Start by marking “Confessions of a Knitting Heretic” as Want to Read:
Confessions of a Knitting Heretic

Confessions of a Knitting Heretic

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  94 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
You are NOT knitting wrong! If you're getting the fabric you want, then you're knitting fine for YOU!.

Now that we've cleared that up, let's investigate how and why you're making your stitches the way you do so that you can follow standard patterns and get the most out of your knitting!

DON'T change the way you knit - learn to make the way you knit more efficient, and more

Spiral-bound, 218 pages
Published April 28th 2004 by ModeKnit Press (first published April 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Confessions of a Knitting Heretic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of a Knitting Heretic

Nov 09, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: knitters & designers of knitting
This book sits next to my Elizabeth Zimmermann books and is used for reference just as often!

Even if you read it and decide that combination knitting isn't for you, the tips & techniques in it are well worth the read.
Tony Peck
Jul 25, 2015 Tony Peck rated it it was amazing
Great book. I have been rescued by Modesitt on line a number of times.

I too am a combined knitter and have got stuck as there are differences in how we construct a stitch that I did not understand. I first was saved in 2007 and again recently when I had forgotten my lesson from then.

Almost sounds reverential and religious doesn't it? When you are stuck mid way through a knitting project anyone who can rescue you must deserve some sort of honor, so why not something mystical!
Diana Uhl
Jul 07, 2014 Diana Uhl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very informative

I, too, "invented" combination knitting as a "child". I was astonished to find that others knitted differently. Only recently have I found that there are others who knit as I do. As an adult who loves lace knitting, socks, and a myriad of other things, I was frustrated with directional slants, short rows, and other techniques that are different than Western knitting. Annie's book was very helpful in explaining how I could improve my knitting.
Rachael
Aug 08, 2014 Rachael rated it it was amazing
an excellent book on various knitting techniques that make the knitting police wag their fingers and tell you that you're "doing it wrong".
jenny scott
Oct 01, 2012 jenny scott rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts
i wish it was a better quality book, but i guess no one was interested in publishing it so the author self-published. great resource since there aren't a lot of books out there that talk about "combination knitting" which is how i knit.
Erin
Mar 27, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
the photos in my copy were poor, but the knitting information was wonderful!!
i too knit like ms. modesitt and it's nice to have it so clearly explained.
Patti
Feb 06, 2010 Patti rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
interesting lady
1verylovedmom
1verylovedmom rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Klaudia
Klaudia rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2016
Briar Graovac
Briar Graovac marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
BabsHerr
BabsHerr marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Deborah Biancotti
Deborah Biancotti marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Sheena Hocking
Sheena Hocking rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Kellie
Kellie added it
Feb 10, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
MELITA MOIR
MELITA MOIR rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
Jacqui
Jacqui marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Lola
Lola added it
Jan 06, 2016
Autumn
Autumn marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Linda Vansistineyost
Linda Vansistineyost rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Marsha
Marsha rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Welling
Welling is currently reading it
Nov 27, 2015
Christine Gallo
Christine Gallo rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2015
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2015
Joan
Joan marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
A native of Ohio, Annie taught herself to knit at age 25 before a move from NYC to Texas. The Texas tenure didn't last, but knitting did, and upon her return to the NY area Annie began knitting for other designers and designing for major knitting magazines. Her work has appeared in Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting, Knitters Magazine, Cast On, Family Circle Easy Knitting, McCalls Needlework and sev ...more
More about Annie Modesitt...