Start by marking “Living the 7 Habits: The Courage to Change” as Want to Read:
Living the 7 Habits: The Courage to Change

Living the 7 Habits: The Courage to Change

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  910 ratings  ·  43 reviews
"To live with change, to optimize change, you need principles that don't change." —Dr. Stephen R. Covey

Success that endures -- sustainable and balanced success -- can seem difficult to achieve in today's turbulent, complex world of change. But those who achieve this kind of success live by seven universal, timeless, self-evident principles that apply in any situa
Published March 14th 2000 by Free Press (first published February 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Living the 7 Habits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living the 7 Habits

جُمانه الماجد

اعتبر كتاب " العادات السبع الأكثر قعاليه " هو من أفضل كتب تطوير النفس و أكثرها تعمقا ودقه , و مميز لأنه لاينحاز لطائفة معينه أو دين أو حتى جنسيات مخصصه
الكتاب عام وصالح للجميع ..

كتاب العيش وفقا للعادات السبع هو يعتبر كتاب تابع أو ملحق لكتاب الأول , لأنه يبرز قصص يوضح بها كيفية إستغلال العادات السبع للتغلب على المصاعب لتحقيق الأهداف والوصول لحياه أجمل

الكتاب ممكن يغني عن الكتاب الأول " العادات السبع" لأن به ملخص عن العادات .. لكن مهما كان يبقى تعمّق الكتاب الأول له لذه أكثر

جميل جدا و مؤثر
يجدد
Chantal
This book was a birthday gift from my friend Chris when I was living in Paris. I used to read this book the green armchair by my window with the occasional interruption from the nearby church bell. It is simply an application Steven R. Covey's 7 Habits. I loved it. I found the stories incredibly inspiring - although the jargon started driving me nuts after a while. But, as with every time I read Covey, I find myself really driven to live with more integrity. This really was the perfect gift for ...more
Bebe Burnside
If you liked 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, you'll love this follow up. Stephen Covey puts together a collection of stories he received from people who used the 7 Habits to change their lives. He gives a brief intro to each story and a follow up after, which help reinforce the lessons from 7 Habits. The stories are powerful and a living example to help your further understand the 7 Habits. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to change their personal and professional lives. One ...more
Peep Laja
Jun 03, 2007 Peep Laja rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everybody
Before reading this you have to read "7 Habits" as this is kind of a sequel.

The book consists of powerful stories of people who read the "7 Habits" and started to use them. It goes habit by habit, covering all of them.

It is very inspirational, gives you additional proof that the habits really work and brings new insights on how to use all of the habits.
Wood Dickinson
It's great! I'm in it.
Don Gubler
Doesn't add that much.
Cambria
One story struck me in particular--one about a woman finally connecting to a step-son, seeing him as more than just the chores he did. The rest of the book was okay, I think I liked the 7 Habits book better and the 7 Habits seminar on tape best.
Nada Gohary
Imagination is more powerful than memory . Imagination taps into possibilities , into the infinite .
Memory is limited by past events and the finite . When u use your imagination and your dreams as the criteria to make your decisions , they became self -fulfilling prophecies .
The subconscious mind seizes upon experience and opportunity to actualize those imagined dreams .
Those DREAMS ignite excitement and hope in other people .... From article " my flower shop " Stephen convey , living the 7 habi
Bethany Hanna
I loved reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. I was hoping for more out of this book....it is a bunch of short stories. I didn't relate to many of them and had a hard time being excited about reading this book.
Vonia
I really was not that in love with the first Covey title... So not sure why I tried again... But, as it is, he has some insightful information, definitely might be of assistance at some point, but overall overhyped.
Melissa Baggett
This book contains several vignettes of people who applied the 7 habits to their personal, work, family and community lives. Some of these stories were repeats for me; I read them in the 8th Habit. The stories were particularly good as they related to one's personal and family lives, but after reading the 8th habit as well as Covey's other work, this book didn't really augment those works all that well.
Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
Interesting book that I feel is into the self-help. this book narrates the stories - individual, family, community education and of the workplace dealing with the 7 habits.
Peggy
Excellent and a must read for everyone.
Lacey
I had read this book when I graduated from high school--a long time ago--so it was time to read it again. I actually listened to it and was again impressed at the principles. At best we have the potential to be influential leaders; at the least, we can learn to relate better with those around us and contribute to our own success.
Sophie
I can't say I found this all that inspirational... and even if I liked an individual story, Covey's interruptions were really distracting. (And yes, I know, he said in the introduction that I could ignore them, but they're so long! I thought they'd be important!)
Francie
This was actually a really great book -- way more readable than the 7 Habits book itself, because it is one motivational/inspirational story after another. Kind of like a "Chicken Soup For the Soul" book. Great read for when you want to feel good about life.
Manoj B
Pros: Powerful stories of learning, affirmation and hope
Cons: Color visuals could have given it a great look.

To read more about my review, click here
Sara
Living the 7 Habits is a collection of personal experiences from people who have applied principles and practices from The 7 Habits. It illustrates very well how The 7 Habits can really be life-changing.
Lynda
The personal stories of people who read and worked the 7 habits system.
This is the only one of these books other than 7 habits that I read.
Truly it made me feel flawed and unsucessful.

QA
This book is like a workbook of the earliar book of
Dr stephen, the 7 habits and it facilitate those who want to adopt those principles.Its a useful book for a hands on experience.
Saud Omar
May 19, 2011 Saud Omar marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self_improvement
قصص فصيرة, الواحدة لا تتجاوز الصفحتين, لأشخاص طبقوا العادات السبع في حياتهم. شخصياَ,أعتبر كتاب العادات السبع من أهم الكتب التي قرأتها, لذلك اجد كل قصة من هذه القصص في غاية التأثير
Amber
I really disliked it. I struggled to even finish it and wouldn't have if it wasn't required reading for a class. Just not my cup of tea and very boring as well.
Rhonda Rae Baker
Yes, yes, this continues on with strength building...I have learned that the courage is there if I just apply myself and not allow the world around me to take me down.
Teresa
I was given this cassette set a lot of years ago and I always find it to be a great reminder on how to function when dealing with life's adversities.
Truthful
I have read this probably seven times, and taken loads of loads of notes. Totally used up this book and highly recommend it!
Jason Howard
One of the best self-improvement motivation books. He's LDS, and it shows. It's an international best-seller for a reason.
Jodie
I enjoyed hearing the stories of other people's experiences. It made it easier to grasps the concepts.
Renae
Just a bunch of testimonials, I could do without it. It's just the confirmation of the first book.
Abraham
Grandiosas y conmovedoras historias que te motivan e impulsan a superar tus limitaciones.
Goodreads Librari...: Correct author name "7 Habits..." 2 20 Jul 22, 2013 01:07AM
  • What Matters Most: The Power of Living Your Values
  • The 12 Bad Habits That Hold Good People Back: Overcoming the Behavior Patterns That Keep You From Getting Ahead
  • Living the Simple Life: A Guide to Scaling Down and Enjoying More
  • Success For Dummies
  • Family First: Your Step-by-Step Plan for Creating a Phenomenal Family
  • Real Leaders Don't Do PowerPoint: How to Sell Yourself and Your Ideas
  • The Radical Leap: A Personal Lesson in Extreme Leadership
  • Classic Drucker: Essential Wisdom of Peter Drucker from the Pages of Harvard Business Review
  • Survival Is Not Enough: Why Smart Companies Abandon Worry and Embrace Change
  • Accelerated Learning Techniques
  • How to Work a Room, 25th Anniversary Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Making Lasting Connections--In Person and Online
  • Saying It Like It Is
Stephen Richards Covey was the author of the best-selling book, "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People". Other books he wrote include "First Things First", "Principle-Centered Leadership", and "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families". In 2004, Covey released "The 8th Habit". In 2008, Covey released "The Leader In Me—How Schools and Parents Around the World Are Inspiring Greatness, One ...more
More about Stephen R. Covey...
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change First Things First The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness Principle Centered Leadership The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families