The Eden Project (Peter Zachary Novel)

The Eden Project (Peter Zachary Novel)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  12 reviews
DESCRIPTION:
Deep in the Amazon jungle, a mysterious virus threatens all of humanity. When an ex-Army Ranger and a beautiful anthropologist team-up to find a cure, science and faith collide in an epic struggle for survival.

SYNOPSIS:
Anthropologist Alex Forsythe spent three years studying a remote tribe in the Amazon jungle when they mysteriously vanished without a trace. Mon...more
Published (first published May 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Eden Project, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eden Project

Jody
I picked this up for free on Amazon and it was a really good book. It took a few chapters before it drew me in but it was worth the wait. There are several suspenseful moments and the author ends the book well. This is the first in a series so there are a few questions left unanswered but still in spite of that, the book ends on a very solid note. The book details some work with eugenics, dna and nanotechnology that is scary simply because the technology is probably already in place to attempt m...more
Melissa
I hate to give any book that captured my attention 2 stars but the description "it was ok" describes this to a T. I got this book as a free read on my Kindle. It had an interesting premise - kind of Michael Crichton or Michael Palmer - esque. However, i just didn't live up to my expectations.

A group of Army guys have banded together to produce a reality show in the jungle and get involved in finding a missing Amazon tribe, saving an indian girl who has an unknown virus, and ultimately saving the...more
Kandace
If you want a semi- good jungle adventure book then this one was ok. I feel that the author still has alot of growing to do. He lacks details that is needed to make the story clearer and tends to confuse themes of his books. In other words it seemed he couldn't make up his mind to make it a techno thriller book or a religious thriller book. Other than that it was ok. He's a new author from what I can tell so I'll keep him in mind for a future book.
Lisa Biegel
This book was really interesting and action packed. Because this is the first Peter Zachary adventure I've read, I could have used a little more character building. Although the theme has been used by many authors, the plot of this story was very compelling. I initially started this book to pass an hour in the sun, only to end up glued to my Kindle and unable to put it down. Great story and it most definitely made me a fan!
K.V. Witten
It seems that the author went through a checklist of cliches to make sure he wouldn't miss any. Beautiful female scientist. Macho male soldier. Innocent child at risk. Lots and lots of ridiculous action sequences. Over-the-top escapes. Saving the world. Yup, I think he got most of them.
Julie Stoeffler
Really liked this book even though there were several OVER descriptive scenes in it that I found myself skipping. However, even with skipping parts I was able to get the plot of the story. Would like to read more of this author. He is first for me.
Nancy
Exciting thriller without all the gore. Very real and scary scientific procedures being tested. Get attached to the "good guys" and really dislike the "bad guys". Hope he writes more books like this.
Tami Jo
This book really drew me in. Great characters, plot...was disappointed when it ended. If you loved LOST you're going to enjoy this novel!
Viper X
Slow start, I've almost left the book at some point. Good action starts at the middle and turns it to a easy read.
Bethany
Michael Crichton meets Robin Cook. Fun, easy summer read.
Marcia Kamin
It was okay unless you like this kind of writing.
Carol Horton
Not inspirational.
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Phil
Phil marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Kit
Kit marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Jennifer Peters
Jennifer Peters marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Lori Alderman
Lori Alderman marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Joyce
Joyce added it
Jun 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
JOHN BOLIN is a film producer, playwright and thriller writer. His production company, Bridgehouse Pictures, has numerous projects in various stages of development. John, his wife, Sarah, and their five children live near the mountains in Colorado. For more information, go to www.johnbolin.net or email john at johnbolin@mac.com.
More about John Bolin...
The Two Doors of Heaven: A Story of Your Future Life Unlimited: When Average Just Isn't Enough Chronicles of The Thorn The Two Doors of Heaven: A Story of Your Future Confident Parents, Exceptional Teens: Creating a Teen-Friendly Family