we'd have been better off. Not a lot of depth to the characters and too many bad guys. I have to wonder if the author hates most men.........
Marianne Jay
I really like Fern Michaels and I really liked this book. The only complaint that I have is that in some parts it was a bit disjointed and I had to go back and re-read a bit of the page before - other than that - the premise, the characters, etc - I really, really liked
M.
Perfectly good romantic suspense novel. The plot was unusual, but the ending was predictable. Some of the plot twists were less so.I listened to it on CD and it was a good accompaniment to housework.
Judith
I have always liked Fern Michaels but I don't like this book. There is far too much pain and suffering in the news of everyday life for me to want to find it in the reading I do for pleasure.
Ann Cholewinski
This book was twisted... The only reason i finished is because I just had to see all of the bad guys get theres in the end... And then i wasen't happy with the ending... it just ended! not a fan!
Ruth
I cannot imagine losing my memory. Casey is determined to untangle the web of secrets that threaten her future. Someone wants Casey out of the way before she remembers too much. EXCELLENT
Sharon Sherman
I love this book even on the second or third reread. A girl with no memory in a southern town with it's local politics (bribes, blackmail, secrets, and lies)
Emily
Karen Oake
I really loved this book. Had a great story line. Kept my interest with a little suspense in there. I couldn't wait to find out who done it in the end.
Light and cute read..a bit racy for Fern Michaels in areas but wasnt too much to make me stop reading or get completely red in the face :)
Shirley
Another romantic potboiler - never got past 30 pages before I dropped it into the recycle box.
Dara
Easy read. Plenty of suspense and mystery. Leaves you cheering for the good guys (and girl).
Margaret
Although the storyline seemed improbable to me, the book was still enjoyable reading.
Denise
Mystery was an interesting unravel, but I could have done without the graphic edginess.
Michelle
Good beach reading...pretty good plot, kept me interested to see what would happen...
Mary
Great Read!!!

Made me go back and remember her Texas Series and Kentucky Series!
Penny
This was a really interesting book. I would definately recommend this book
Lisa
Awesome book. Read it in 3 days, really kept my interest going!
Pat Baratta
If you like her, you will read it.
Laurie O'
Very good book, what a great author
  • The Carousel
  • Summer Light
  • A Woman Betrayed
  • Treasures: Secret Star\Treasures Lost, Treasures Found
  • Immediate Family
  • Shifting Calder Wind (Calder Saga #7)
  • Be My Valentine: My Funny Valentine\My Hero
  • Carolina Isle
  • Inheritance
  • Mending Fences
  • Bloodlines
  • On Fire
  • Spring Collection
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I...more
More about Fern Michaels...
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)