Start by marking “Confessions of a Knitting Heretic” as Want to Read:
Confessions of a Knitting Heretic

Confessions of a Knitting Heretic

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  6 reviews
You are NOT knitting wrong! If you're getting the fabric you want, then you're knitting fine for YOU!.

Now that we've cleared that up, let's investigate how and why you're making your stitches the way you do so that you can follow standard patterns and get the most out of your knitting!

DON'T change the way you knit - learn to make the way you knit more efficient, and more

Spiral-bound, 218 pages
Published April 28th 2004 by ModeKnit Press (first published April 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Confessions of a Knitting Heretic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of a Knitting Heretic

Nov 09, 2010 Laura rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: knitters & designers of knitting
This book sits next to my Elizabeth Zimmermann books and is used for reference just as often!

Even if you read it and decide that combination knitting isn't for you, the tips & techniques in it are well worth the read.
Diana Uhl
Very informative

I, too, "invented" combination knitting as a "child". I was astonished to find that others knitted differently. Only recently have I found that there are others who knit as I do. As an adult who loves lace knitting, socks, and a myriad of other things, I was frustrated with directional slants, short rows, and other techniques that are different than Western knitting. Annie's book was very helpful in explaining how I could improve my knitting.
Rachael
an excellent book on various knitting techniques that make the knitting police wag their fingers and tell you that you're "doing it wrong".
jenny scott
i wish it was a better quality book, but i guess no one was interested in publishing it so the author self-published. great resource since there aren't a lot of books out there that talk about "combination knitting" which is how i knit.
Erin
the photos in my copy were poor, but the knitting information was wonderful!!
i too knit like ms. modesitt and it's nice to have it so clearly explained.
Patti
interesting lady
Sarah added it
Oct 28, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Andrea Glassman
Andrea Glassman marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Aug 08, 2014
Cynthia Saoirse
Cynthia Saoirse is currently reading it
Jul 11, 2014
Cathy T
Cathy T marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
A native of Ohio, Annie taught herself to knit at age 25 before a move from NYC to Texas. The Texas tenure didn't last, but knitting did, and upon her return to the NY area Annie began knitting for other designers and designing for major knitting magazines. Her work has appeared in Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting, Knitters Magazine, Cast On, Family Circle Easy Knitting, McCalls Needlework and sev ...more
More about Annie Modesitt...
Romantic Hand Knits: 26 Flirtatious Designs That Flatter Your Figure Men Who Knit & The Dogs Who Love Them: 30 Great-Looking Designs for Man & His Best Friend Twist and Loop: Dozens of Jewelry Designs to Knit and Crochet with Wire Cheaper Than Therapy: Joy, healing & life lessons in fiber Knit with Courage, Live with Hope