Start by marking “Get Rich with Options: Four Winning Strategies Straight from the Exchange Floor” as Want to Read:
Get Rich with Options: Four Winning Strategies Straight from the Exchange Floor

Get Rich with Options: Four Winning Strategies Straight from the Exchange Floor

A detailed guide to successfully trading stock and commodity options

After numerous years as an options market-maker in the trenches of the New York Mercantile Exchange, few analysts know how to make money trading options like author Lee Lowell. Now, in the Second Edition of Get Rich with Options, Lowell returns to show you exactly what works and what doesn't.

Filled with i
Published September 10th 2009 by Wiley (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Get Rich with Options, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Rich with Options

Robert Rubin
Aug 14, 2007 Robert Rubin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who want to learn how to use stock options
This is an indispensable book for anyone wanting to earn money in the securities markets. I give it only three stars because it's one of the worst written books I've ever seen, bordering on incoherence at many points. Despite the atrocious prose, it explains four basic, powerful, and enormously lucrative strategies for using stock options. Any serious investor, wanting to improve his results, can benefit from this book. The four strategies are all conservative, seeking to profit by reducing risk ...more
Maciej
Jul 12, 2011 Maciej rated it really liked it
I did not get rich, but it filled me with optimistic delusions of grandeur.
Nisha D
Jul 21, 2014 Nisha D rated it it was ok
Nothing new or interesting in this book, very disappointed.
Jeff Spacek
Mar 12, 2017 Jeff Spacek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book that shows you how to generate passive and portfolio income. The catch is, what are your money beliefs and what do you believe to be risk?
Jason
Aug 25, 2008 Jason rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good source of information for anyone willing to start employing options into his or her stock strategies.

As with every decent options book, this outlines strategies to the effect of (paraphrasing) "Limit your losses but maintain an infinite potential of income!". That's exactly what options are: insurance. Do you drive a car without insurance? Then why trade stocks without it?

Trading options is not for beginner investors and should be researched thoroughly before ever trying it, and thi
Dave
Mar 21, 2014 Dave rated it really liked it
I thought it was a great introduction to options. I would have liked to see some discussion about what to do when an options trade goes against you. Some of the strategies sound great, but I found that I can't even consider most of them because my brokerage won't let a beginner do more than write covered calls or buy cash secured puts.
TJ Shelby
Maybe I'm just incapable of understanding options trading analytics. I understand the principles behind the tradings and slowly becoming more familiar with the new language attached to it. However, this book is very basic and yet I'm still at a loss as far as how to analyze and strategize for successful opportunities to take advantage of.
Danilo
Oct 13, 2012 Danilo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Payoff trading. He doesn't show the real risk of options trading. You can have winning strategies for 11 months selling volatility and lose everything in just one month. No free lunch.
Arthur Martiroso
Apr 23, 2014 Arthur Martiroso rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Great book with some options strategies, I'm looking forward to trying these out and testing how well they work!!!
Daryl Tay
Daryl Tay rated it really liked it
May 21, 2015
Bayu Soedjarwo
Bayu Soedjarwo rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2007
Sean
Sean rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Fábio
Fábio rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2014
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2013
Dennis Thrasher
Dennis Thrasher rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2013
TJ Sutter
TJ Sutter rated it it was ok
Aug 28, 2016
Andy104
Andy104 rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
George Yanez
George Yanez rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2013
Kellykarpinski
Kellykarpinski rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2009
Adam Wojtowicz
Adam Wojtowicz rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2014
Anot
Anot rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2013
Idan Solon
Idan Solon rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2009
Philip Madden
Philip Madden rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Angel
Angel rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Kenedy Assman
Kenedy Assman rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Richard Blacklock
Richard Blacklock rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Trent
Trent rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2014
Halit Erdogan
Halit Erdogan rated it did not like it
Sep 18, 2016