Start by marking “Curious George at the Aquarium (Multi-Touch Edition)” as Want to Read:
Curious George at the Aquarium (Multi-Touch Edition)

Curious George at the Aquarium (Multi-Touch Edition)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  213 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Beluga whales! Sea lions! Sharp-toothed piranhas! "Curious George at the Aquarium" is a lively story based on H. A. and Margret Rey's popular primate and painted in the original watercolor and charcoal style. The aquarium is the perfect place for a little monkey to get into big trouble. A full-color twenty-four-page paperback with bonus activities and fun facts about sea l ...more
Published September 3rd 2007 by Harcourt Brace and Company

To ask other readers questions about Curious George at the Aquarium, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George at the Aquarium

Shelby Royalty
I really enjoyed this book. Curious George is very entertaining with great illustrations. This story in particular gave some decent information about animals in the aquarium. I will definitely have this book in my classroom.
Azzageddi
Un libro para niños. Muy fácil. Esto es bueno, porque yo nunca practico español hablando/leyendo. Yo necesito cambiar eso.
J F
Cute idea because Curious George enamors us but ... the larger format of the origonal series grabed our hearts!
Corby Lancaster
Genre- Picture book

Reading Level- K-2

Topic and Themes- Curious George visits an aquarium and gets into mischief. Mischievous events.

Curricula- Read Aloud, guided reading

Social- Curious George gets into mischief

Literary Element- Curious George explores different exhibits at the aquarium. He saves a baby penguin.

Text and Pictures- Text and pictures go together to tell the story.

Summary- "Curious George at the Aquarium" is a story that shows Curious George exploring different exhibits at the aquari
Samantha
Nov 21, 2011 Samantha rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a certain mischievous monkey
Penguins! Curious George! Aquariums!

This is the perfect combination! Since a young girl, my mother has read me Curious George. My sister is an absolute penguin lover (they are so cute, its hard NOT to like them). Aquariums and zoos have always been some of my favorite places to visit.

This book excited me from the moment I picked it up. Every time I pay a visit to Curious George, I know we're bound to be mischievous and end up it just a little bit of trouble. =)
Savannah
Love how this book focuses on the aquarium. My son, D and I have been there but when was 2 so he probably doesn't remember but I love discussing topics with him and it was fun talking about sea life. I like to see what good George does in every story, in this one he saves a baby penguin from falling into the water.
Patricia
Samantha
I love the aquarium, and I love Curious George at the Aquarium! This is a great book that explores many different areas of an aquarium like the whales, the deep water creatures, the shallow tanks and of course, the penguins. George sneaks in to the penguin exhibit and ends of saving a penguin chick that falls in the water unseen.
I used this book in my classroom along with the short movie by the same name. I asked my students these questions: What do you think the word impatient means? What did George do that he shouldn't have? What did George do that was good? This book reminds me of things that my students do - good and bad all day long!
Kristy Schwertfeger
This was a classic Curious George book, where George goes to the aquarium and gets into trouble. But always by the end of the story he helps out somebody. In this book he saves a baby penguin. This book would be good to use when studying ocean life because it talks about all the animals in the aquarium.
Kristy
Eh. Still searching for the George that I loved as a kid...and haven't found him yet. Shrug. Most of these stories just seem pointless to me. Let's go to the aquarium, reek havok among the penquins, save one, and become the star of the show. Mhmmmm. Whatever you say, George.
Kelsey Scherer
Before you know it, George is in with the penguins and ends up setting them all free. The visit is crazy until he saves the day by grabbing a baby penguin, who cannot swim, before it hits the water. Another fun and entertaining book about that silly Curious George.
Sharon Nakagawa
Tucked under the front cover is my map of the Monterey Bay Aquarium which is where I purchased this book. The text provides a good introduction to aquarium life and the perfect springboard into learning about sea creatures.
Jessica Howard
So everyone thanks George for saving the baby penguin... but he had to save it because all the other penguins got away because he LET THEM OUT. Oh the logical fallacies of children's books. Of course, E loved it.
Kelly
My little monkey boy loves reading about Curious George. Follows the typical formula for a book in this series. George helps return Penguins to their exhibit after he accidentally lets them out.
LeiAnn
I just read this book to my daughter she was moving and all of that good stuff eight month old bbies do. She went to sleep afterwards. So I guess I can say she like the book,lol.
Emerson
We have this book as an iphone app (with Mao narrating) and also as a gift from Tee-tee and Degor.
Alexandria
I love penguins. My favorite part is when george saves the penguin. That was so cute.

Nayeli Jimenez
I like the part when he saves the baby pinguin.
Jen
Of course, we loved the penguins best! =)
carissa
Recommended Ages: pre-K - 1st grade
Anica
Delightful Curious George adventure.
PWRL
Nov 28, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
SM
Roopi
Roopi marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
amy
amy marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Evelyn Looi
Evelyn Looi marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
  • Bright Baby First Words
  • Ten Timid Ghosts
  • Llama Llama Wakey-Wake
  • Happy Hippo, Angry Duck
  • The Magic School Bus Inside a Hurricane (The Magic School Bus, #7)
  • Valentine Mice!
  • Franklin's Baby Sister
  • Clifford's First School Day
  • Katie Loves the Kittens
  • The Spirit of Christmas
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...
The Complete Adventures of Curious George Curious George Goes to the Hospital Curious George Visits the Library Curious George Visits the Zoo Curious George Flies a Kite