Start by marking “Restoring Hope (Native American Romance #1)” as Want to Read:
Restoring Hope (Native American Romance #1)

Restoring Hope (Native American Romance #1)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  534 ratings  ·  38 reviews
In the middle of the night, Woape flees from three male Indians who've tormented her. Gary Milton rescues her, and she follows him home. To secure Gary's protection, she marries him. But the Indians haven't given up their pursuit of her. This historical Native American Romance is rated R.
Published April 4th 2010 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Restoring Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restoring Hope

Paula Freda
"Restoring Hope" another one of Ruth Ann Nordin's Best, is a tender, sensitive story of Woape, a young Mandan Indian woman who is taken prisoner by a rival tribe's cruel warrior, Hothlepoya. Tortured and humiliated, Woape, escapes in the middle of the night. All seems lost until she crosses paths with Gary Milton, a kind young white man. He doesn't know why three Indian men want to harm her, but he is sure of one thing: he must save her. So he does. Woape clings to him and follows him everywhere ...more
This was a good American historical romance. It has Ruth Ann Nordin's characteristic easy reading style and her ability to deal with harsh topics in a sympathetic, straightforward manner.

Her other books do mention religion as part of historical life (the importance of the church in the community and the morals espoused there for guiding behavior) but I felt it was slightly stronger here, almost but not quite crossing into preachy territory. Fair warning for those that are sensitive to such thin
Restoring Hope by Ruth Ann Nordin
Native American Series Book 1
In book 2 of the Time Travel Series: A Chance in Time, we meet a young pregnant woman who is an American Indian. Penelope takes her home with her and delivers the young woman's baby. In Restoring Hope we see the rest of the story that leads up to that point and what happens after. Ruth has really put the reader through the ringer on this one. The book will have you in an emotional turmoil at one point when the impossible seems to happ
Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne
I've been reading Ruth Ann Nordin's books for a while and just when I think she can't outdo herself, she proves me wrong. Restoring Hope is one of the most enjoyable books I've read in a long time. Everything about the book was unbelievably compelling and impressive.

I fell in love with the plot from page one. When I read the author's intro about the Indian culture she'd focus on in the book, I thought it would be over my head and difficult to understand but it was anything but. What I love most
Goddess Of Blah
another triumph for Ruth Ann Nordin! A story with action, comedy and romance with plot twists and turns that was engrossing and satisfying to read.

Woape, the heroine, was running away from her arranged marriage when she's captured by a horrible Sioux tribe member and is forced to become his slave (he has two minions who assist in her capture and so forth). Gary Milton saves her and then unsure what to do with her he takes her to his aunt Erin's house.

Julia, Gary's
The book starts with Woape being rescued by Gary from three Native American men who kidnapped, tortured, and raped her. Woape follows Gary, so he takes her to the house he grew up in, where his aunt and sister live. His aunt takes to Woape immediately; his sister, Julia, does not. Julia is suspicious of Woape and is constantly accusing her off being deceitful. Woape and Gary get married, but Julia is still suspicious. There was a point when I really felt Julia had no redeeming qualities; it caus ...more
Stéphanie Giusti
I had this book for a while on my to read list and never got the chance until today to read it !! I had read already Onawa's story and i wanted to tead more books from this serie and i wasnt disappointed i feel in love with both Woapr and Gary right away. I also laughed, cried while reading which doesnt happened often ! The Native American series is definitely something i would let pass its worth reading it !!! I hope that Erin had her story as well ! Im still looking around to see if i didnt mi ...more
Woape is a Manden Native American that lived in what is now North Dakota. She was captured and made a slave of Hoathlopoya, a Sioux after killing her mother. The story starts as she tries to escape and Gary Milton, a white man comes to her rescue.

He takes he to his Aunt Erin's home where he was raised along with his sister Julia. Julia treats Woape with hatred, so when Gary marries Woape Julia tells Hoathlopoya where to find her. The Sioux comes with two other braves in the night and Gary is alo
I had no idea what to expect from this book because I came upon it by accident, thought it was cheap and I haven't read anything involving native american's before so I figured I'd give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the book and the relationship between our hero and heroine. There was a huge portion of the book where the two of them are separated which I didn't like, I felt that bit of time went on too long because they were the main point of the story and them being separated ...more
I really enjoy Native American based novels, and this was no exception.
I did feel that it took too long to explain what exactly happened to Woape, and I felt that a few extra details explaining things would have been nice for readers.
The novel tends to skip from past to present in some parts of the novel, but not so dramatically that you will become confused or lost. The book flowed rather nicely, and I was sad at the novel's end.
I loved the romance between Woape and Gary, and the extra "secret"
Aayesha Khatri
I liked this book a lot in the beginning, but then in the middle and end I didn't find it enjoyable. The main reason why was because it was a bit too heavy for my tastes. And because they were both kids. I mean, a 20-year old hero and a 16-year old heroine?

I can stand younger heroines, that was definitely not the problem. And this heroine didn't go around throwing tantrums and acting immature like young heroines usually do. But GOD, A 20-YEAR OLD HERO. HE'S NOT EVEN OUT OF THE CRADLE YET!

It wa
Stephannie Beman

Restoring Hope is another great romance by Ruth Ann Nordin about a Mandan Indian named Woape who is running from her cruel tormentor Hothlepoya and rescued by Gary Milton who brings her into the strange world of the White Man. After a few comical cultural misunderstandings, Gary and Woape are married despite the protests of Gary’s sister Julia, but Julia is the least of their concerns when Hothlepoya returns for Woape, causing a cascade of events that lead to two deaths.

Even though it is a roma

Mary Ann
As King Solemn once said "There is nothing new under the sun," and that certainly applies to the selfishness of mankind. Thankfully there were, and still are the good people to balance the negativity. This story revolved around the relationship within families, and between Native Americans and settlers.
Grate book

This is a good book to read .if you like native American romance .started reading and couldn't stop. there are two more in this series
William Worman
Love it

Love it

this was an awesome read had me engrossed from the beginning. I can't wait to read the rest in the series!!
Danielle Bienvenu
I'm a big fan of her Native American Romance series! I wish there were more.
Alita Barrett
This was such a good book. I couldn't put it down.
Another one of Ruth Ann Nordin books. Simply love her stories.

This story got me hooked from the start to the end. Couldn't put the book down. Loved the hero Gary Milton, but I was more interested in the relationship evolving between Julia and Chogan. I felt frustrated when Gary never understood the depth of love his sister Julia has for him. The ending was okay . Oh how I wish to know more about Chogan and Julia' love story.

Looking forward to getting more free books of this author.
Yvette Karns
Good love story. Set back in 1800's when Indians were around. A white man marries an indian girl who has had all sorts of trouble with the Sioux tribe. One Sioux indian claims her as his and chases her down due to she ran away from him. She thinks he has killed her husband Gary but he didn't and Gary and Woape find each other in the end. Like I said good love story.
I enjoyed this story and would possibly read it again- while some aspects of the story and plot line were a little far fetched and didn't seem to make sense - the genuine rapport that you develop with so many of the characters makes up for it- most of the time.
Would recommend this book to friends, esp. if you like reading romance.
This book DEFINITELY needs a new cover, I almost didnt want to waste my time reading it because of the cheesy cover! However it ended up being a really cute book! If you like romance with a little bit of western flare I recommend this book!
Carrie Bray
I would go with 3.5 stars this is not a lot romance not a lot of action just a little of both. there were some good areas which kept me reading. not sure if I'll get to the other books but I'll put them on my wish list for maybe later.
A tender love story with exciting twists and turns but still a joy to read.....a love so true that proves age doesn't matter if you are meant to be......and that together you can over come anything.
My second Ruth Ann Nordin book.....I've enjoyed them both so much! She reminds me a lot of Cheryl St. John or Carolyn Davidson....very emotional and heartfelt stories and fantastic beta heroes.
So glad I finally decided to read this. Woape's story ends much different than what I was lead to believe at the end of A Chance in Time.
Julia's story should be very interesting.
Shelley Chastagner
This book is linked with "Meant to Be" and "A Chance in Time". Enjoyable story. Adult themes that include violence, and sexual situations.
This is one of the best romance books I have read that is about Indians. I really loved it and can't wait to read the rest of the series!!!
Sara Smith
This is a free ebook I got online. Really had a hard time putting it down. Was an attention-grabbing story.
Joanie Mills
Couldn't put it down then turned right around and bought the second one I truly can't wait for the third book
Alright book. Kinda repetitive. I just wish that the author spent more time on Woape's Indian heritage.
  • T'on Ma
  • Beyond the Horizon (Horizon Set, #1)
  • A Scandalous Past (Scandalous, #4)
  • Reckless Heart
  • The Bride Wore Spurs (Inconvenient Brides, #1)
  • My Lady Gisborne: A Gisborne Novel
  • Savage Destiny (The Hearts Of Liberty, #1)
  • My Savage Heart (McQuaid Trilogy #1)
  • Say You Love Me
  • Another Dawn
  • Through the Fire
  • Fireblossom
  • Heaven's Fire (Fairfax Family #2)
  • The English Heiress
  • Kissing Kelli  (Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy, #1)
  • His Not So Sensible Miss (A Gentleman's Guide to Once Upon a Time #3)
  • Sing My Name
  • For The Sake of Sin
What's to say? I write a lot. I read often. I sleep little. Once in awhile, I've been known to clean the house. A number of kids live in my house and there's this guy they call dad and I call husband. All in all, it's a pretty good life. :-)
More about Ruth Ann Nordin...

Native American Romance (3 books)
  • Brave Beginnings (Native American Romance #2)
  • Bound by Honor Bound by Love (Native American Romance #3)
The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Marriage By Scandal, #1) A Bride for Tom (Nebraska Historicals, #2) A Husband for Margaret (Nebraska Historicals, #3) Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Historicals, #4) Suddenly a Bride (Across the Stars, #1)