Start by marking “Restoring Hope (Native American Romance #1)” as Want to Read:
Restoring Hope (Native American Romance #1)

Restoring Hope (Native American Romance #1)

In the middle of the night, Woape flees from three male Indians who've tormented her. Gary Milton rescues her, and she follows him home. To secure Gary's protection, she marries him. But the Indians haven't given up their pursuit of her. This historical Native American Romance is rated R.
Published April 4th 2010 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Restoring Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restoring Hope

†Ðawn†
++Spoilers++

Wow!

What started out as a slower paced read picked up big time at about 65%.

I don't have much to say except I really liked it.

This book had some elements that were a bit different than some of the other books I read by this author.

First, is that the heroine was a victim of rape.. no details at all.. it was in her past, a memory, yet she wasn't as traumatized by it as other books I have read where a heroine is raped. Not to say she wasn't traumatized, but she just handled it different
Paula Freda
Sep 28, 2010 Paula Freda rated it it was amazing
"Restoring Hope" another one of Ruth Ann Nordin's Best, is a tender, sensitive story of Woape, a young Mandan Indian woman who is taken prisoner by a rival tribe's cruel warrior, Hothlepoya. Tortured and humiliated, Woape, escapes in the middle of the night. All seems lost until she crosses paths with Gary Milton, a kind young white man. He doesn't know why three Indian men want to harm her, but he is sure of one thing: he must save her. So he does. Woape clings to him and follows him everywhere ...more
Amber
Oct 02, 2011 Amber rated it really liked it
This was a good American historical romance. It has Ruth Ann Nordin's characteristic easy reading style and her ability to deal with harsh topics in a sympathetic, straightforward manner.

Her other books do mention religion as part of historical life (the importance of the church in the community and the morals espoused there for guiding behavior) but I felt it was slightly stronger here, almost but not quite crossing into preachy territory. Fair warning for those that are sensitive to such thin
Judy
Jan 03, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing
Restoring Hope by Ruth Ann Nordin
Native American Series Book 1
In book 2 of the Time Travel Series: A Chance in Time, we meet a young pregnant woman who is an American Indian. Penelope takes her home with her and delivers the young woman's baby. In Restoring Hope we see the rest of the story that leads up to that point and what happens after. Ruth has really put the reader through the ringer on this one. The book will have you in an emotional turmoil at one point when the impossible seems to happ
Stacy-Deanne
Oct 16, 2010 Stacy-Deanne rated it it was amazing
I've been reading Ruth Ann Nordin's books for a while and just when I think she can't outdo herself, she proves me wrong. Restoring Hope is one of the most enjoyable books I've read in a long time. Everything about the book was unbelievably compelling and impressive.

I fell in love with the plot from page one. When I read the author's intro about the Indian culture she'd focus on in the book, I thought it would be over my head and difficult to understand but it was anything but. What I love most
Goddess Of Blah
Aug 28, 2013 Goddess Of Blah rated it it was amazing
another triumph for Ruth Ann Nordin! A story with action, comedy and romance with plot twists and turns that was engrossing and satisfying to read.

======================
Summary:
Woape, the heroine, was running away from her arranged marriage when she's captured by a horrible Sioux tribe member and is forced to become his slave (he has two minions who assist in her capture and so forth). Gary Milton saves her and then unsure what to do with her he takes her to his aunt Erin's house.

Julia, Gary's
Heather
Jan 08, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it
The book starts with Woape being rescued by Gary from three Native American men who kidnapped, tortured, and raped her. Woape follows Gary, so he takes her to the house he grew up in, where his aunt and sister live. His aunt takes to Woape immediately; his sister, Julia, does not. Julia is suspicious of Woape and is constantly accusing her off being deceitful. Woape and Gary get married, but Julia is still suspicious. There was a point when I really felt Julia had no redeeming qualities; it caus ...more
Jo Notary
246p Fleeing from a marriage she didn't want, Woape is caught by a Sioux Indian who abuses her. One night, she manages to escape and nearly loses her life when Gary Milton shows up and rescues her.

Not knowing where else to go, she follows him home. In their time together, she falls in love with him and is determined that he will be her husband. But the Sioux Indian is not far behind, and he's going to claim her as his, even if he has to kill Gary to get her.

Books in the Native American Romance
Stéphanie Giusti
Jul 07, 2014 Stéphanie Giusti rated it it was amazing
I had this book for a while on my to read list and never got the chance until today to read it !! I had read already Onawa's story and i wanted to tead more books from this serie and i wasnt disappointed i feel in love with both Woapr and Gary right away. I also laughed, cried while reading which doesnt happened often ! The Native American series is definitely something i would let pass its worth reading it !!! I hope that Erin had her story as well ! Im still looking around to see if i didnt mi ...more
Jane
Apr 30, 2015 Jane rated it it was amazing
Woape is a Manden Native American that lived in what is now North Dakota. She was captured and made a slave of Hoathlopoya, a Sioux after killing her mother. The story starts as she tries to escape and Gary Milton, a white man comes to her rescue.

He takes he to his Aunt Erin's home where he was raised along with his sister Julia. Julia treats Woape with hatred, so when Gary marries Woape Julia tells Hoathlopoya where to find her. The Sioux comes with two other braves in the night and Gary is alo
Keri
Aug 16, 2012 Keri rated it liked it
I had no idea what to expect from this book because I came upon it by accident, thought it was cheap and I haven't read anything involving native american's before so I figured I'd give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the book and the relationship between our hero and heroine. There was a huge portion of the book where the two of them are separated which I didn't like, I felt that bit of time went on too long because they were the main point of the story and them being separated ...more
Tori
I really enjoy Native American based novels, and this was no exception.
I did feel that it took too long to explain what exactly happened to Woape, and I felt that a few extra details explaining things would have been nice for readers.
The novel tends to skip from past to present in some parts of the novel, but not so dramatically that you will become confused or lost. The book flowed rather nicely, and I was sad at the novel's end.
I loved the romance between Woape and Gary, and the extra "secret"
Aayesha Khatri
I liked this book a lot in the beginning, but then in the middle and end I didn't find it enjoyable. The main reason why was because it was a bit too heavy for my tastes. And because they were both kids. I mean, a 20-year old hero and a 16-year old heroine?

I can stand younger heroines, that was definitely not the problem. And this heroine didn't go around throwing tantrums and acting immature like young heroines usually do. But GOD, A 20-YEAR OLD HERO. HE'S NOT EVEN OUT OF THE CRADLE YET!

It wa
Stephannie Beman
Oct 14, 2010 Stephannie Beman rated it really liked it

Restoring Hope is another great romance by Ruth Ann Nordin about a Mandan Indian named Woape who is running from her cruel tormentor Hothlepoya and rescued by Gary Milton who brings her into the strange world of the White Man. After a few comical cultural misunderstandings, Gary and Woape are married despite the protests of Gary’s sister Julia, but Julia is the least of their concerns when Hothlepoya returns for Woape, causing a cascade of events that lead to two deaths.

Even though it is a roma

Mary Ann
As King Solemn once said "There is nothing new under the sun," and that certainly applies to the selfishness of mankind. Thankfully there were, and still are the good people to balance the negativity. This story revolved around the relationship within families, and between Native Americans and settlers.
Linda F H ANCOCK
Grate book

This is a good book to read .if you like native American romance .started reading and couldn't stop. there are two more in this series
William Worman
Jul 30, 2014 William Worman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

Love it

this was an awesome read had me engrossed from the beginning. I can't wait to read the rest in the series!!
Tracy Schoenberg
I haven't read much about the Old West and Native Americans so this was an interesting new setting for a romance...
Danielle Bienvenu
Oct 02, 2015 Danielle Bienvenu rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of her Native American Romance series! I wish there were more.
Alita Barrett
Oct 27, 2014 Alita Barrett rated it it was amazing
This was such a good book. I couldn't put it down.
Poonam
Feb 21, 2013 Poonam rated it really liked it
Another one of Ruth Ann Nordin books. Simply love her stories.

This story got me hooked from the start to the end. Couldn't put the book down. Loved the hero Gary Milton, but I was more interested in the relationship evolving between Julia and Chogan. I felt frustrated when Gary never understood the depth of love his sister Julia has for him. The ending was okay . Oh how I wish to know more about Chogan and Julia' love story.

Looking forward to getting more free books of this author.
Yvette Karns
Jul 14, 2013 Yvette Karns rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-20133
Good love story. Set back in 1800's when Indians were around. A white man marries an indian girl who has had all sorts of trouble with the Sioux tribe. One Sioux indian claims her as his and chases her down due to she ran away from him. She thinks he has killed her husband Gary but he didn't and Gary and Woape find each other in the end. Like I said good love story.
Rachel
Oct 04, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story and would possibly read it again- while some aspects of the story and plot line were a little far fetched and didn't seem to make sense - the genuine rapport that you develop with so many of the characters makes up for it- most of the time.
Would recommend this book to friends, esp. if you like reading romance.
Melissa
Jul 25, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
This book DEFINITELY needs a new cover, I almost didnt want to waste my time reading it because of the cheesy cover! However it ended up being a really cute book! If you like romance with a little bit of western flare I recommend this book!
Carrie Bray
Jul 14, 2013 Carrie Bray rated it really liked it
I would go with 3.5 stars this is not a lot romance not a lot of action just a little of both. there were some good areas which kept me reading. not sure if I'll get to the other books but I'll put them on my wish list for maybe later.
Missy
Nov 02, 2013 Missy rated it really liked it
A tender love story with exciting twists and turns but still a joy to read.....a love so true that proves age doesn't matter if you are meant to be......and that together you can over come anything.
~Megan~
Nov 08, 2010 ~Megan~ rated it really liked it
My second Ruth Ann Nordin book.....I've enjoyed them both so much! She reminds me a lot of Cheryl St. John or Carolyn Davidson....very emotional and heartfelt stories and fantastic beta heroes.
Jody
Apr 21, 2013 Jody rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books, ebook
So glad I finally decided to read this. Woape's story ends much different than what I was lead to believe at the end of A Chance in Time.
Julia's story should be very interesting.
Shelley Chastagner
Jun 15, 2016 Shelley Chastagner rated it liked it
Shelves: reread
This book is linked with "Meant to Be" and "A Chance in Time". Enjoyable story. Adult themes that include violence, and sexual situations.
Brittany
May 11, 2012 Brittany rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best romance books I have read that is about Indians. I really loved it and can't wait to read the rest of the series!!!
  • Beyond the Horizon (Horizon Set, #1)
  • T'on Ma
  • Say You Love Me
  • A Scandalous Past (Scandalous, #5)
  • Savage Destiny (The Hearts Of Liberty, #1)
  • Reckless Heart
  • Through the Fire
  • Another Dawn
  • The Bride Wore Feathers
  • Fireblossom
  • Kissing Kelli  (Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy, #1)
  • My Lady Gisborne: A Gisborne Novel
  • For The Sake of Sin
  • Wind Warrior
  • The Bad Luck Wedding Dress (Bad Luck Brides, #1)
  • My Savage Heart (McQuaid Trilogy #1)
  • Twin Willows
  • I'll Be There (Angel Ridge, #4)
What's to say? I write a lot. I read often. I sleep little. Once in awhile, I've been known to clean the house. A number of kids live in my house and there's this guy they call dad and I call husband. All in all, it's a pretty good life. :-)
More about Ruth Ann Nordin...

Native American Romance (3 books)
  • Brave Beginnings (Native American Romance #2)
  • Bound by Honor Bound by Love (Native American Romance #3)