Start by marking “All Fired Up” as Want to Read:
All Fired Up

All Fired Up (All Fired Up #1)

Desire can heal the coldest heart—or burn it to ashes. Alrik Gunn knows from bitter experience that change isn’t always for the better. From the woman who annihilated his Viking clan to the goddess who tricked him into centuries of slavery, betrayal has dogged his existence. The Goddess of Love is going to let him avenge his family, but for a price. As a Phoenix—a merchant ...more
Published July 6th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published September 1st 2009)

Rebecca ♥ Ash, Kishan, Warner ♥
I dont have a lot to say about this, but I will say that I loved Alrik and Cal. Alrik was very sweet and demanding, Cal was very funny and candid. And the story was original and interesting. But dont judge this book by its cover. The hot torso may lead you to believe that it is a hot and sexy read when it fact it is not. There is zero sex in this book. There is a lot of angst and romance, but no sex. Although there is some sexual dialogue, so I would recommend this to all but the youngest and mo ...more
Hbeebti
Mar 07, 2013 Hbeebti rated it really liked it
Pretty cute and at times silly. 3.5
Jess the Romanceaholic
This was my first Kristen Painter novel, and let me tell you, it won't be my last :)

The premise caught my eye immediately -- who hasn't wished for a genie of sorts to grant three magical changes in our lives? Add to that the fact that the "genie" isn't a genie at all, but is, in fact, a hunka hunka burning Viking and well, I'm fangirling all over that!

One thing that stood out to me the most with this book was the humor. There were definitely serious themes, and possibly even a hint of a parable
Creslin
3 stars.
It was a really quick and enjoyable read for me. This was one of those books that you read just to unwind. I loved our viking he was really hot and very protective even when he thought that he just was attracted to our heroine. The chemistry between them was sizzling and I couldn't get enough of them both.
What bothered me a bit is that both of them are guarded from past relationships and broken hearts and it should've been harder for the to let go their doubts and start something. But I
Chelsea
Jan 01, 2013 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-chelsea
Loved this book! It starts out with a vicious murder making vengeance a must for Alrik. I was completed enthralled with just the first chapter. I loved the main heroine as well, which usually doesn't happen. Calleigh's name, family, demeanor, humor, everything was wonderful. The betrayals were a great addition to the paranormal romance. I was still laughing even 3/4 of the way through, and literally I couldn't put it down. I read it in one sitting. I hadn't read anything by Kristen Painter befor ...more
Kiera Bryant
Valerie
Mar 08, 2015 Valerie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, especially the hero, Alrik. He had been betrayed and yet he was open and honest and I found that I liked everything about him. Calleigh was funny and very considerate but in some parts of the book, she irritated by by the decision she made or how she treated Alrick. Overall, it was a very enjoyable book that I would recommend to any romance reader!
Maggie Lynch
Jun 05, 2010 Maggie Lynch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was fun and original. There are a lot of Viking books out there, but a Viking in contemporary times? I fell in love with Alrik and truly could identify with the protagonist and the decisions she had to face.
Dara
Nov 22, 2009 Dara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I totally had a Cinnabon craving after reading this book! This was a fun read, and I unexpectedly enjoyed it! I won the ARC, so I might not have normally picked it up cause I prefer historical romance. But this was a really good story!
Carina K
Feb 23, 2013 Carina K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the very few romance novels I've read more than once. The main female is a bit weak for my taste but I love the concept of the Phoenix working for Freya. I sincerely hope there is another Phoenix character in a future book.
Gnome Claire *Wishes she was as cool as Gnome Ann*
All Fired Up was okay, bits of it were funny and other very sweet but Calliegh was really annoying, her three changes were just such obviously terrible decisions. I really couldn't get over the annoyance I felt at her.
Laura Holland
Dec 21, 2012 Laura Holland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just awesome that is all I can say!
Kayla Shettel
Mar 14, 2015 Kayla Shettel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I enjoyed reading this story it kept you interested throughout the book. The characters are great and the story flows well.
Edna
May 28, 2015 Edna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica ♡~ Book&Coffee Lover ~♡
Wow! This was such a great book, filled with all kinds of emotions .. this book really sucks you in and makes it very very hard to put down! Result i read this book in a single sitting :)
Melody
Nov 09, 2015 Melody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick and enoyable read. I was hoping for more of this series but I can't find that any more were published.
Dana Andrews
Jul 01, 2015 Dana Andrews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I gave this 5 stars because it was so entertaining and fun to read. I couldn't put it down!! If I can't have Alrick I want a Viking Phoenix of my very own.
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Really fantastic romance. Lots of UST!
Jeannie Lopez
Aug 29, 2016 Jeannie Lopez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderfully fun book, is there a 2
Rosemary Desris
Oct 15, 2015 Rosemary Desris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This is the first book I read from painter but I intend to look up all of her books to read and I m far from a young adult . Lol.
pawprintedheart
pawprintedheart rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2012
Teresa
Teresa rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2014
Persephone
Persephone rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2012
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2013
Wolgan
Wolgan rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2015
Anchana
Anchana rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2016
Sally Marriott
Sally Marriott rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Macquel
Macquel rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Asmodeus (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • Now You See Him...
  • Claiming His Wedding Night
  • Marked by the Moon (Nightcreature, #9)
  • Skykeepers (Nightkeepers, #3)
  • Save My Soul (Preternaturals, #2)
  • The Highest Price to Pay
  • Dangerous (The Reckless Rockwoods #2)
  • Texas Wide Open (Texas Fever #1)
  • The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • Tempting the Wolf (Men Of The Mist #2)
  • Bedded for Passion, Purchased for Pregnancy
  • To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd, #3)
  • Catch of a Lifetime (Tritone Trilogy, #3)
  • When There is Hope
  • The Bridal Veil
  • Sleep No More
2060858
Kristen Painter likes to balance her obsessions with shoes and cats by making the lives of her characters miserable and surprising her readers with interesting twists. She currently writes award-winning paranormal romance and urban fantasy. The former college English teacher can often be found on twitter @Kristen_Painter, Facebook at www.facebook.com/KristenPainterAuthor where she loves to interac ...more
More about Kristen Painter...