Consent to the Cowboy

Consent to the Cowboy

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  18 reviews
(45,000 words)

Surrounded by beer-swilling, skirt-chasing cowboys her whole life, barmaid Daphne Norris has no intention of ever settling for any of the men in her Podunk hometown. So when bronc rider Will Hanson sends shock waves to her core with just one glance from his striking green eyes, no one is more surprised than her.

But Will is no ordinary cowboy, and he can see t...more
ebook, EPUB eBook DRM free, 156 pages
Published June 28th 2010 by Carina Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Consent to the Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Consent to the Cowboy

Gee
2 and 1/2 stars

The first half of the book was clicking along at a 3 star level of enjoyment for me. From there the latter half deteriorated. There was an scene where the hero takes his sub lover to a BDSM club but it seems to just be thrown in to fill up pages. The trip to the club does not advance the story or the romance. The hero becomes hugely upset about the downturn his business dealings are taking and suspects someone is undermining his deals. This conflict could have been part of the sto...more
Habrewer
Consent to the Cowboy by Abby Wood
* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Daphne has grown up taking care of her mother as she suffered through cancer without any help from her father. He was an alcoholic that left them and never came back, until now. She swore that she would never marry a man like her father, a rodeo cowboy.

Will struggled for years on the rodeo circuit to save enough money to buy his ranch. He has struggled for years to get where he is t...more
Lisa
It's been a while since I've read any BDSM and when i started this i thought it was mostly jut plain ole garden variety erotica. Yeah... Not so much. Will knows what he wants. He's quite possessive and demanding. He also protects what's his. He wants Daphne. She helps him out at the local rodeo and he can't forget her. Tracking her down at her waitressing job with the local bar he proposes 3 days together. He's her Dom to her submissive. While Daphne likes being Will's sub she's is still nervous...more
MaggieReadsRom
Memorable Scenes:
- The scene at the Chum's parking lot and at Chum's > emotional and important scene for Daphne's character development.
- The last 3 chapters where a conflict originates and propels into a very emotional ending > Daphne's letter to Will made me tear up

Quick & Dirty-review:

Ingredients:
rodeo cowboys, serving girls/barmaids, light bondage, shady parents, a huge misunderstanding, ranch life, hot D/s sexy times

Hero:
Will Hanson is a bronc rider who likes to be in control....more
Elaine
I have mixed feeling about this book, making it difficult to rate.

Will and Daphne are an interesting couple. Will pursues Daphne after she has said no to a date. In a very short time he gets her to agree to be a Dom to her sub, for a 3 day period. If she likes being his sub ok, she can move in with him forever, and he'll take care of her.

The BDSM in this book isn't too much. But the problem I seemed to run into was that something seemed perfunctory in the romance. There were many many parts of...more
Natasha  A.
Abby has written a really compelling tale of Domination and submission. Daphne doesn't know who she's looking for, but she knows that she isn't finding it with any of the guys around her. They're all momma's boys. They aren't going to dominate her, they aren't going to take control. Will has a strong powerful aura, and as soon as the two meet, sparks flare.

I do have a couple of concerns in regards to how some of the BDSM was portrayed. One scene in particular had me a bit shocked, in that Will p...more
Jody
Daphne Norris is a hard-workin' barmaid who wants more than a one-night stand cowboy. Luckily for her, Will Hanson lands at her feet and is soon proposing a relationship way more intense than just one night. He's been looking for just the right woman to be the other half of his Dom/Sub coupling and he thinks Daphne would be the perfect Sub. After a weekend of intense interaction, Will and Daphne are soon very ingrained in each other's lives. She takes to the roll of Sub wholeheartedly and Will i...more
LynnMarie
Ashira Datya’s Review

When I started reading Consent to the Cowboy, I was not expecting a BDSM story, but I loved Consent to the Cowboy nonetheless. Daphne grew up and promised herself that she would not fall in love or get in a relationship with a cowboy after what happened to her mother, but all of that changed when she met Will, just not in a sense she expected.

Will and Daphne begin a relationship that is very new to Daphne, and even though Daphne baulks at times, Will never gives up on Daphn...more
Tasha
Daphne has been living her life by turning down any and all advances from the cowboys that frequent the bar where she works. After her cowboy father abandoned her and her dying mother, she wants nothing to with cowboys. That is until Will Hanson enters the picture.

Will is not your average cowboy, but he has his mind set on Daphne and the aims to have her. Will is a Dom looking for his perfect sub to take care of, and feels that sub is Daphne.

I enjoyed the relationship between these two, but I di...more
Shauna
This is the first book I read by Abby Wood and I really enjoyed it. I kind of liken it to a Diana Palmer Cowboy Harlequin meets light BDSM. It was a sweet romance with hot sex. The BDSM consisted of light bondage, anal sex, and spanking. I'd really consider the spanking as "funnishment", as the heroine totally got off on it. None of this you must bear this to show me your submission.

Daphne has trust issues after having been abandoned by an alcoholic father while her mother was dying of cancer....more
Brenda
I really like this story... Will knows what he wants and goes for it, dominating Daphne. Daphne seems very independent but underneath she is a true submissive and Will knows this. The story is somewhat fast paced but you know some guys just know what they want and ain't afraid to go after it...there was only one part where Will wasn't sure ( after Daphne's accident) but I think that was him being more confused about what happened and Daphne leaving the hospital like she did. He was one HOT cowbo...more
Laura (Kyahgirl)
2/5 2 stars; C

There were aspects to this book that were good. For the most part, the contemporary romance was ok. Some of the transitions were really jarring though (view spoiler) It kind...more
Buddy
Pretty Woman and An Officer and a Gentleman rolled into one. The unattainable small town girl (Daphne) ends up with a dominant cowboy (Will) .. who whisks her off her feet to bring her to his ginormous ranch. Will shows her how to give into her submissive side. Was a light and easy read, good romance, and a happy ending .. oh yeah, the smut was pretty good too!
Royana
With it being a "short" story I know the author had to cram a lot of information and feelings into a quick time frame which made it a little hard to believe. But it was still a good story and I couldn't wait to see the relationship progress. I'm looking forward to reading the next book, Consent To Love.
Darcy
I am glad that this story wasn't the first one that I read by this author. The story seemed very fast and I thought that Will indoctrinated Daphne to some aspects of the BDSM lifestyle too fast. I also didn't care for the language that the author sometimes used as it seemed really crude.
Xee
This was my first book from Abby I liked it. Story line was good and there were some really hot scenes my favorite took place in the middle of a dirt road behind the car.... I do wish she would have been a little more descriptive with some of the scenes.

3 1/2 stars
Dayte
This was a great book,a lot of kinky sex and a great story....
Anilú
I'll give it three cause the smut was good ;-)
Sookielala17
Sookielala17 is currently reading it
Aug 18, 2014
Jen Crady
Jen Crady marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Tak Tis
Tak Tis marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Chiara
Chiara added it
May 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Multipublished erotic romance author Abby Wood writes compelling, emotionally packed, and sexually charged romance. Whether you’re a fan of contemporary, western, suspense, or paranormal you’ll find a story that brings you into the lives of her characters and lets you experience a brand new world.

Feel free to jump in with a comment, ask a question, or just say hello. Abby loves meeting new readers...more
More about Abby Wood...
Hurting To Feel Consent to Love Twice Her Age Tagging Her Lynx One Lucky Bastard