Start by marking “Reunion (Force Heretic, #3) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #17)” as Want to Read:
Reunion (Force Heretic, #3) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #17)

Reunion (Force Heretic, #3) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order #17)

3.64  ·  Rating Details ·  4,415 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews

The Jedi move one step closer to saving the embattled galaxyâ only to confront a formidable wall of resistance.

The harrowing search for Zonama Sekot is finally over for Luke Skywalker, Jacen Solo, and the others aboard the Jade Shadow. But joy turns to alarm when the living planet sends a defiant message: it refuses to follow them back to a galaxy full of war, exploitatio
Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Published July 2003 by LucasBooks

To ask other readers questions about Reunion (Force Heretic, #3), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reunion (Force Heretic, #3)

Heir to the Empire by Timothy ZahnPath of Destruction by Drew KarpyshynThe Last Command by Timothy ZahnDark Force Rising by Timothy ZahnRule of Two by Drew Karpyshyn
Best Star Wars Books
233rd out of 337 books — 969 voters
Heir to the Empire by Timothy ZahnDark Force Rising by Timothy ZahnThe Last Command by Timothy ZahnThe Courtship of Princess Leia by Dave WolvertonStar Wars - Episode IV by Alan Dean Foster
Star Wars Novels
152nd out of 176 books — 30 voters

More lists with this book...

Scott Rhee
The third and final book in the Force Heretic trilogy by Sean Williams and Shane Dix, “Reunion”, is the best of the three, but the trilogy overall has been unimpressive. The novels are plagued with uneven pacing, wordiness, and mediocre characterization, all of which might have been avoided if the books had been edited and consolidated into two books rather than spread out into three.

In “Reunion”, Luke Skywalker and his team have found the legendary planet of Zonoma Sekot, but the inhabitants of
Crystal Starr Light
Jul 07, 2011 Crystal Starr Light rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
This "story" took three books to tell?!

Luke and gang find Zonoma Sekot and try to convince it to join the cause. Leia and Han and gang get a warning that the communication stations with the Unknown regions are under attack. Tahiri still fights against her inner battle.

NOTE: Based on audiobook and novel.

Uh, sorry, you woke me up. I just finished listening to "Reunion" on audiobook, and, boy, was I bored. The last two books (specfically "Refugee") made me varying degrees of p!ssed off, which
Jun 21, 2010 Lindsey rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
I'm highly impressed. I didn't like FH1 or especially #2 very much, but this one is incredible. The characters all act like themselves, events happen and characters act for a reason, space battles and combat are well described, and the plot moves fluidly. I especially liked the changing viewpoints, particularly where Sekot is asking Jacen and Luke the same question and you get to see their same-meaning-yet-different answers. That was cool. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has read part ...more
Katrin von Martin
Jun 18, 2015 Katrin von Martin rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2009 Ryan rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, fantasy
I really don't think the "Force Heretic" subseries really needed to be three novels long. There were some really good ideas in it, like the Tahiri/Riina story (which I think is going to be key to the resolution of the whole NJO saga) and Zonama Sekot, but it's something that really could have been set over two or even one book. The whole thing dragged out way too long and suffered greatly from the "Let's revisit every single Star Wars plot idea ever" concept that the NJO has been suffering from.
Feb 21, 2014 Daniel rated it it was ok
The best part of this book was the epilogue--because finally we see some character development and heart behind the story.

Unfortunately most of the Force Heretic trilogy (part of the New Jedi Order series) has been fairly boring and slightly confusing. As I've mentioned on the other two installments, there are parts and ideas that are really quite good, but the execution is hit and miss.

I honestly felt the trilogy could have been cut down to one or two books. There's just too much going on that
Jan 28, 2012 William rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars, paperback
This exciting conclusion to the Force Heretic trilogy in the New Jedi Order Series picks up where book two left off: with our heroes on 2 separate missions. Luke Skywalker is looking fot the living planet, Zonoma Sekot, to enlist its help in the war against the invading Yuuzhan Vong. Han & Leia Solo are busying repairing communication relays only to discover the Vong in the act of knocking out the last link they have to the Unknown regions. Battle, inevitably, ensues. I certainly liked where ...more
Back to interesting things happening. There's still some marking time here as certain things are less exciting than others - chiefly the ones that are more tangential to the whole Zonama Sekot thing, although Nom Anor's life on the lam within the bowels of Coruscant is also fascinating for its further look into the tensions within the Yuuzhan Vong caste system, a cool subplot through a number of the NJO books.

Although this volume also hits on one of my pet peeves in EU books, where it tries to r
Michael Church
Dec 24, 2013 Michael Church rated it it was ok
Shelves: star-wars
Holy craaaaaaap! The dry and repetitive NJO series continues in this awful conclusion to the Force Heretic sub-trilogy. Despite having an AWESOME title, this whole thing has blown. It takes everyone 3 books to meet some meager goals. It's loaded to bursting with fluff, and THERE ARE NO CHAPTERS!

I know it's a stylistic thing, but chapters just make books less daunting. If it's moving at a good clip, sure, I'll just blow through the whole thing. But there is no way that the authors and editors di
Jun 13, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it
The best of the Force Heretic trilogy, but still entrenched in an amateurish writing style, and still not up to par with other entries.

Finally, we've gotten to the good bits. The ambling story with Tahiri has reached a conclusions (and a purpose), and we finally see the mysterious Zonama Sekot. Okay, so some of us saw it in Rogue Planet, but now we're seeing it through new eyes and learning what's become of it since.

Despite my complaints with the series, I still have them all 4 stars because I
Rocky Sunico
Jan 21, 2016 Rocky Sunico rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
Decent book, but the pay-off for the entire trilogy. The value of Zonoma Sekot in terms of the war effort remains unclear and thus felt almost unnecessary.
Mar 25, 2015 Micah rated it it was ok
The against all odds theme runs thin after fifteen books of it
Jun 29, 2015 Jerry rated it really liked it
I'm curious to see how the story develops from here...
Feb 14, 2009 Jesse rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, starwars
The new Jedi order completely outpaces anything in the Starwars genre. This series was Dark, exciting, fast paced, and inspired. The writing was fantastic and the level of philosophy and force history was unparalleled. If your a fan at any level of the Starwars Universe than this series is a must read. It is on my top 5 of all time for a series and I treasured every moment I spent in that time. But beware, this isn't your typical Starwars book, be ready for a level of intensity that you've never ...more
Feb 04, 2016 Matthew rated it liked it
John Cook
Apr 15, 2013 John Cook rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Teens or older.
Recommended to John by: Me
The finale to the 3 part series within a series, Luke has found the "living Planet" Zonama Sekot." Luke must try to persuade the reluctant entity to aide in the battle against the Force immune Yuuzhan Vong. Leia and Han Solo must mount a battle against a far superior enemy. There's little hope for victory. Even Han feels the weight of the odds.

This is a well crafted, imaginative story. It moves well, delves deep into character, while remaining true to what is familiar from the movies.
Oct 23, 2014 Jimmy rated it it was ok
Slow and nothing happens
Apr 12, 2011 Jeff rated it really liked it
Everything that I mentioned in my reviews for the previous two Force Heretic books is still true, but this third installment does a lot to pull together many of the threads that felt like they were lacking in the previous two. That being said, I don't have a whole lot more to add about this specific book. Solid writing, but could have been better. Storyline felt a little thin at times, but does get better towards the end of this sub-trilogy.
Feb 17, 2013 Brantley rated it really liked it
A fun read with a great Droma related twist at the end. A great conclusion to the trilogy, with all of the best Star Wars traditions: a strange world with new inhabitants, a tense standoff against a tough (but predictable) enemy, and all of the usual suspects. Dix writes the characters pretty decently, and writes Pellaeon quite well.

A solid conclusion to the trilogy.
Jul 28, 2014 Aric rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I'm glad that the conclusion to this trilogy was more enjoyable than the previous two books. The writing style was either less clunky and more refined in this book than the previous ones, or I grew used to it. I still did not like the organization of the book, and haphazard way that the author jumped around. The plot was good, and the ending mostly satisfying.
Mar 15, 2011 Michael rated it liked it
The best book in the trilogy. The wrap of of the Skywalker trip proves to be quite interesting. The Solo line continued to be boring, though the end battle had some interesting pieces. The whole Tahiri section is interesting unlike in the previous books. The lack of chapters is still annoying.
Apr 05, 2016 RumBelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-wars
In this last of the trilogy, Zonoma Sekot is found, and we learn the true nature of the Yuuzhan Vong. There is also the issue of whether the pacifist planet will return with Luke and his party to help the New Republic end the war. A final confrontation is looming.
Matt Hartzell
Mar 06, 2009 Matt Hartzell rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fans
Shelves: star-wars
The New Jedi Order is my favorite series in the Star Wars Expanded Universe. It is a long and epic story, with large ramifications for all the Expanded Universe characters. It will keep you busy for a while!
Nov 18, 2012 Matthew rated it it was amazing
A pretty fun conclusion to this sub-trilogy of NJO. Action and adventure happens, as you might expect. For people that like that sort of thing, I think it is just about the sort of thing they would like.
Aug 22, 2013 Brendan rated it liked it
Just too long for little punch at the end. Though I do look forward to how this will help bring the New Jedi Order series to a close in the next few books.
Aug 22, 2011 Ben rated it it was ok
The story line surrounding Jacen picks up a bit in this book, but not enough to carry along the dead weight of most of the other story lines.
Jul 22, 2013 R rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Really good series, most of Sean williams Sci-fi books are really good, (The Astropolis series being one of my all time favorites)
Sep 08, 2012 Jeff rated it liked it
It ended well enough. Actually looking forward to this series ending.
Jun 13, 2011 Vee rated it liked it
It's just another book in the 20 book series known as the New Jedi Order.
Oct 02, 2013 Shaft rated it really liked it
These things do get a lot better towards the end of this series.
  • The Final Prophecy (Star Wars: New Jedi Order, #18)
  • Destiny's Way (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14)
  • Rebel Dream (Enemy Lines, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #11)
  • The Unifying Force (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #19)
  • Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10)
  • Traitor (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #13)
  • Balance Point (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6)
  • Star by Star (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #9)
  • Onslaught (Dark Tide, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #2)
  • Revelation (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #8)
#1 New York Times bestselling Sean Williams lives with his family in Adelaide, South Australia. He’s written some books--forty-two at last count--including the Philip K. Dick-nominated Saturn Returns, several Star Wars novels and the Troubletwister series with Garth Nix. Twinmaker is a YA SF series that takes his love affair with the matter transmitter to a whole new level. You can find some relat ...more
More about Sean Williams...

Star Wars: The New Jedi Order (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Vector Prime (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #1)
  • Onslaught (Dark Tide, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #2)
  • Ruin (Dark Tide, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #3)
  • Hero's Trial (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #4)
  • Jedi Eclipse (Agents of Chaos, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #5)
  • Balance Point (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6)
  • Conquest (Edge of Victory, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #7)
  • Rebirth (Edge of Victory, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #8)
  • Star by Star (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #9)
  • Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10)

“Leia knows what she's doing.
She married you didn't she

Han Droma”
“This one hopez you know what you are doing.
Not really. But it's uncertainty that makes life so interesting don't you think

Saba Jacen”