Start by marking “Finger Prints” as Want to Read:
Finger Prints

Finger Prints

New York Times bestselling author Barbara Delinsky displays her deep understanding of the desires and fears that move us all in this poignant story, first published in 1984, of danger, love, and trust.

Once upon a time she was Robyn Hart, a journalist whosaw too much and wasn't afraid to expose it. But that courage nearly cost Robyn her life. Under the protection of the Wit
Published August 26th 2003 by HarperTorch (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Finger Prints, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finger Prints

Stephanie Tuell
Oct 28, 2015 Stephanie Tuell rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
an excellent story right from the beginning. delinsky gives excellent details to ensure that you get the best picture of the story in your head. the way she describes the emotions that carly, ryan, sam, tom, and even greg are feeling are awesome. i love the way carly holds back her true feelings for ryan. i love the way ryan finially accepts them. while under the witness protection program, carly is relocated to boston. while there she runs into ryan, a well known lawyer. carly hates the thought ...more
Griffinyarn
Apr 11, 2014 Griffinyarn rated it liked it
This is the third Barbara Delinsky novel I've read. I enjoy her writing style, the plot development and her characters; I just feel that she takes too long to resolve everything.

There was one plot element I didn't understand (Note: This is a BIG spoiler(view spoiler)
Julie Barrett
Jul 26, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
Fingerprints by Barbara Delinsky
Carly Quinn is now under the witness protection program and she lives in MA. She has visited a few local touristy places to help fit in.
Her father she only calls when she really needs him. He has no access to call her but he has access to the agents who can help her.
Ryan Cornell, a lawyer, is new to her complex. Ryan is the runner she had walked across his path earlier. He had locked his keys in his car.
Sam Loomis is the agent and his partner is Riley. She had see
Evi K. Laksana
May 17, 2015 Evi K. Laksana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first favorite romance book

I read this for the first time more than 10 years ago and it became my first favorite romance book. Strong characters, patient love, and a bit of intrigue, it was just right. Hundreds of romance books later, this still feels special ...
Ada Iaboni
Mar 13, 2016 Ada Iaboni rated it liked it
A look at witness protection in the early 80s.
the story rang true enough, was exciting and although parts were predictable, it had a thrilling ending and told us a lot in the epilogue to tie up loose ends.
Well worth reading.
Linda
Mar 22, 2011 Linda rated it it was ok
I picked this up to read because it was here in the house for someone else. The interesting plot and the love story kept me reading, but I really wouldn’t go very far to look for a copy. Robyn Hart, a journalist in Chicago, who “saw too much and was willing to talk about it” becomes Carly under the Witness Protection program and moves to Boston to teach high school English. Lawyer Ryan Cornell, who lives in the apartment directly under Carly’s, falls in love with her at first sight. However, he ...more
Aug 23, 2015 Jennifer rated it did not like it
I normally like this author however the women in this book was supposed to be such a brave fighter yet she fell apart to the point some guy had to save her.
Melissa
Sep 15, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it
Not much depth but decent story.
Beverly
Aug 21, 2014 Beverly rated it liked it
good story line but I felt it was dragged out. Knew from the beginning what the outcome was going to be.
Brenda Fronsee
Jan 30, 2015 Brenda Fronsee rated it really liked it
suspenseful and romantic
Jeanne
Feb 28, 2009 Jeanne rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads
Reporter in Chicago testifies for prosecution and enters witness protection program, moving to Boston as a school teacher. Not a bad little story. Unfortunately, the epilogue resolves everyone's life from the end of the story until happy ever after...
Marcia
Jan 18, 2012 Marcia rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-library
Not my favorite Barbara Delinsky book. It seemed very predictable. I don't know if because it was written in the 80's before cell phones and CSI but I found myself shaking my head and thinking that it wasn't even believable.
Penny
Nov 18, 2013 Penny rated it really liked it
This was an awesome book that I could not put down. I stayed up to finish reading it. It was that good. I would have given it 5 stars if it hadn't been for all of the bedroom scenes. They were unnecessary.
Judith Wrinkle
Jan 13, 2011 Judith Wrinkle rated it it was ok
Ok, interesting topic, but a bit smutty for my liking. Not sure what that adds to the plot. Might give author one more try but very much like Sandra Brown and I don't read her anymore.
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Jan 30, 2011 Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell rated it really liked it
Very good book. Barbara's early works always found a home with me. Her characters were believable and for that time period were slightly racy.
Caroline
Aug 27, 2010 Caroline rated it liked it
a little bit more saddness than i usually expect from a romance novel but it was sweet and i really liked the characters.
Feb 20, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok
too long, and the mystery part of this romance was just too obvious!
Anne-Marie
Jan 05, 2012 Anne-Marie rated it really liked it
great "fluff book" I needed one of these right now
Laura Millerick
started reading on 2/28/94
Yysalinasyahoo.com
Yysalinasyahoo.com rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Kristi
Kristi marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Danelle Cale
Danelle Cale marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Sheila
Sheila rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Marla Curns
Marla Curns marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
India Jackson
India Jackson marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Ellen
Ellen rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Linda Kramer
Linda Kramer rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
Sep 03, 2016
  • The Night Remembers
  • Wicked Eddies (An RM Outdoor Adventures Mystery #2)
  • The Dark Side Of Night (H.O.T. Watch, #1)
  • Beyond Belief
  • Tangled Vines
  • Military Daddy (Mounted Color Guard, #2)
  • Murder, Mayhem, and a Fine Man (Amanda Bell Brown Mystery, #1)
  • Dream a Little Dream
  • The Courtship of Carol Sommars
  • Twins
  • Immediate Family
  • Coming Back to Me
I was born and raised in suburban Boston. My mother’s death, when I was eight, was the defining event of a childhood that was otherwise ordinary. I took piano lessons and flute lessons. I took ballroom dancing lessons. I went to summer camp through my fifteenth year (in Maine, which explains the setting of so many of my stories), then spent my sixteenth summer learning to type and to drive (two sk ...more
More about Barbara Delinsky...